What is Your Ideal Season?

To see Arron Maybin be at least a Jauronian pick that will turn out to be something better than a warm body on the field with a very average skill set.

To see Chan Gailey make Trent Edwards the QB that the Bills hoped he'd be at least to bring back enough respect to the offense & the team so that the media would be forced to say something other than there negative BS about our beloved Bills !!!!!

To see the team go say 9 & 7 with a wild card berth and go let's say 2 games into the play offs . Again just so the city of Buffalo & the Bills could say to the media there you go you Biotches -- TAKE THAT !!

To see Kyle Williams be the player he has been for the Bills & once again prove them all wrong about his move .

To see the defense have a respectable showing this year .

TO SEE OR NOT TO SEE ----- CIRCLE THEM WAGONS BABY --------- GO BILLS :angry: !!!!!!!!!!!

Okay as much as I want the Bills to win the Superbowl, I don't think this is the year. Here are some things I would like to see happen.

- A record of 2-14 earning the numbers one pick in the draft, and with both wins being over the Patriots.

- Injuring Tom Brady.

- Electrifying touchdown runs from C.J. Spiller.

- The young guards establishing themselves as a top interior line.

- Enough from Bell to allow him to be a starter (hopefully at right tackle) going forward.

- Sean Nelson contributing to the offense.

- Byrd producing enough to show he was not a flash in the pan.

- McKelvin making some sort of quality contribution to the defense.

- McKelvin avoiding any further penis lawns.

- An unexpected linebacker playing well. Moats!

- Someone besides Lee Evans getting some production at WR.

- Lynch or Jackson traded to a team that suffers an early RB injury in exchange for a draft pick.

- Chan's offense looking more dynamic that Jauron's abomination.

It's okay if the Bills lose a lot, there are still lots of positive things to build an actual foundation on that can happen! :)

My ideal season:

- Trent Edwards throws for enough yards and has a good enough TD to INT ratio to allow the team to avoid being forced into taking a QB #1 in 2011.

- 9-7 record and in the playoff hunt until late December.

- No injuries to skill position players.

- Roscoe Parish having a breakout year on offense.

- D Bell shows enough promise to hold the LT job for one more year at least.

- Spiller doing what we expect without getting seriously hurt or looking poor down the stretch.

- Defense getting better every week.

- Maybin getting 10 sacks.

- McKelvin moving into the starting spot by end of year.

- Play-calling on both sides of the ball catches teams off-guard.

I understand the reason for wanting to go 2-14 to get the first pick and get a QB, but wouldn't it be better if Trent just turned into that guy and we could take a pass-rusher #1?

Okay as much as I want the Bills to win the Superbowl, I don't think this is the year. Here are some things I would like to see happen.

- A record of 2-14 earning the numbers one pick in the draft, and with both wins being over the Patriots.

- Injuring Tom Brady.

- Enough from Bell to allow him to be a starter (hopefully at right tackle) going forward.

- Lynch or Jackson traded to a team that suffers an early RB injury in exchange for a draft pick.

It's okay if the Bills lose a lot, there are still lots of positive things to build an actual foundation on that can happen! :)

So you're wishing for Tom Brady to get injured.

You're wishing for an unnamed RB to get injured, so we can trade away a proven player for one whose never taken an NFL snap.

You're wishing for the Bills to go 2-14.

Hmmm ... my ideal season would be one in which I didn't put myself through reading any posts like this one.

Hey guys I'm not trolling, I am a bigtime Bills supporter.

I think a lot of you have the attitude that if you just pretend that the Bills are a top teams, that somehow makes you a bigger fan. When you say things like the Bills will have a winning record, or that you hope I get injured, or call me names - really you just make yourself look pretty foolish and immature.

I just made a list of some things I would like to see happen this year. I don't think they will all pan out, but the point is that I am realistic about their chances and evesuppn if they lose a lot of games there are still some positive things we as fans will be able to take away.

