Chan Gailey admonishes a group of fans

Guest dog14787

!@#$ Him. Trent sucks and the fans are sick of his ass being on the field let alone this team. If a team sucks or a player sucks its every fans right to boo or heckle or whatever. If Gailey doesn't like it, then do something about it, get a real god damn QB in here and start winning some ball games.

This is the song that never ends, and it goes on and on my frieeend :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

Did you watch any football last year? Trent most certainly has done enough to lose the job already, and many of us are increasingly perplexed by a new head coach who seems to think this is a clean slate.

If you took over a football team and the owner signed Jeff George to be the QB, would just watch practice and say "gee, he seems good. Nice strong arm." and ignore all of the game film available on him from the past that would show you he sucks??

Because that is what Chan is doing right now, relying entirely on practice and not watching last year's film to know this guy can't play.

And I guarantee it is going to cost us the first half of this season again. Then Trent will get pulled or injured, we'll be something like 2 - 6, and Brohm or Fitz will lead us on a run that will fall just short of the playoffs and everyone will wonder why those guys didn't start from the beginning.

I just can't believe there are people here who are not seeing this.

What I find amusing is that some people think that Gailey came into camp cold and has not watched film of the past few years. Gailey only has the players on his team to choose from. That he would come into camp with his offensive scheme and allow an open competition decide his starter is difficult for you to understand? My daughter I'm sure disagrees, but I do not see Trent as a long term solution any more than you apparently do. But this is not fantasy football after all. Gailey cannot simply click his heels together twice and have Peyton Manning as his starter.

All in good time ... all in good time. Rome was not built in a day.

Well, there is a waste of a perfectly good football.

Just kidding. Good for her. Thats really what training camp is for. I am taking my 8yr old son to the game on Sat. He's excited. He likes Spiller and Marshawn.

I would not even dare try and tell my kids we weren't going ... enjoy :)

Did you watch any football last year? Trent most certainly has done enough to lose the job already, and many of us are increasingly perplexed by a new head coach who seems to think this is a clean slate.

If you took over a football team and the owner signed Jeff George to be the QB, would just watch practice and say "gee, he seems good. Nice strong arm." and ignore all of the game film available on him from the past that would show you he sucks??

Because that is what Chan is doing right now, relying entirely on practice and not watching last year's film to know this guy can't play.

And I guarantee it is going to cost us the first half of this season again. Then Trent will get pulled or injured, we'll be something like 2 - 6, and Brohm or Fitz will lead us on a run that will fall just short of the playoffs and everyone will wonder why those guys didn't start from the beginning.

Is anyone outperforming Edwards in preseason...NO! Brohm will hopefully get his chance to run with the first team this week. Fitzpatrick sucks. There will be no run to almost make the playoffs this year. Who are you kidding?

All of our QB's suck for the most part. We're just looking for the QB that will do the best on a team destined to be the worst, or one of the worst in the league this year.

I do believe Gailey did the right thing. He stood up for his players and that's what a coach should do. Kudos to Gailey. However, I think we are missing the "big picture." I think the fans were (inappropriately) voicing their displeasure with TE and our QB situation. I happen to feel the same way and I voice my displeasure in other ways. No kudos to Gailey or the new regime for not addressing the QB situation this year...That is the bigger issue and my main concern. I really could care less about some meaningless heckling incident.

Edited by mpl6876

But, here's the thing, we don't have to like it. Yes, Trent is currently the QB. But he sucks and I don't like it. I will let express my dislike for him every chance I get. That does not diminish the fact that I am a diehard Bills fan. I love the team and want them to be successful. I really don't like Trent Edwards and wish he were not on my team. I am rooting for him to be successful and will cheer when he does something well, but I will also boo at him and complain about him when he does something bad.

Fine, you don't like it. If we had a better option on the team, wouldn't Gailey be playing him? This is what we have. It doesn't do a lot of good to go to a free practice and heckle Edwards. I don't see the point.

Maybe with the new 18 game schedule all this will be done away with anyway. The training camps will probably not be held the way they are now and this won't matter. According to what was said the other day, these camps will not be held at the smaller schools and smaller towns, but probably held at the stadiums, since the preseason will be so short.

What I find amusing is that some people think that Gailey came into camp cold and has not watched film of the past few years. Gailey only has the players on his team to choose from. That he would come into camp with his offensive scheme and allow an open competition decide his starter is difficult for you to understand? My daughter I'm sure disagrees, but I do not see Trent as a long term solution any more than you apparently do. But this is not fantasy football after all. Gailey cannot simply click his heels together twice and have Peyton Manning as his starter.

All in good time ... all in good time. Rome was not built in a day.

I would not even dare try and tell my kids we weren't going ... enjoy :)

Let me be clearer, as I thought afterwards what I wrote might get interpreted in that way. I love Gailey so far. And of course I know he watches film, a ton of it, I am sure. I am just surprised he is ignoring it. If he watched the film from last year, he should have made Fitz the #1 going into camp, as he earned it based on last year's performance, and let him lose the job if he thought that was what was going to happen.

In fact, if he is a player's coach as he seems to be by these actions, I am astonished this did not happen. It can't feel good to know you will be the best at a position one year and not be guaranteed to have first shot at the job the next year under this particular coach.

Does anyone deny Fitz was the better player last year? Despite the fact it was a different offense, you can't come in here and act like last year with these same players didn't happen. This is what I am confused by. Those were real games. As everyone has been indicating, this is merely PRACTICE (he said, channeling Alan Iverson).

And, just to continue on Gailey, I think we can all see this running game is going to be sick this year. Like best in the league sick, I think. The offense is going to score points based on the running game alone. But here again, if we would just start the right QB, we could win games, maybe make a playoff run with that running game. Instead, when third down comes along, we have to watch drive-killer Trent throw it into the ground or get sacked. I pray the right decision gets made before it's too late to save this season.

It looks like he already did, winning to follow, can you imagine dead Dick doing something like this. He might have gone

over to them and said something like "it's hard to win in the NFL" I applaud Chan and his guts.

I agree. Good for Chan going over there and sticking up for the team. Someone has to be a leader on this team and it looks like Chan could be the right coach for this situation.

Let me be clearer, as I thought afterwards what I wrote might get interpreted in that way. I love Gailey so far. And of course I know he watches film, a ton of it, I am sure. I am just surprised he is ignoring it. If he watched the film from last year, he should have made Fitz the #1 going into camp, as he earned it based on last year's performance, and let him lose the job if he thought that was what was going to happen.

In fact, if he is a player's coach as he seems to be by these actions, I am astonished this did not happen. It can't feel good to know you will be the best at a position one year and not be guaranteed to have first shot at the job the next year under this particular coach.

Does anyone deny Fitz was the better player last year? Despite the fact it was a different offense, you can't come in here and act like last year with these same players didn't happen. This is what I am confused by. Those were real games. As everyone has been indicating, this is merely PRACTICE (he said, channeling Alan Iverson).

And, just to continue on Gailey, I think we can all see this running game is going to be sick this year. Like best in the league sick, I think. The offense is going to score points based on the running game alone. But here again, if we would just start the right QB, we could win games, maybe make a playoff run with that running game. Instead, when third down comes along, we have to watch drive-killer Trent throw it into the ground or get sacked. I pray the right decision gets made before it's too late to save this season.

I hear you. But if you love Gailey so far, then you should probably trust that he knows more than you or I about picking his starting QB. Which by the way is not written in stone yet that it will be Trent on Sept 12.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It's really hard to believe anyone would be defending the heckling fans and/or criticizing Gailey's actions in response. Chan really is an old school football coach. With respect to Edwards, read Chris Brown's blog. Edwards doesn't have a thin skin or begrudge the fans, but he certainly does respect a coach who sticks up for his players.

Bottom line -- going to a PRACTICE and heckling players is completely immature and pointless.

It is freaking morons like yourself that give the best fanbase in the NFL a bad name across the country.

If I may quote Meatloaf ... "you took the words right out of my mouth."

I give Trent credit. I'd like to see him walk over to a dooshbag heckler and say, "here's the ball. you go do it, a-hole."

Fans like this make Philly fans look cool.

Last time I checked, booing and heckling is as old as sports. Bills players have been booed and heckled by Bills fans since the 60's. Jack Kemp was booed and had beer cans and whiskey bottles thrown at him. Joe Feguson was booed. Jim Kelly was booed and heckled by Bills fans many times. All three of those guys were better than Trent Edwards any day of the week. Should the "kids" have heckled TE? Who cares? Should Gailey have said something? Who cares? Non-issue. Besides, anything autographed by Trent Edwards is pretty worthless anyway.

Last time I checked, booing and heckling is as old as sports. Bills players have been booed and heckled by Bills fans since the 60's. Jack Kemp was booed and had beer cans and whiskey bottles thrown at him. Joe Feguson was booed. Jim Kelly was booed and heckled by Bills fans many times. All three of those guys were better than Trent Edwards any day of the week. Should the "kids" have heckled TE? Who cares? Should Gailey have said something? Who cares? Non-issue. Besides, anything autographed by Trent Edwards is pretty worthless anyway.

