LAMP: I have a baby girl!

nick in* england

I don't actually post frequently enough here at the moment to feel like this is totally appropriate, but I'm singing it from the hilltops to anyone that will listen!

My wife gave birth to our first child yesterday. Erin Grace, 7lb 1oz. Amazing stuff and a total surprise. We didn't know what flavour she was before she popped out...!

Heck of a ride. Prospective Dads: labor is rough. You have no idea.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't actually post frequently enough here at the moment to feel like this is totally appropriate, but I'm singing it from the hilltops to anyone that will listen!

My wife gave birth to our first child yesterday. Erin Grace, 7lb 1oz. Amazing stuff and a total surprise. We didn't know what flavour she was before she popped out...!

BBM

:blink:

You ate her?! :sick:

Seriously, congratulations. I don't have kids but from what I've heard you are embarking down a road of unimaginable joy and unimaginable hell. Hopefully, more of the joy, a lot more of the joy.

:huh::huh:

For the Dad? :huh:

Congrats!!!

Now go get some sleep

Congratulations Nick and welcome Erin! Our little girl was born 18 months ago and that was the best day of our lives. Every day since with her is a treasure -- enjoy!

I always imagined myself as one of those guys who NEEDS to have a son first, but then I met my niece Kaylie for the first time and I realized how cool little girls are.

I do know what you mean. I do have a son who's two years older than my daughter.

They fought like cats and dogs when they were little. Now, they're best of friends.

Regrettably, there are no little ones in my and my wife's lives right now.

Hopefully that'll change in time.

Cheers again Nick! You have no idea what you've gotten into. But it's a great adventure!