I suppose this isn't the place to have intelligent discussion, though, and instead if a place to just say "zomg Bills Super Bowl all teh way!!!".

Go Bills!

I think a lot of you have the attitude that if you just pretend that the Bills are a top teams, that somehow makes you a bigger fan. When you say things like the Bills will have a winning record, or that you hope I get injured, or call me names - really you just make yourself look pretty foolish and immature.

I just made a list of some things I would like to see happen this year. I don't think they will all pan out, but the point is that I am realistic about their chances and evesuppn if they lose a lot of games there are still some positive things we as fans will be able to take away.

I suppose this isn't the place to have intelligent discussion, though, and instead if a place to just say "zomg Bills Super Bowl all teh way!!!".

Go Bills!

Hoping players get injured and hoping the Bills only win 2 games aren't ways to begin intelligent discussions.

I think a lot of you have the attitude that if you just pretend that the Bills are a top teams, that somehow makes you a bigger fan.

How is predicting the Bills to make the playoffs (and who knows from there?) any less realistic than them getting 2 wins? Seeing as how they won 6 games last year, and now look to be in better shape with a much better offensive coach, how is 2 wins (4 fewer than last year) a better, or more realistic outcome than 10 wins (4 more than last year)?

You're a "bigtime Bills supporter" and you want the team to suck this year in order to get a high draft pick? You prefer that (it was #1 on your list) to the team demonstrating progress from past years? To the young guys showing they can really play? To finding out we aren't in desperate need for a QB or LT (maybe Bell is the real deal, maybe Trent or one of the others steps up)?

You're a big Bills fan, but you want the Bills to lose TWICE to both the Fins and the Jets?

Right.

Go Bills!

Okay I can usually decipher the typos on this board, but you've got me here. Evesuppn?

Well, if you're asking what the ideal season would be, then the answer is 19-0 SUPER BOWL BABY! But because you used the words "be reasonable" in the thread subject, that I guess I'd have to agree with much of what you said.

Someone posted that their ideal season has Trent Edwards scraping together enough of a TD to INT ratio to keep the Bills from drafting a QB #1. Holy crapola is that a nightmare waiting to happen.

My realistic best case scenario for the season would be for the Bills to win JUST enough games to secure the drafting of the best QB in the 2011 draft. Perhaps that'll be 2 wins, perhaps it'll be 4 or 5 - depends on the other bottom feeding teams and their needs.

After that, I'd like if maybe, just maybe, some young player would develop into anything close to an NFL superstar. Jairus Bird has a chance. So does C.J. Spiller. Maybe McKelvin. Because really, it's been a long time since the Bills had a superstar.

Anyhow, without an elite quarterback, your team is relegated to the group of also-rans that wishes for a miracle season that they can beat the odds and win without the best player on their team being their quarterback. I want a quarterback that is elite, not one who you hope can throw just enough touchdowns and just few enough interceptions to not be replaced by a rookie draftee.

I'm willing to suffer through any number of bad seasons to hit the quarterback lottery, because when you have one, you can count on a decade of upswing and a real chance at winning a Super Bowl.

Edited by akm0404

- Injuring Tom Brady.

It will always be superbowl or bust for me...

well i don't want to see anyone hurt. it would be nice to see brady carted off the field with his head down in shame

17-0 baby....thanks Sen.

I'd rather see Brady walk off with his head held in shame as JBIRD takes a winning pick to the house.

Go Bills!

When the majority of "things I would like to see happen this year" are immature (injury to Brady, McKelvin and penis lawns) or simply don't make sense, what do you expect?

How would Bell being moved to RT be an "ideal" situation? Wouldn't the ideal situation be that he is healthy and plays well at LT?

As another poster said, I don't know what to make of you. You joined the board a little over a month ago and I'm completely unimpressed with anything you've had to offer. That's not because I mistakenly believe the Bills are one of the top teams in the league -- it's because you appear to be a moron.

Go Bills!

You said you would like to see a 2-14 record , not what you think will happen. Big difference.