LT, then QB in 2011 Draft?

Astrobot

The Bills will draft a left tackle in the first round of the 2011 draft. If the draft were right now, I'd take Gabe Carimi from Wisconsin with the first rounder and take QB with round 2. DraftTek has us taking Carimi then Mallett! :w00t:http://drafttek.com/Round12011.asp

In round 3, I'm taking Marcus Cannon of TCU to play OG, 6'5, 350 but with great feet. Wood slides to OC.

Round 4 is time for a future ILB. I'll take Alex Wujciak. Watch him and think Cushing or Willis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYCsrUjIDw

Round 5 I'm going to hope that Auburn's Lee Ziemba is still there. We need better O-Line backups. He's another big man with quick feet and wide arms. Ohio State's Mike Adams is another one to watch. We've kept an eye on him ever since high school.

In Round 6, Niles Paul WR from Nebraska is my early pick. Last year he was Top 2 in the Big 12 in yards per reception (19.9), kickoff return average and punt return average. His uncle is Ahman Green, who still trains with him. His drive for perfection is impressive.

Finally, in Round 7, I'll take Jock Sanders, WR from WVU. Gailey likes the Parrish types, and the 5'7", 180lb. Sanders will be fun to watch.

Just kidding. There won't be a 2011 NFL Draft. ...Or WILL there?....

Number 1, and I know I'm beating a dead horse, but there is no way we pick first next year. Period.

Number 2, there will be a draft in 2011 regardless of the CBA situation. What will happen after in terms of signing the players is a good question though...

Number 1, and I know I'm beating a dead horse, but there is no way we pick first next year. Period.

Number 2, there will be a draft in 2011 regardless of the CBA situation. What will happen after in terms of signing the players is a good question though...

He never said anything about picking first, just who he'd pick in each round.

With that said, with all do respect astrobot, but other than you, who the hell really cares about about next years draft right now? Bills season starts in under 2 weeks. I can't even fathom looking that far down the road with the season just getting under way. and besides, our needs right now might not even be our needs at the end of the season. So I don't even see the point.

It's way too early for this. It's not yet proven that we need a LT or a QB. Especially after the last tow preseason games.

+1

Jevan Snead was a potential 2nd-4th round pick that ended up a FA and is now on the street. Its a huge crap shoot in April. Right now its not even food for the shoot!

Here is how the current starting NFL QBs were acquired:

1st round draft picks: 18 (E. Manning, P. Manning, Brees, Bradford, Cutler, Campbell, Flacco, Freeman, McNabb, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, Sanchez, A. Smith, Stafford, Young, Rivers, Ryan)

2nd round picks: 3 (Favre-#33 overall, Kolb-#36 and Henne-#57)

3rd rounders: 2 (Edwards, Schaub)

4th round: 2 (Garrard, Orton)

6th round: 3 (Brady, Hasselbeck, D. Anderson)

7th round: 1 (Cassel)

Undrafted: 3 (Delhomme, Romo, Moore)

While there is a significant number of 1st round QBs that don't make it, over half are first rounders and Favre and Kolb went really early in the 2nd. Only 4 non-1st or 2nd rounders have had any sustained success (Brady, Romo, Delhomme an Hasselbeck).

I find it interesting that there's more success finding QBs in the 6th and 7th round or undrafted FAs than getting one in the middle (3-5) rounds.

What's the takeaway from all of this: a team's best chance at landing a franchise QB is finding the right one in the first round. Odds are the Bills will be looking to get one in the first round of the '11 draft.

Linebackers and then some more linebackers. Moats looks bad at times, but he's the only guy we have at ILB that has the potential to be a playmaker. As much as we need a pass rush, we need middle linebackers who don't get lost in the trash.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

QB in the 1st round. Period.

Agreed we need to take a QB first round (Unless Edwards really shines) while we go in free agency we pick up a LT (Nothing major just a real professional LT) then in the second round go with a OLB, and then go after a RT in the 3rd or traded up into the 2nd to pick up a quality RT.

We need a franchise QB and a pass rusher for our D. We do need a LT but I think that the offense needs a serious change of culture and direction also letting Gailey get more time to mold a QB would be good.

However lets see how this season plays out before we start building a wish list for next years draft. If Edwards shines or Bell is a stud (Neither likely to happen but if one happens who knows).