How many 1st and 2nd round picks can you have not starting?

San-O

I understand it really doesn't matter if you're winning games, which Buffalo isn't, but

how many teams in the NFL have as many 1st and 2nd round picks not starting?

I see:

1. Lynch 1st

2. Maybin 1st

3. McLuvin 1st

4. Hardy 2nd

Are there others?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand it really doesn't matter if you're winning games, which Buffalo isn't, but

I see:

1. Lynch 1st

2. Maybin 1st

3. McLuvin 1st

4. Hardy 2nd

Are there others?

Parrish 2nd

I see:

1. Lynch 1st

2. Maybin 1st

3. McLuvin 1st

4. Hardy 2nd

Are there others?

This is an pointless argument. Let's assume every player you draft is a bust, but every player you sign as an UDFA turns out to be a Pro Bowler? In the end, does it matter one lick how a player wound up on your team as long as they help you win?

PTR

This is an pointless argument. Let's assume every player you draft is a bust, but every player you sign as an UDFA turns out to be a Pro Bowler? In the end, does it matter one lick how a player wound up on your team as long as they help you win?

PTR

If you can't hit in the first round at least 50% of the time, your FO sucks. But, a valid point nonetheless.

PTR

It sort of kinda does matter when the team is to the point it can not afford to (or is unwilling to) give those UDFA's a lucrative contract because the 1st and second round dratees are sitting on the bench collecting their dough while the UDFA is playing every down, and three or four years later, the now experianced underpaid UDFA leaves for greener pastures.

Case in point do you think Jason Peters would still be here if his initial contract was for Mike Williams dough?

PTR

Except that you pay megamillions in signing bonuses to a player who doesn't see the field. Money you could have spent on free agents or resigning your best players. So in the end you are very wrong. It does matter that your 1st-2nd round picks are busts. It also means your scouting department sucks and are not earning their money. You cannot win hoping your 7th rounders all start.

Except that you pay megamillions in signing bonuses to a player who doesn't see the field. Money you could have spent on free agents or resigning your best players. So in the end you are very wrong. It does matter that your 1st-2nd round picks are busts. It also means your scouting department sucks and are not earning their money. You cannot win hoping your 7th rounders all start.

Exactly, and is why the Bills have not had a whiff of the playoffs in 10 years.

I see:

1. Lynch 1st

2. Maybin 1st

3. McLuvin 1st

4. Hardy 2nd

Are there others?

Whitner - (selected 8th overall) if he does not start...

Of the players listed, Lynch is actually a good player, and would start for most teams.

Check out this comment from a personnel guy re: Lynch (PFW audibles):

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/07/2...rrolls-last-job

• "It is a shame Steven Jackson is not on a better football team. When he is healthy, he is the best back in the league to me. He runs with more violence and strength than Adrian Peterson. You can clump ­Marshawn Lynch in there as well. When (Lynch) is right, he is a beast."

PTR

money comes to mind.......

PTR

It matters because the odds are so much better to find a Pro Bowler in the first two rounds vice the UDFA route.

I am not sayinag that all round 1 and 2 picks should be pro bowlers but the majority should be starters.