7-9 last year to 2-14 this year?

MClem06

OK, I'll probably be getting all the Naysayers out of the woodwork with this question but I just don't see how the "experts" are proposing we are a 2-14 team. Let's look at the add/loss column for "impact" players/coaches...

Lost:

Head Coach Dick Jauron (good riddance)

Terrell Owens (didn't free up Lee so what purpose did he serve)

Josh Reed (decent/ somewhat reliable slot reciever)

Aaron Schobel (sack leader on a not so sack heavy defense)

I'm probably missing more but these were the ones that stand out.

Added:

Coach Gailey

Dynamic RB Spiller

NT Troup

DE/OLB Carrington

OL Cornell Green

OLB Andra Davis

WR Nelson

And I'm again probably missing more but these stand out. Our Offensive line though it didn't get better got healthier. The negatives are that we're in a new system on both offense and defense BUT I have no idea how it could get any worse than last year as both units excluding the secondary were completly disfunctional. And again Trent is a question mark. Even so, our team played competant enough to get 7 wins last year???

Looking at the schedule side, how can we only win 2 games with Kansas City, Chicago and Cleveland on the list? These analysts piss me straight off.

I have posted this in other thread previously.

The opinions of these writers (and not that I agree with it) is from the fact that they feel that due to our schedule, we really have no shot at winning the 6 games against the AFC East foes (they believe that those teams got much better than the Bills in the offseason and have their QB position and LT position set, whereas the Bills do not). They also believe that we do not have a shot at beating the top three teams of the AFC North and NFC North that we play this year. That leaves us with a shot to win against KC, JAX, Cleveland, Detroit. They figure that we will go 2-2 in those games and hence a 2-14 record for the year.

Again these are their opinions. IF you had no allegiance to the Bills, I see how they can view our team. After all, how do you think about the Lions or Cleveland. I am sure you are thinking they are the 31st and 32nd team in the league, which every fan of those teams will beg to differ.

OK, I'll probably be getting all the Naysayers out of the woodwork with this question but I just don't see how the "experts" are proposing we are a 2-14 team. Let's look at the add/loss column for "impact" players/coaches...

Lost:

Added:

Coach Gailey

Dynamic RB Spiller

NT Troup

DE/OLB Carrington

OL Cornell Green

OLB Andra Davis

WR Nelson

And I'm again probably missing more but these stand out. Our Offensive line though it didn't get better got healthier. The negatives are that we're in a new system on both offense and defense BUT I have no idea how it could get any worse than last year as both units excluding the secondary were completly disfunctional. And again Trent is a question mark. Even so, our team played competant enough to get 7 wins last year???

Looking at the schedule side, how can we only win 2 games with Kansas City, Chicago and Cleveland on the list? These analysts piss me straight off.

Brownies own us. That's one game that damn well better be a W. :pirate:

We lost our "star" players in TO and Schobel. And all of the other teams got "better".

This is all that's really been looked at on paper. And it's easy to predict a horrible season based on that.

But last year... we had no OC heading into the season, and threw the job at a first year guy, and something like... 20 guys injured? And 8 or 9 different starting OL formations? And then losing the HC half way through the season as well.

Anyone who actually looks at the team last year and what they went through, can see that the team shouldn't be worse this year than the team last year. Unfortunately, how our team does, isn't fully dependent on our play, but also the play of our opponents.

Even if we are slightly better... if our opponents are greatly better, then our record will get significantly worse.

Lost:

Added:

Coach Gailey

Dynamic RB Spiller

NT Troup

DE/OLB Carrington

OL Cornell Green

OLB Andra Davis

WR Nelson

Obviously you haven't checked out our schedule. Take a look see and i see this team going 4-12 or 5-11. This team has improved from what I've seen but so has our entire division

Washington Post columnist Michael Wilbon was interviewed on a Washington DC area news station this morning and said he thought the Washington NFL franchise with the racist nickname (my words not his) could win nine, or maybe 10 games this year and even contend for a playoff spot. The basis of his prediction? The team acquired Mike Shanahan and Donovan McNabb, and called them two key factors.

That got me to thinking about why the Bills are getting no respect. That's because they have last year's QB and a coach who is not as highly regarded as Shanahan. It has nothing to do with the relative level of talent, team chemistry or some quantitative measurements. It's strictly "image" and whether the team did what the "pundits" said the team should have done.

Bills didn't get Shanahan (or Cowher or some other "sexy" big-name coach) and they didn't "upgrade" the QB position. Ergo, they must suck.

Just my two cents.

Lost:

Added:

Coach Gailey

Dynamic RB Spiller

NT Troup

DE/OLB Carrington

OL Cornell Green

OLB Andra Davis

WR Nelson

Considering that we LOST to Cleveland last year, I don't see how you're counting them out? Sure it was an ugly win in an ugly game but a win was a win.

Considering that we LOST to Cleveland last year, I don't see how you're counting them out? Sure it was an ugly win in an ugly game but a win was a win.

Compare the Jauron-coached team that lost to the Browns last season to the team we saw in pre-season under Gailey with CJ Spiller.

PTR

The national media has no respect for Chan Gailey. If the Bills had gotten Shanahan or Cowher they'd be picking the Bills to make the playoffs. The local guys that are responsible for covering a limited number of teams, TG, JW and other media that are paying attention to a limited number of teams have a better perspective.

I feel like national sportswriters who assess every team in the NFL give a very cursory glance to most teams. Chan Gailey? Never heard of him. Oh wait, he was fired from GT and KC so he must suck. The Bills will suck because he sucks based on the very limited research I've done here. <_<

Compare the Jauron-coached team that lost to the Browns last season to the team we saw in pre-season under Gailey with CJ Spiller.

PTR

It's preseason. I don't care about preseason. Raiders went 4-0 in preseason a couple years ago and then finished last in their division during the regular season. However, I have been impressed by our offensive improvements but I want to see that translate to reg. season. Until then, I remain skeptical.

Edited by DreReed83

The national media has no respect for Chan Gailey. If the Bills had gotten Shanahan or Cowher they'd be picking the Bills to make the playoffs. The local guys that are responsible for covering a limited number of teams, TG, JW and other media that are paying attention to a limited number of teams have a better perspective.

I feel like national sportswriters who assess every team in the NFL give a very cursory glance to most teams. Chan Gailey? Never heard of him. Oh wait, he was fired from GT and KC so he must suck. The Bills will suck because he sucks based on the very limited research I've done here. <_<

Also keep in mind that when national writers need input they ask the local writers. That means they are getting their input from Mr. Sunshine Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News. It's no wonder they think we suck.

PTR

The opinions of these writers (and not that I agree with it) is from the fact that they feel that due to our schedule, we really have no shot at winning the 6 games against the AFC East foes (they believe that those teams got much better than the Bills in the offseason and have their QB position and LT position set, whereas the Bills do not). They also believe that we do not have a shot at beating the top three teams of the AFC North and NFC North that we play this year. That leaves us with a shot to win against KC, JAX, Cleveland, Detroit. They figure that we will go 2-2 in those games and hence a 2-14 record for the year.

Again these are their opinions. IF you had no allegiance to the Bills, I see how they can view our team. After all, how do you think about the Lions or Cleveland. I am sure you are thinking they are the 31st and 32nd team in the league, which every fan of those teams will beg to differ.

I don't know about anyone else, but the thing about these predictions that gets me is the record, not the rank in the league. I can accept that we are a bottom 4 or 6 team in the league right now and could not argue that at all. However, I don't think that we'll go 2-14. Furthermore, I don't think any team will go 0-16 this year and I'd expect the worst record in the league to be 2-14 or 3-13. The only reason people talk about teams going 0-16 or 1-15 is because it happened recently. Looking back through the history of the league, it is obvious that only wining 1 or 2 games in the year is hard to do. Miami and Detriot are definitely exceptions instead of rules.

But since those teams did so poorly, people think that suddenly every year a team is going to go nearly winless. In addition to the three or four games that look to be winable to even the most pessimistic observors, there ar ethe divisional games, which are generally closer than most give credit for. In division games, the best team doesn't always win. It should be a given that a team at least wins one division game, if not two.

I can't see them winning less than 5 or 6 games this year. I wouldn't bet that they'd win more than 7 though.

People are very emotional about this for some reason. Calm down.

It's reasonable to think the Bills will suck this year because:

1. They did nothing to address the offensive line situation aside from sign a 34-year old castoff from Oakland who looked BRUTAL in preseason pass protection.

2. The passing game looks JV High School caliber. Teams have proven you can take away Lee Evans. What's left? Unproven WRs, a drug addict TE, and a QB who looked shell-shocked and washed up last year.

