Chan Gailey admonishes a group of fans

Guest dog14787

LMAO no ****. I would think they are sleeping together considering how sensitive Gailey is in regards to his boy getting heckeled.

Bull ****. Pure and absolute Bull ****. What is this Russia or China? I and every fan has a right to boo, wear bags or whatever. 'Good fans'? You mean lemmings? 'Good' fans? Who the !@#$ are you or gailey or anyone to say what a good fan is? all gailey has done is show he is an over sensitive kitty

iceman - you know i respect your opinion, don't always agree with it but i still respect you.

however, the bolded above is really, really inappropriate - really not good at all

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is freaking morons like yourself that give the best fanbase in the NFL a bad name across the country.

I thought it was the drunks in the stands that heckle small children wearing dolphins jerseys?

:doh:

I love what Gailey did from a team perspective, but I do hope the heckling told him something about who is hitching his wagon to.

I have to say, I've been a Bills fan for 25 years and I cannot remember ever truly disliking a player that has put on our colors.

That is, until Trent Edwards. Nobody wants to root for a guy with no courage.

I remain committed as a fan of the team to continuing to root for someone else, anyone else, to win this starting job. I don't go to practices, but honestly if it took heckling like that to get the point across, I'd do the same thing.

Again, though, I totally support what Gailey did and if I was part of that group in the stands, I'd expect nothing less from my head coach. Doesn't mean those hecklers aren't right though.

Bull ****. Pure and absolute Bull ****. What is this Russia or China? I and every fan has a right to boo, wear bags or whatever. 'Good fans'? You mean lemmings? 'Good' fans? Who the !@#$ are you or gailey or anyone to say what a good fan is? all gailey has done is show he is an over sensitive kitty

Technically doesn't he and the players have the same rights you claim the fans have? Therefore they're under no obligation to sign anything for someone who is going to heckle them for 3 hours.

My kids are there again today (8th time total and 3rd day in a row, geesh :) ) and they got Trents autograph among others and almost a glove. Good to know they weren't in the a-hole section :)

THE glove?

!@#$ Him. Trent sucks and the fans are sick of his ass being on the field let alone this team. If a team sucks or a player sucks its every fans right to boo or heckle or whatever. If Gailey doesn't like it, then do something about it, get a real god damn QB in here and start winning some ball games.

Darth, Darth, Darth. What loser would go to a free and open practice with the sole reason to heckle one of the players. That really is the embodiment of "loser behavior."

I'm certainly not going to say "Oh, but Trent is so amazing, how could we boo him?"

The man has not lived up to expectations, of that there can be no doubt.

Are you saying that Trent is underachieving? Or are you saying that the Bills maybe shouldn't have drafted him in the 3rd round? I love how people want to hate the player when he doesn't live up to expectations, regardless of whether it's actually his fault or not.

According to PFT, it was Chad Gailey. Perhaps we're talking about the wrong coach...gotta love their editors over there sometimes.

Oh great. He hired a family member to coach. More nepotism. This is getting to be as bad as the Giambra Administration. :)

I have no doubt these hecklers were being jerks, but Gailey better grow a thicker skin, or it's gonna be a looooooonnnnnng season for him.

Thicker skin? I'm not so sure about that one, Duby. I think that it's very possible that Coach Gailey's actions were calculated…even premeditated from earlier practices (this happened during the final practice at SJF this year…no?)

Gailey at least helped to build some team unity by fostering the ever useful "Us vs. Them mentality." He also bolstered the QB/Coach relationship. Yes he risked alienating a small segment of the fan base but really, who cares about those fans who would come to a practice just to heckle a target of their derision?

Screw those people. They're losers. If they boo a bad performance in a game, that's one thing. But to act maliciously during a practice session in which they are GUESTS?

And I thought Trent Edwards handled it well too, based on his written comments. He tried to diffuse the situation, which is the right thing to do.

I'm not signing any autographs for you, because, frankly, you are annoying...as tired as you are of Trent Edwards on the Bills, I am tired of your endless repetition of the same thing, over, and over, and over, and over, and over again... give it a rest for a while, huh? We get it, you hate Trent Edwards...

You apparently missed Ice 101, here's a synopsis for you:

You pick a subject, any subject really, preferably something about a player. Then you form an opinion, it doesn't need to be grounded in fact or rationality, any opinion will do. Then you post over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until hopefully someone acknowledges your position.

It's much like watching a 4 year old scream until his or her parents finally acknowledge them.

It must have been really bad for Chan to even notice it was going on. I am glad the coach made the decision to not sign for the fans. He will take any and all heat for it. The players would have still signed because otherwise it's a PR nightmare for them.

This tells me that panic is starting to set in for Chan.

You cannot tell me that today was the first day that people were heckling Trent. He is terrible. He is difficult to watch because as soon as there is any pressure, he folds quicker than Drew Bledsoe.

To me, it is pathetic that Chan lashed out at the fans in this manner. The fans have a right to criticize and heckle players who are not performing well. It does not mean the fans don't wish the player was performing better, it just means that they care about the team and accept crappy play.

This really is concerning to me. Chan is clearly feeling the pressure now that it is getting closer to naming a starter. None of the QBs have stepped up and he is stuck with Trent. Now he is furiously defending his ugly girlfriend.

SAD. Really SAD.

Good for Chan. I'm guessing whatever they were saying went way beyond "you stink". And beyond Gailey sticking up for his players, I think he wanted to make an example of them in front of other youths. There are a lot of young people these days that have zero respect for anyone or anything. I know that's more of a comment on society then anything, but sadly, that's the way it is.

Doesn't mean those hecklers aren't right though.

They may or may not be right regarding Edwards as the starting QB.

But they are 100% wrong in heckling him or anyone else at a practice. A practice that is free and open to the public and in particular that caters to kids (the next generation of Bills fans). The Bills organization does a spectacular job at camp making sure it is a family friendly environment. My kids come back with all kind of Bill stuff that they won at contests and what not. They get to see their favorite players run drills and get a chance to get their autograph. And they absolutely love it there. There is no reason at all for a group of !@#$ing morons to heckle anyone there. Particularly today, the last day of camp when the place was jam packed with kids trying to get the practice jerseys etc. from their favorite players.

And if you really think that some !@#$s hecking is going to make even the slightest bit of difference in who Gailey will eventually name the starter then you need to put down the crack pipe and check into rehab.

On second thought, maybe Chan is right. The nasty old fans should not say anything bad about little Trent. They'll hurt his feelings.

I heard the NFL was instituting rule changes this year to help with this. We don't want anyone feeling bad so they won't be keeping score in any of the games and at the end of the season, everyone gets a trophy.

What a Joke. Suck it up, Trent. What's next: Is you Mom going to run out on the field to protect you?

!@#$ Him. Trent sucks and the fans are sick of his ass being on the field let alone this team. If a team sucks or a player sucks its every fans right to boo or heckle or whatever. If Gailey doesn't like it, then do something about it.

I believe he did & I like his response almost as much as I dislike any of our current QBs.

You cannot tell me that today was the first day that people were heckling Trent. He is terrible. He is difficult to watch because as soon as there is any pressure, he folds quicker than Drew Bledsoe.

To me, it is pathetic that Chan lashed out at the fans in this manner. The fans have a right to criticize and heckle players who are not performing well. It does not mean the fans don't wish the player was performing better, it just means that they care about the team and accept crappy play.

This really is concerning to me. Chan is clearly feeling the pressure now that it is getting closer to naming a starter. None of the QBs have stepped up and he is stuck with Trent. Now he is furiously defending his ugly girlfriend.

SAD. Really SAD.

MADDOG (let's hope the name does not indicate your demeanor),

This is not about 'rights'. You have the right to p!$$ your pants in public and act like nothing happened. Does that mean that you do it? Acting stupidly is not 'freedom'.

What is at issue here, is why would you go to a PRACTICE setting and expect regular season results? Heck, why would you expect anything? It's PRACTICE. That is moronic. Practice has nothing....NOTHING to do with performance. As Edwards, Gailey, etc have all said they are working on the fundamentals of football in order to improve the football team. One does not improve by being 'perfect'. And how do you think one does get better, anyways?

Chan is not panicking. If he was panicking, he would be listening to the boneheads who- as has been rightfully observed- were guests of the Bills. He would hear the jeers of the morons, take it as sage advice, and bench Edwards. Gailey, as the head coach of the Bills, acted like one. He set the tone and led by example that you mess with one, you mess with all. That's the formation of what I like to refer to as a SPINE. Something the Bills have not had in over 10 years.

Pittsford must be a rough place in the summer for bored teenagers. Maybe Mumsie had to use the Beemer to drive to her tennis lesson.

They probably think that playing MaddenNFL11 on their Wii everyday makes them experts at the real thing.

I have no doubt these hecklers were being jerks, but Gailey better grow a thicker skin, or it's gonna be a looooooonnnnnng season for him.

I don't think the heckling bothered Gailey personally. His skin is plenty thick. He was probably more concerned with the cohesion of the team and of them seeing each other as one unit who will watch each other's backs.

On second thought, maybe Chan is right. The nasty old fans should not say anything bad about little Trent. They'll hurt his feelings.

I heard the NFL was instituting rule changes this year to help with this. We don't want anyone feeling bad so they won't be keeping score in any of the games and at the end of the season, everyone gets a trophy.

What a Joke. Suck it up, Trent. What's next: Is you Mom going to run out on the field to protect you?

Hmmm. Maybe I read the wrong article. Was it Trent that spoke up or Gailey?

SAD. Really SAD.

Man, you r so full of it, just because your girlfriend is an Elsie Mae Boofer, doesn't mean that everyone else's is like yours.