Chan Gailey admonishes a group of fans

Guest dog14787

I just saw the video - beautiful! They shut up pretty quick when Chan started yelling at them, huh?

I like this hire more and more all the time.

What video? I have been through this thread, was it removed? Thanks

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Maddog.

Your post was seriously one of the worst in a long time. Sorry buddy. I think I disagreed with every word in it except "the" and "it."

edit: I also agreed with your use of the word, "that."

ok. so I started reading this thread early to about page 5. Then got busy with dinner. went out drinking after that and here we are 12 f'ing pages later. and a bit buzzed I must say.....but i'm with san jose on this one for sure. I'm not even gonna comment on your earlier stuff maddog. It's not relevant anymore.

what a great thread though. very entertaining.

Way to go Chan! I like you more everyday.

I love it. I bet the players do too.

Anybody that heckles our own players in practice, no matter who it is, shouldn't be considered a fan at all. Rather, they are immature aholes that simply act to drag our fanbase down to the lowest common denominator. Our fanbase used to be one of, if not the best in the business. Not anymore. Just look at this board.....there used to be a lot of great posters who debated their points with respect....though some remain you don't hear from them as much and some who contributed greatly, like Lori, have been driven off.....maybe once school starts it will get back to normal

I don't mind heckling in certain cases. If a guy isn't trying hard enough, particularly. Billy Jo Hobert, for instance. Or guys who loaf for whatever reason.

But if the players are trying as hard as they can, I think it's kind of pathetic.

And I don't see anyone on this team not trying.

"One of us, equals many of us

Disrespect one of us, you'll see plenty of us"

+1 :thumbsup:

Why not just ask these "fans", where they work? Then load up the bus and let them see how much fun it is, especially when a lot of large men heckle them at work.

That assumes they work. I assume they are living in Mommy and Daddies basement.

From some reports I heard, the hecklers were hurling profanity and other crude language. If true, I have even less of a problem with what Gailey did than I did before. And in the end, the players appreciate something like that from their coach and will work harder as a result. And ultimately that's what more important, rather than some idiot fans getting admonished.

Edited by Doc

From some reports I heard, the hecklers were hurling profanity and other crude language. If true, I have even less of a problem with what Gailey did than I did before. And in the end, the players appreciate something like that from their coach and will work harder as a result. And ultimately that's what more important, rather than some idiot fans getting admonished.

+1000000000000

I firmly beleive "paying customers"...fans have the absolute right to voice displeasure. But like everything else in life, theres a time and place for things. And a practice setting, and using lowbrow langauge isnt it.

And then theres the whole thing of Chan showing himself as a leader here and "defending" his team. Good on him.

If that's true, the SJF/Bills security crew really blew it by not throwing them out promptly.

The stuff I heard last week didn't include any profanity that I noticed, anyway.

He did do something about it. It told the fans that the Bills are a team and you insult one you insult them all. That is a hell of a coach if you ask me.

Hey you kids get off my lawn!

You would swear someone invented a cure for cancer with all the publicity this is getting. Can you say, "Who cares?"

Hey you kids get off my lawn!

You would swear someone invented a cure for cancer with all the publicity this is getting. Can you say, "Who cares?"

If this means that yelling at a bunch of 11 year old kids gets a win somewhere down the road, I'm all for it... :rolleyes: