Most Over Rated Band of All Time?

truth on hold

Any hip hop or rap act. No talent with great marketing to the extreme. I guess you really can't consider them "bands". More heavily produced horseshit.

As far as some of the conventional bands listed I would have to agree with Springsteen(never could figure out why he was considered good. Yeah I know he's totally awesome in concert). Same with Dave Matthews. Sucks. As far as U2 goes I think of them as two bands. When they first came out I really liked them. The second version of them is after they sold out and went all pop. Have to look at their discography to nail it down when this actually happened. Their "Under a blood red sky" cd is fantastic but thats when they first arrived on the scene.

Edited by Dante

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any hip hop or rap act. No talent with great marketing to the extreme. I guess you really can't consider them "bands". More heavily produced horseshit.

As far as some of the conventional bands listed I would have to agree with Springsteen(never could figure out why he was considered good. Yeah I know he's totally awesome in concert). Same with Dave Matthews. Sucks. As far as U2 goes I think of them as two bands. When they first came out I really liked them. The second version of them is after they sold out and went all pop. Have to look at their discography to nail it down when this actually happened. Their "Under a blood red sky" cd is fantastic but thats when they first arrived on the scene.

What a vapid overgeneralization. Listen to some Tupac or Eminem and tell me again about no talent. Yeah, there's a lot of crap out there these days, but I know you're a smart enough guy to not dismiss an entire genre.

What a vapid overgeneralization. Listen to some Tupac or Eminem and tell me again about no talent. Yeah, there's a lot of crap out there these days, but I know you're a smart enough guy to not dismiss an entire genre.

no ****. I am not the biggest hip hop fan but there is some great stuff out there. I have mad respect for Gangstarr and Guru. If I were to play something to try and introduce hip hop someone who didn't care for it I would play Jazzmatazz by Guru I think

The Beatles are over-rated? What they hell? People who think this have got to be under 30.

27 number one songs, 15 number one albums, in less than ten years. Yeah, over-rated. I had some kid try and tell me that fukin Radiohead was a better band than the Beatles the other day. What the Beatles did will NEVER be repeated...

Record sales are now a mark of how good a band is? Really? REALLY?

Jonas Brothers, back street boys, Madonna, j-lo, etc, etc, etc have sold tons of albums.

I think your argument for why the beatles are great is directly contractictory to the thread. A band is over rated when they sell tons of albums, but are nothing but bubble gum pop. Hey Jude, really?

I'm over 30, but the beatles are great to most of you because of the memories associated with them and their "legend". They are not a good band.

Phish. Besides the pot I don't understand why people pack those shows.

The pot. Oh wait...

I love the Beatles(even love their solo stuff), Radiohead, Beach Boys, U2, Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Pearl Jam and a few others mentioned.

I agree with Phish and Kiss. I have seen Phish recently with a bunch of friends that are really into them (follow them on tour) and I don't get it. The music is ok. But there is so much better. And I prefer the original aka Grateful Dead

Edited by Pete

Record sales are now a mark of how good a band is? Really? REALLY?

Jonas Brothers, back street boys, Madonna, j-lo, etc, etc, etc have sold tons of albums.

I think your argument for why the beatles are great is directly contractictory to the thread. A band is over rated when they sell tons of albums, but are nothing but bubble gum pop. Hey Jude, really?

I'm over 30, but the beatles are great to most of you because of the memories associated with them and their "legend". They are not a good band.

The pot. Oh wait...

A number one album does not necessarily mean it sold the most, just that it was rated highest on the charts. As far as today's music goes, I agree with you, but we're talking about pre-1970 here. The beatles wrote over two hundred songs in less than 10 years, and although there are some that I wouldn't say are great, the majority are.

I am a musician and I find that some Beatles stuff is harder to play than more modern bands. They still pull out chord s that I've never seen before...

Edited by TheMadCap

Sorry, but this will probably piss some people off,

Aerosmith.

I completely hate these losers.

agreed! When I do itunes shuffle and a newer Aerosmith tune comes on I immediately delete it. Some of their earlier stuff is alright but man everything since the 70's is garbage

Sorry, but this will probably piss some people off,

Aerosmith.

I completely hate these losers.

If you are referring to the current ballad making soundtrack hocking version I agree. They haven't put out anything worthwhile sine 76. Arguably, for a brief period in time, they were the best band in the world. Joe Perry's work on those first 5 or 6 albums has to be recognized. Unfortunately, drugs really took there toll on this band.