3. The Bills are switching to a 3-4 and many writers think that they lack the personnel to do so. Even if they're okay personnel wise, implementing new systems can be difficult and they could get gashed early.

4. Beyond that, the roster is relatively anonymous. Guys like Kyle Williams are pretty solid pros, but national writers don't know a thing about him.

4-5 wins is a reasonable forecast. 2 wins is a bit pessimistic.

Let's hope they exceed all of our expectations and make the playoffs. But that's probably less likely than 2-14.

Obviously you haven't checked out our schedule. Take a look see and i see this team going 4-12 or 5-11. This team has improved from what I've seen but so has our entire division

But the point I bring up often when these types of arguments are made, is looking at our schedule in September gives you very little idea on the difficulty of these games in the changing NFL.

Remember that in 2008 we would have been looking at Seattle and Jacksonville at the start, two playoff teams coming off 11 and 10 win seasons, and penciled in in September as super bowl contenders and losses for us. Then of course we beat both of them and they won 4 and 5 games (each a worse performance than we have had since 2001 I might add).

So don't think just because our schedule looks tough based on 2009 performances that it will play out how it looks on paper or anything even close. We will face teams much stronger than we expect, and we will face teams much weaker than we expect.

That shouldn't stop anybody from doing their best guess and stating their expectations, but I see presented as certainty all the "we have no chance in that game" stuff which really doesn't hold any water at all as the season plays out. EVERY season in recent years, we have beaten teams that you would have penciled in as a loss before the season started (and unfortunately lost ones you would have expected us to win). It is the nature of the NFL, and why 2-14 or 8-8 right now doesn't mean much, and also why Vegas generally ends up with different lines on week 13 games than you would pencil in today.

You have got to be joking right? Taking a look at the schedule:

1. WIN- Miami- having issues with Henne. Most in Miami want Pennington to start but the management will give Henne the start because the owner refers to him as a Marino. Jake long is hurt so Miami just picked up a LT from Dallas.

2. Loss- GB. They are just better..

3. Loss- NE. We will give them a run because they are weaker than past. They are having big issues running, and have no pass rush on defense.

4. Win- Jets. Sanchez is struggling, last year was a fluke..

5. Win- Jags. We are a better team than these guys. Jack Del Rio will get fired this year.

6. Loss- Ravens. They can go to the big dance.

7.Win- KC. Chan has a point to prove, the team will not let him down either.

8. Win- Bears. Martz can't help Cutler, he will throw many int..

9. win- Lions. We are better than them.

10. Loss- Cincy. These guys are better.

11. Win- Pitt. If we do pull this win, we will be in for a wildcard. Pitt will have issues because the team is not backing up Ben, and he will be back for this game.

12. Loss- Vikings. Say no more

13. Win- Browns. Say we aren't better than these guys..

14. Win- Miami. You got it a sweep because we have momentum going, and the fins struggle w/ Henne.

15. Win- NE. The pats have too many old guys and no new guys and it hurts them at the end. (I live in NE and get the news about them all the time).

16. Win- Jets- Buffalo pulls the upset to get a wildcard over the Steelers.

This is wishful thinking, but in reality, take away sweeps on the Jets and Fins and give us a split and we still can hit the wildcard. Read about the others that I put a win next to and you can see how I came up with this. Buffalo can easily make this happen, I see a 9-7 record in reality.....

1. WIN- Miami- having issues with Henne. Most in Miami want Pennington to start but the management will give Henne the start because the owner refers to him as a Marino. Jake long is hurt so Miami just picked up a LT from Dallas.

3. Loss- NE. We will give them a run because they are weaker than past. They are having big issues running, and have no pass rush on defense.

5. Win- Jags. We are a better team than these guys. Jack Del Rio will get fired this year.

11. Win- Pitt. If we do pull this win, we will be in for a wildcard. Pitt will have issues because the team is not backing up Ben, and he will be back for this game.

14. Win- Miami. You got it a sweep because we have momentum going, and the fins struggle w/ Henne.

15. Win- NE. The pats have too many old guys and no new guys and it hurts them at the end. (I live in NE and get the news about them all the time).

This is wishful thinking, but in reality, take away sweeps on the Jets and Fins and give us a split and we still can hit the wildcard. Read about the others that I put a win next to and you can see how I came up with this. Buffalo can easily make this happen, I see a 9-7 record in reality.....

Like the other people say, I can see a 4-12 season. Your post isn't wishful thinking, you must be smoking something or are quite delusional. It far exceeds wishful thinking or optimism, it is downright ridiculous.

People are very emotional about this for some reason. Calm down.

It's reasonable to think the Bills will suck this year because:

1. They did nothing to address the offensive line situation aside from sign a 34-year old castoff from Oakland who looked BRUTAL in preseason pass protection.

2. The passing game looks JV High School caliber. Teams have proven you can take away Lee Evans. What's left? Unproven WRs, a drug addict TE, and a QB who looked shell-shocked and washed up last year.

3. The Bills are switching to a 3-4 and many writers think that they lack the personnel to do so. Even if they're okay personnel wise, implementing new systems can be difficult and they could get gashed early.

4. Beyond that, the roster is relatively anonymous. Guys like Kyle Williams are pretty solid pros, but national writers don't know a thing about him.

4-5 wins is a reasonable forecast. 2 wins is a bit pessimistic.

Let's hope they exceed all of our expectations and make the playoffs. But that's probably less likely than 2-14.

I was all upset at the fact the Bills didn't pursue top tackles early in this years draft and have felt very negative about the Bills this season because of that...

These last few preseason games Gailey has shown me that his QB's can run an effective offense without utilizing the 5-7 step drop backs that were used in Jarons/Schonerts/AVPs (Mike Martz style) offense in last few years Bills passing attack. We already know Spiller-Jackson-Lynch will be a 3 headed monster running attack that can get the job done running and receiving outta the backfield.

To watch Trent Edwards hit Lee Evans on a 40 yard go route up the sideline in 2.5-3 seconds tells me this offense just might be OK with the current tackles, plus you add in CJ Spiller who will keep the defense honest and stop them from playing constant nickle and dime coverages to stop the big passing play.

This is not the same podunk offense we are used to watching under Jauron, its not the same scheme or the same play caller. Gailey has shown these last three games that someone has finally found a way to get Roscoe Parrish the ball in space, something Bills fans have wanted to see since he was drafted. Both Lee Evans and Parrish have very good speed and can run go routes to open up the underneath for Spiller and the WR's.

The last three preseason games could be a glimpse of gameday this Sunday...which is what I'm hoping for. Now they just need to show everyone they can run that offense for 60 minutes.

3-13. Bank on it. It's a bad team, bad regime, bad owner, bad players. It's bad top to bottom. Not that hard to justify 2-14, but I believe it to be like 2001, when Gregg Williams took over

What was your prediction for last year?

So if they win, say even 5 or 6 games, I expect you to come back and admit you completely underestimated the team and take your deserved hits.

3 games? That's as bad as The Senator predicting 19-0. Just as idiotic, IMO.

Edited by The Dean

You hardly ever hear about depth on other teams.

We can sweep 2 out of three in our division alone:

Miami, Jake Long is hurt and Miami just signed a Dallas backup in case Long can't go, read about it. Miami staff doesn't like Henne, but the owner calls him the next Marino so the staff is using Henne until he proves useless, you can read about that as well...Miami has a run game that's it, Trent is a better qb than Henne, and the stats back that one up.

The Jets are like Dallas, expected to win big, but don't have answers why they can't score in preseason??? Jets only went so far last year with luck, and a good run game. Do you honestly think LT is the LT of the past???? If so, I think you may be smoking something a little funny... We can sweep the Jets and that's not smoke, it can happen, remember we beat them with a make shift line and a new HC in the middle of a season last year... What makes them so great? They have a good O-line, but Sanchez will have to throw this year more than last and he will strugle....

New England has no run game this year, and they have Brady throwing all over... We can pull a win out this year. That gives us 5 wins just in our division..

Now honestly tell me we cant beat the Lions, Bears,Browns,KC, and the Jags? That alone gives us 8-8.

The Steelers lost faith in Big Ben and he's not even a captain anymore. His team voted against him. Pitt is not the team of the past sorry but we can beat them. That gives us 9-7 in reality..

3-13. Bank on it. It's a bad team, bad regime, bad owner, bad players. It's bad top to bottom. Not that hard to justify 2-14, but I believe it to be like 2001, when Gregg Williams took over

Really? They were 6-10 last year, how are they worse this year than last? Such discontent you have, I think you should move on and route for a new team, I have no use for you.

Here is what they are forgetting:

1) Injuries can play a huge role in wins and losses. What happens if Tony Romo gets hurt and misses some time? Dallas takes a huge blow and likely a few more losses. Likewise, multiple injuries to a team at the same time can have a similar effect.

2) Basing wins and losses off how a team was last year is virtually meaningless. The NFL is littered with teams that weer good last year that are not good the following year. To say "we have a tough schedule" based on how teams played last year, does not necessarily hold true. Remember a few years ago when the Bills played the toughest schedule in the NFL, but before the season started no one would have guessed it.

3) We will win some games we shouldn't---every year teams win games they shouldn't.

4) We might not be as bad as people think. We should look like some semblance of a real NFL team this year, not the high school offense under Jauron. It is possible we get into some shootouts with teams.

5) Defense will be improving throughout the season as they become more accustomed to playing the new scheme.

Edited by matter2003

What was your prediction for last year?

So if they win, say even 5 or 6 games, I expect you to come back and admit you completely underestimated the team and take your deserved hits.

3 games? That's as bad as The Senator predicting 19-0. Just as idiotic, IMO.

I think The Senator gets the joke. This guy seems delusional and won't be back, I'd pretty much guarantee it. I did bookmark this thread for posterity though.

I think The Senator gets the joke. This guy seems delusional and won't be back, I'd pretty much guarantee it. I did bookmark this thread for posterity though.

Me too. But he tells that same joke all the time. At what point does it stop being funny?

I think we will be competetive as long as our defense can be at least average. Miami doesnt look that good- Henne isnt that good of a QB and they have depth problems on their line, I think NE will be good but not great I think they no longer have the depth they once had and are lacking at certain positions especially in the secondary and the jets will also be good not great....

So the Bills sweep The Jets and the Dolphins and beat the Pats once?

5-1 in the division...get the !@#$ outta here!

Wild card??? You're a straight-up homer.

This team is 5-11 or 6-10...period.

You hardly ever hear about depth on other teams.

We can sweep 2 out of three in our division alone:

Miami, Jake Long is hurt and Miami just signed a Dallas backup in case Long can't go, read about it. Miami staff doesn't like Henne, but the owner calls him the next Marino so the staff is using Henne until he proves useless, you can read about that as well...Miami has a run game that's it, Trent is a better qb than Henne, and the stats back that one up.

The Jets are like Dallas, expected to win big, but don't have answers why they can't score in preseason??? Jets only went so far last year with luck, and a good run game. Do you honestly think LT is the LT of the past???? If so, I think you may be smoking something a little funny... We can sweep the Jets and that's not smoke, it can happen, remember we beat them with a make shift line and a new HC in the middle of a season last year... What makes them so great? They have a good O-line, but Sanchez will have to throw this year more than last and he will strugle....

New England has no run game this year, and they have Brady throwing all over... We can pull a win out this year. That gives us 5 wins just in our division..

Now honestly tell me we cant beat the Lions, Bears,Browns,KC, and the Jags? That alone gives us 8-8.

The Steelers lost faith in Big Ben and he's not even a captain anymore. His team voted against him. Pitt is not the team of the past sorry but we can beat them. That gives us 9-7 in reality..

I don't get the media love for Henne and Shonn Green. I think letting Thomas Jones go last year was a huge mistake for the Jests. LT could be the LT of old for the first half of the season but, IMO, they'll have to restrict his carries in the second half. Henne has done nothing to make me believe he will be anything special. I'll take TE over Henne any day.

Me too. But he tells that same joke all the time. At what point does it stop being funny?

He's being a fan. I'd rather read about 19-0 every year than the doomers who predict the end of the franchise in Buffalo and 5 win records every year. JMO

19-0 Baby!!

Edited by Steely Dan

Washington Post columnist Michael Wilbon was interviewed on a Washington DC area news station this morning and said he thought the Washington NFL franchise with the racist nickname (my words not his) could win nine, or maybe 10 games this year and even contend for a playoff spot. The basis of his prediction? The team acquired Mike Shanahan and Donovan McNabb, and called them two key factors.

That got me to thinking about why the Bills are getting no respect. That's because they have last year's QB and a coach who is not as highly regarded as Shanahan. It has nothing to do with the relative level of talent, team chemistry or some quantitative measurements. It's strictly "image" and whether the team did what the "pundits" said the team should have done.

Bills didn't get Shanahan (or Cowher or some other "sexy" big-name coach) and they didn't "upgrade" the QB position. Ergo, they must suck.

Just my two cents.

Totally agree...If the Bills had Shanny and McNabb and did everything else the same I'm pretty sure we would be on quite a few lists for potential Playoff Teams...There would be zero talk of this "worst Team in the NFL" stuff...That much is certain...

The Bills are simply going to have to go out and prove they don't suck...That's all there is to it...I think at the end of the year we'll be considered a better Team overall than the Redskins...At least more of an up-and-coming Team...But that is pretty clearly just my opinion... B-)

Your assessment is very close to my own. I don't believe the Fins or the Jets are for real, or fundamentally better than the Bills, and NE is no where near the NE of five or six years ago. I think the AFCE is wide open though I don't know if the Bills are better enough to take advantage of it. But it is a toss-up this year and could go any of several ways. Personally, I think your pick of the Bills to go 5-1 in the division is do-able.

GB, Baltimore and Minnesota are, I believe, just plain all around better than the Bills. Of course, "on any given Sunday" any team can pull an upset. But these are three very likely losses.

Browns, Bears, Jags and Chiefs are very winnable. Will they sweep all four? I choose the optimistic approach and say they will. Still, ya gots ta play the games.

As to Pittsburgh and Cincy, I think I'd flip-flop these two. In my opinion, Cincy is not much different overall than the Bills, and certainly not above them. Again, this is a toss-up game but I think the Bills win it. The Pittsburgh game, on the other hand, is late enough in the season that Big Ben should be back to form, or at least not be a negative behind center. Again, a toss-up but I pick the Steelers to win this one.

IF the Bills stay healthy; IF the LBs improve, and IF Special Teams gels, then I think the Bills surprise a whole lot of people.

My guess: the Bills go 10-6. They make the playoffs by winning the AFCE. After that, it depends upon the Match-Up Gods.

He's being a fan. I'd rather read about 19-0 every year than the doomers who predict the end of the franchise in Buffalo and 5 win records every year. JMO

19-0 Baby!!

If I were either of those fans, I'd try a new and realistic approach. JMO

Your assessment is very close to my own. I don't believe the Fins or the Jets are for real, or fundamentally better than the Bills, and NE is no where near the NE of five or six years ago. I think the AFCE is wide open though I don't know if the Bills are better enough to take advantage of it. But it is a toss-up this year and could go any of several ways. Personally, I think your pick of the Bills to go 5-1 in the division is do-able.

GB, Baltimore and Minnesota are, I believe, just plain all around better than the Bills. Of course, "on any given Sunday" any team can pull an upset. But these are three very likely losses.

Browns, Bears, Jags and Chiefs are very winnable. Will they sweep all four? I choose the optimistic approach and say they will. Still, ya gots ta play the games.

As to Pittsburgh and Cincy, I think I'd flip-flop these two. In my opinion, Cincy is not much different overall than the Bills, and certainly not above them. Again, this is a toss-up game but I think the Bills win it. The Pittsburgh game, on the other hand, is late enough in the season that Big Ben should be back to form, or at least not be a negative behind center. Again, a toss-up but I pick the Steelers to win this one.

IF the Bills stay healthy; IF the LBs improve, and IF Special Teams gels, then I think the Bills surprise a whole lot of people.

My guess: the Bills go 10-6. They make the playoffs by winning the AFCE. After that, it depends upon the Match-Up Gods.

Too many people say 2-14, 6-10, 5-11. What do those teams have that we don't??? I do Cincy being better than the Steelers only because of what Ben did. Palmer will have a decent year and they always have a good "d" along with the Steelers. The Steelers just aren't the run team they once were and it will show. The Bills can easily sweep both Miami and the Jets. I'm not 100% sure it will happen, but they can do it, simply by using the rover as a blitz or specifically be put on the back, will force the teams to throw. I don't think the jets nor the fins can do it....

Too many people say 2-14, 6-10, 5-11. What do those teams have that we don't??? I do Cincy being better than the Steelers only because of what Ben did. Palmer will have a decent year and they always have a good "d" along with the Steelers. The Steelers just aren't the run team they once were and it will show. The Bills can easily sweep both Miami and the Jets. I'm not 100% sure it will happen, but they can do it, simply by using the rover as a blitz or specifically be put on the back, will force the teams to throw. I don't think the jets nor the fins can do it....

