Jets did not sell out their opener

Just Jack

So....

Jets owner will buy tickets to avert blackout

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_owner_will_buy_tickets_to_avert_zXk7YOADHJD4Ze6j7oplLL#ixzz0yz5OVlEf

The Jets, meanwhile, are in even worse shape sales-wise for their opener next Monday night against the Ravens, with more than 1,500 non-premium seats still available in the lower sections of their new 82,500-seat home despite a recent 50-percent slash in the price of the required PSL.

Edited by Just Jack

Wow, that is absolutely pathetic...they're opening their new stadium on a Monday Night and all the fans are convinced they're gonna win the freakin' Superbowl and they can't sell out!

That speaks to the ticket prices, not the fans. Buffalo wouldn't sell half the stadium with the Jets prices.

I'm going to that game. I'm doing an NFL weekend doubleheader with the Bills on Sunday & the Jets/Ravens on Monday night. I got a bus trip for $139 out of Albany. The bus company has seasons in the upper deck where there are no seat licenses. I'm leaving right after the Bills game so I can get home Sunday night & not have to worry about something going wrong Monday. I wanted to see the new stadium & I figured I'd pick a game that does not conflict with a Bills game.

So....

Jets owner will buy tickets to avert blackout

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_owner_will_buy_tickets_to_avert_zXk7YOADHJD4Ze6j7oplLL#ixzz0yz5OVlEf

The Jets, meanwhile, are in even worse shape sales-wise for their opener next Monday night against the Ravens, with more than 1,500 non-premium seats still available in the lower sections of their new 82,500-seat home despite a recent 50-percent slash in the price of the required PSL.

A thing of beauty ... love it.. I hope the NFL takes note - big city does not equal loyal fan base.

That speaks to the ticket prices, not the fans. Buffalo wouldn't sell half the stadium with the Jets prices.

The Jets' owner said he's going to buy up the unsold tix so the game won't be blacked out. But the story says a league rule lets him "buy" the tix at 34 cents on the dollar.

Wish I could be tix to sporting events for 1/3 their face value!

If he wasn't trying to screw the fans with overpriced tickets and outrageous personal seat licenses, he might not have found himself in such an embarassing situation.

That is stupid. You cannot compare the earnings in the NYC area to the WNY area. Tickets are going to be expensive in the NYC area because the earning power is higher.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2008/08/new_york_jets_keep_upper_deck.html

Jets fans expressed relief yesterday when they learned 27,000 seats at their new stadium will be exempt from personal seat license fees.

But with the team planning to charge one-time fees of $4,000 to $25,000 for the remaining two-thirds of the seats -- plus a 20 percent ticket hike -- the Jets better shape up, fans warned

Thats a lot of bank for most people, even in NYC.

That is stupid. You cannot compare the earnings in the NYC area to the WNY area. Tickets are going to be expensive in the NYC area because the earning power is higher.

Apparently the Jets found the dollar level that makes fans say "no thanks"

The owners keep making their best effort to kill the golden goose. One day it's going to happen. It's hilarious that the anointed Super Bowl Champions of 2010 think so highly of themselves that they can't even get people to come watch them in an metropolitan region of 19 million people. I can't wait to see Sanchez and co. go down in flames.

So this is strange, I googled "NY Jets Ticket Prices" and clicked news only to see the first story:

Buffalo Bills face weak secondary ticket sales, possible 0-16 season

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Buffalo-Bills-are-staring-at-weak-secondary-ticket-sales-and-losing-season091008740

Unfreaking real - the Jets don't sell out their *regular* seats and we get dissed because of the secondary market!?

And as someone who bought tickets last night I can assure them that tickets on the secondary market are more like $100+ (though I got lucky and found some for $80 - 50 yard line, lower bowl, 26 rows up, Dolphins side; pure luck baby!).

Man oh man, I hope that Spiller and company run all over the Dolphins; lots of CJ + a Bills win = some measure of respect. Theoretically.

So this is strange, I googled "NY Jets Ticket Prices" and clicked news only to see the first story:

Buffalo Bills face weak secondary ticket sales, possible 0-16 season

http://www.ticketnews.com/news/Buffalo-Bills-are-staring-at-weak-secondary-ticket-sales-and-losing-season091008740

Unfreaking real - the Jets don't sell out their *regular* seats and we get dissed because of the secondary market!?

And as someone who bought tickets last night I can assure them that tickets on the secondary market are more like $100+ (though I got lucky and found some for $80 - 50 yard line, lower bowl, 26 rows up, Dolphins side; pure luck baby!).

Man oh man, I hope that Spiller and company run all over the Dolphins; lots of CJ + a Bills win = some measure of respect. Theoretically.

All the analysts will just say that the teams we beat we're over rated.