Great post!

Man I have to say The Chan has just about won me over. He is sooo old school. He is protecting his players while they practice. It's one thing to heckle during the games, that ok. But harassing them during practice is another. I don't think that's fair to Trent or any other bills player during practice.

No way Jauron does anything like that.

Get em Chan, good job. :)B-)

I find this funny. Chan seems like a good ol' boy. Probably know alot about football but at this point he has proven himself to be a mediocre NFL Headcoach, at best. He may go on to have great success here. You never know. But so far, that remains to be seen. His tougher training camp sure hasn't seemed to bring down the number of injuries. He's a marginally better HC than Jauron with basically the same roster. I don't think it is unrealistic to expect basically the same result. Unless I am missing something. Please let me know what Gailey has done in the offseason and preseason to win you over.

Awesome Codemonkey, fans like your daughter are exactly why If you don't have anything better to say then don't say it, and allow the folks around you, especially the younger more impressionable spectators, to have a good time.

Then there are those who don't mind acting like idiots in public, even if they are setting a bad example to impressionable youngsters.

Sure the hecklers can rationalize their actions ("it's up to parents to raise their children, etc") and because they have low character, they will make excuses and defend themselves. Don't expect loser hecklers at a practice to be accountable or take the high road.

(But) to have complete disdain for others (and other's children) while indulging your own immaturity and lack of class just shows what types of complete morons these hecklers were.

Fight Club, you are missing the point.

The nucleus of this issue is the behavior of these hecklers and whether that behavior is justifiable.

When you express disbelief about Coach Gailey's evaluation of Trent Edwards, you're not dealing with the central issue here.

I can't believe anyone on this board is implying the 'over sensative' tag on coach Gailey. And what about the Coaches 'Freedom of Speech' to tell the disruptive teens what HE thinks? -- Is the Coach not entitled?? :angry:

Good for Gailey! He did what anyone who 'believes' in their 'product' would do; STAND UP FOR IT! ---I'm sure it wasn't a few episodes, but rather an annoying group of punk kids who were disturbing those around them....and perhaps the entire practice session. Another option would be to take the practices inside and allow NOBODY to attend.

I constantly witness teenager punks who think they are assuming annonominity at public functions by being vocal, loud and obnoxious. This breed of teenager thinks they are 'cute' and 'funny' when in actuality they are being disruptive. Theres a BIG difference between that behavior and Freedom of speech.

For years, many on this board have voiced their dislike with Coach Jauron and his lack of emotion and enthusiasm on the field. Now some of you are bashing Coach Gailey for demonstrating that exact enthusiasm the team has been missing for 10 years. Pathetic! :doh:

Edited by BillsFanInLV

I do believe Gailey did the right thing. He stood up for his players and that's what a coach should do. Kudos to Gailey. However, I think we are missing the "big picture." I think the fans were (inappropriately) voicing their displeasure with TE and our QB situation. I happen to feel the same way and I voice my displeasure in other ways. No kudos to Gailey or the new regime for not addressing the QB situation this year...That is the bigger issue and my main concern. I really could care less about some meaningless heckling incident.

There are many ways to show your displeasure, like not buying tickets to the game or not showing up to support them during training camp. Yelling out foul language is not one of them. Chan and Nix, I believe have more football understanding than most of us here and additionally they carry an obligation as to what their boss, Wilson, wants and/or willing to spend. Mr. Wilson has given the charge to these guys and you have to give them a chance to see if they can succeed or fail. Even the great Belichek struggled with Bledsoe as his QB before lightning struck his bottle in Brady coming in as relief. I am sure the Patriot fans were using foul language to Belichek for continuing to use Bledsoe as his QB and not try out Brady.

I would think these fans were over the top with their heckling...

I'm sure Chan wouldn't of had an issue with a little ribbing....

I bet the last words to the team were "We all stick together" which will hopefully bring them together...

For years, many on this board have voiced their dislike with Coach Jauron and his lack of emotion and enthusiasm on the field. Now some of you are bashing Coach Gailey for demonstrating that exact enthusiasm the team has been missing for 10 years. Pathetic! :doh:

It's just another form of the same hyper-negativity. But those people who love to rage, spread their anger, and pollute with their negativity will defend their rights and actions to the death. But you summed it up perfectly. Most of them are hypocrites.

...anyone else think of Mike Gundy during all of this?

Not really. By all accounts, Coach Gailey did not lose his composure.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan