10 greatest players of all time...

Big Turk

I wasn't overly surprised about his inclusion, but nonetheless, anytime a former Bill is included i any list its great. Just makes you long for those days again. Anyways, here is the top 10:

1) Jerry Rice

2) Jim Brown

3) Johnny Unitas

4) Joe Montana

5) Reggie White

6) Bruce Smith

7) Lawrence Taylor

8) Dick Butkus

9) Anthony Munoz

10) Joe Greene

you can read the full article here: Top 10 NFL Players of All Time

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't overly surprised about his inclusion, but nonetheless, anytime a former Bill is included i any list its great. Just makes you long for those days again. Anyways, here is the top 10:

1) Jerry Rice

2) Jim Brown

3) Johnny Unitas

4) Joe Montana

5) Reggie White

6) Bruce Smith

7) Lawrence Taylor

8) Dick Butkus

9) Anthony Munoz

10) Joe Greene

Where's BADOLBILZ when you need him to tell you that Bruce was significantly better than Reggie White??

1) Jerry Rice

2) Jim Brown

3) Johnny Unitas

4) Joe Montana

5) Reggie White

6) Bruce Smith

7) Lawrence Taylor

8) Dick Butkus

9) Anthony Munoz

10) Joe Greene

Actually, I am real surprised. Not because I don't think he deserves it, but, it seems like the Bills players are normally an afterthought in these kinds of discussions. I am surprised that neither John Elway or Dan Marino made the cut. Not that I have any complaint against any of the guys on the list, but I am sure somebody would.

btw- great player no doubt, but it is hard for me to think of any wide receiver receiver, even the great Jerry Rice, the greatest player in NFL history. And, my favorite Bill of all time is Jerry Butler.

Where's BADOLBILZ when you need him to tell you that Bruce was significantly better than Reggie White??

I can fill in for him. Reggie white was good and HOF status but Bruce was better. Reggie played LDE in a 4-3. Bruce played RDE in a 3-4 and met double/triple teams on most plays.

I can fill in for him. Reggie white was good and HOF status but Bruce was better. Reggie played LDE in a 4-3. Bruce played RDE in a 3-4 and met double/triple teams on most plays.

Yes, White was playing against a significantly lesser athlete most of the time than Bruce Smith was...

1) Jerry Rice

2) Jim Brown

3) Johnny Unitas

4) Joe Montana

5) Reggie White

6) Bruce Smith

7) Lawrence Taylor

8) Dick Butkus

9) Anthony Munoz

10) Joe Greene

Bruce should be #5 :D

:ph34r:

Yes, White was playing against a significantly lesser athlete most of the time than Bruce Smith was...

B-)

Butkus and Greene are not deserving to be on this list. I'm not even sure he is the best Chicago Bear of all time with Sayers, Payton, and Singletary also in that discussion. Hell Ray Lewis is probably better. Larry Allen is the best offensive guard and possibly offensive lineman of all time. John Hannah and Walter Jones dominated there position far greater than Greene dominated his. Ronnie Lott should also be in the discussion of top 10.

1) Jerry Rice

2) Jim Brown

3) Johnny Unitas

4) Joe Montana

5) Reggie White

6) Bruce Smith

7) Lawrence Taylor

8) Dick Butkus

9) Anthony Munoz

10) Joe Greene

OJ belongs on this list. He was the player of the decade for the 70's and the 70's made the NFL.

Butkus and Greene are not deserving to be on this list. I'm not even sure he is the best Chicago Bear of all time with Sayers, Payton, and Singletary also in that discussion. Hell Ray Lewis is probably better. Larry Allen is the best offensive guard and possibly offensive lineman of all time. John Hannah and Walter Jones dominated there position far greater than Greene dominated his. Ronnie Lott should also be in the discussion of top 10.

There is no way Larry Allen is even in the same sentence as Anthony Munoz...

^^^^ what he said, even on the stupid HoF show I watched they talked about OJ, he was one of the great football players even with what ever he did after his career and where he is now. BTW JB should be #1 IMO

Oh and the Farve (even if he is/might or not going to play this year).

There have also been other better QBs then Johnny U. but he was a great player, Y.A. would at least be comparable if they are trying to get it done by putting people from eras.

I like Bruce more than Reggie, but Reggie did show up in the Super Bowl. Granted it was against Brain Dead Drew.

Pretty good list though, there may be some other players worthy of mention, but those 10 all belong in the conversation.

1) Jerry Rice

2) Jim Brown

3) Johnny Unitas

4) Joe Montana

5) Reggie White

6) Bruce Smith

7) Lawrence Taylor

8) Dick Butkus

9) Anthony Munoz

10) Joe Greene

The author is correct, Smith is the standard for a pure pass rusher. Statistically he is the NFL's all time sack leader, but those stats don't even tell how great of a pass rusher he was. Could have had 300, but justice was served when he retired as the all time sack leader.