Here's a start...

1. Established QB or running game.

2. Offensive line not made out of spare parts.

3. Offensive and/or defensive systems already in place.

4. Defenses that aren't ranked 32nd against the run.

5. Legitimate receiving options beyond 1st WR (Lee Evans).

I don't get the media love for Henne and Shonn Green. I think letting Thomas Jones go last year was a huge mistake for the Jests. LT could be the LT of old for the first half of the season but, IMO, they'll have to restrict his carries in the second half. Henne has done nothing to make me believe he will be anything special. I'll take TE over Henne any day.

I'm not sure I'd take TE over Henne just yet...I wanna see what happens this year...But I totally agree about The Jets and TJ...I think it was a big mistake and the potential for problems in the locker room are great on that one...Plus LT has been dinged an awful lot the last couple years and it's slowed him down big time...I know he's pretty healthy now, but another injury to LT and the Jets backfield just dropped off a ton... B-)

So the Bills sweep The Jets and the Dolphins and beat the Pats once?

5-1 in the division...get the !@#$ outta here!

Wild card??? You're a straight-up homer.

This team is 5-11 or 6-10...period.

Who do have going to the playoffs???

Well homie 5-11, and 6-10??? So what your saying is that the Bills aren't any better a team than last year right?

1. Fact we beat the jets last year with a make shift o-line a new OC, who never held that position. You honestly think the jets are superbowl bound this year as well?? Why because they made the wildcard last year because Indy benched everyone??? Get real...

2. Miami has worst trouble than the Bills with there line. They just picked up a player because they have no depth at line and Jake Long is hurt.. Fact, Henne is having issues understanding the offense... Trent has better numbers than him.....

3. The pats are having management trouble with the team, and even Brady is not happy... They can't run and have no depth with defense and the pass rush is questionable at best... ( that use to be their strong point was their defense, not Brady). They are depending heavily on Brady, which is not a good thing seeing they have changes on their o-line, which is why they are having issues running....

This is why I said we can sweep two out of three. My prediction is 8-8, and 9-7. I put out there that we can win those games and it is achieveable because of the notes... Whay do you say 5-11???

Let me guess.

1. We have a bad qb.

2. Our line sucks.

3. We have no defense because we switched to a 3-4.

4. We never improved our roster???

Give me a break... Trent is better because our coaching staff has the skills to help Trent out and he is better for it. Plus he has a offensive coach to help him with decisions. Our line has one new guy in Green, but they have played for a year now and show this. Our defense is new, but in nickel situations use a 4-3 with a flanker/rover, so we may strugle here a bit, but feel not as bad as people say because the BILLS ARE A RUN FIRST TEAM, which keeps the defense off the field!!!!!!!!!!

1. Established QB or running game. Nope. But both look to be a bit better than last year, when the team won 6 games.

2. Offensive line not made out of spare parts. Again, not really. But the young interior guys have another year of experience. Wood and Bell are back, and they have added some depth (not much). In any case, they are not worse here than they were last year, when they won 6 games.

3. Offensive and/or defensive systems already in place. Well, they are in place, but w/o much experience so I get your point. This can only be a positive for the offense (IMO) but it may impact the D negatively in the short term.

4. Defenses that aren't ranked 32nd against the run. True. This could be another tough year against the run. Troup should help a bit, though. A FAIR evaluator would also note how well the D fared against the pass, and their turnover prowess. You aren't a fair evaluator though, are you?

5. Legitimate receiving options beyond 1st WR (Lee Evans). I'd say Spiller will be a legit receiving option out of the backfield. but I get your point. The #2 WR will have to step up. Who will it be?

Here's a start...

Hard to argue with most of that but The Bills did have a 1000 yd Rusher last year with a REAL banged up O-Line AND they added Spiller...I'm not sure if that's considered established, but I'm pretty sure it's not a weakness either...

By the end of 2010 Season The Bills will be considered one of the top 5 Rushing Offenses in the NFL...That's right I said it... :w00t:

Here's a start...

I never knew Henne and Sanchez were established qb's????

Didn't the jets just have a new system installed last year with a great running back who they got rid of this year???

I thought the jets just went out and got new receivers this year along with miami????

I think recess is over buddy and you might want to get back to class....