Jason Peters & Bobby April

Just finished watching the Phillies ass whipping and caught some Eagles training camp coverage. I know they aren't Bills anymore, but just some notes:

Peters

- described his own play last year (Probowl) as a "6.5/7 out of 10"

- looked in great shape. took part in his first ever voluntary conditioning program this offseason. Loved this quote "coming in [to training camp] in shape really helps." :thumbsup:

April

- was running all around like a madman yelling and blowing his whistle :D

- was wearing a referees uniform. he said he does it to help keep the players attention while they practice plays. he said he's been doing this for 8-9 years. I have no memory of that. I do miss that guy. Truly the one bright coaching spot of the past decade.

Nothing groundbreaking...I was just watching and thought I'd pass it along. :flirt:

What - no notes on Jauron? :thumbsup:

Beat me to it. Maybe he'll one up April and wear his skeletor uniform.

He's a bad HC but he'll probably do a decent job with their secondary.

Andy Reid will most likely go nuts when the next draft comes along and Jauron will be lobbying hard for 7 new corners.

:blush: Say what you want to about Jauron, but he knows defensive backs. He left us with one of the best secondaries in the NFL. And in a pass first league, that's not a bad thing.

Ok I will say what I will, after the 4 year train wreck that was the nightmare of coach Jarhead, I am only happy he left us with a decent secondary, but it is no surprise since that is where so many draft choices/FA pick ups were.

But good luck to Bobby A. this year, I would have liked to see him finish the season as HC last year.

I am happy we got De Haven back though too. :)

Ok I will say what I will, after the 4 year train wreck that was the nightmare of coach Jarhead, I am only happy he left us with a decent secondary, but it is no surprise since that is where so many draft choices/FA pick ups were.

But good luck to Bobby A. this year, I would have liked to see him finish the season as HC last year.

I am happy we got De Haven back though too. :)

We have a top 3 secondary. And 3 corners are on the field more than 50% of the time now so you need a lot of quality dbs.

Jauron had a lot of faults but he knows defensive back talent.

I hate Jason Peters and wish him the worst.

Yeah I would hate a guy who came in as an UDFA and BUSTED his ass to learn a whole new position...not to mention, all the while becoming the best at that position. He did everything he was asked to do from Day 1...he caught Losman's first TD pass, he blocked a kick/punt (for a TD? cant remember)...he switched from Right to Left...

He made it to the Pro-Bowl as a Left Tackle...and he deserved to be paid as a Pro-Bowl LT...not an UDFA TE.

Can't say **** about him being injury prone....our whole god damn organization has been injured for 10 years!

The dude did what we asked him to do, to the best of his ability...which is Pro-Bowl caliber...and Bills fans hate him?

He has been the best O-Lineman we have had in like 10 years, we still have NOT found a replacement for him and there is nobody even close to his athletic ability as an O-Lineman on this team. We do not have one single Lineman who is Pro-Bowl caliber...except Eric Wood, but there are TONS of good Guards in the AFC.

Bottom Line: We would be better off with him...than we are without him!

Why hate him? Cause he held out for money...well, in that case...I hate CJ Spiller!

Yeah I would hate a guy who came in as an UDFA and BUSTED his ass to learn a whole new position...not to mention, all the while becoming the best at that position. He did everything he was asked to do from Day 1...he caught Losman's first TD pass, he blocked a kick/punt (for a TD? cant remember)...he switched from Right to Left...

He made it to the Pro-Bowl as a Left Tackle...and he deserved to be paid as a Pro-Bowl LT...not an UDFA TE.

Can't say **** about him being injury prone....our whole god damn organization has been injured for 10 years!

The dude did what we asked him to do, to the best of his ability...which is Pro-Bowl caliber...and Bills fans hate him?

He has been the best O-Lineman we have had in like 10 years, we still have NOT found a replacement for him and there is nobody even close to his athletic ability as an O-Lineman on this team. We do not have one single Lineman who is Pro-Bowl caliber...except Eric Wood, but there are TONS of good Guards in the AFC.

Why hate him? Cause he held out for money...well, in that case...I hate CJ Spiller!

I'm not 100% sure, but Biscuit is usually pretty level-headed, so I'd hazard that he was being sarcastic.

No good can come from this, but Peters renegotiating his contract became a regular thing. And he went about it in a way that would have gotten most people fired. This is the source of the animosity.

He first signed in 2004, then renegotiated in 2006 (to indicate his position as a starting tackle), and held out in 2008, again wanting a new contract.

I hate Jason Peters and wish him the worst.

A team which is known for losing refuses to pay him the market rate for his position. A team which is known for consistently winning trades for him and comes to a quick contract agreement. Their LT position is anchored and set for the next number of years. As it presently stands our LT position is a major vulnerability. If in the next draft the Bills take an OT with a high first round pick the cost for a prospect would be greater or near what a proven OT is presently getting. There are obvious reasons why the Bills are where they are. There are obvious reasons why the Eagles are where they are.

A team which is known for losing refuses to pay him the market rate for his position. A team which is known for consistently winning trades for him and comes to a quick contract agreement. Their LT position is anchored and set for the next number of years. As it presently stands our LT position is a major vulnerability. If in the next draft the Bills take an OT with a high first round pick the cost for a prospect would be greater or near what a proven OT is presently getting. There are obvious reasons why the Bills are where they are. There are obvious reasons why the Eagles are where they are.

So far, Peters has proven that the Bills were right in trading him away. His presence wouldn't have led to more wins last year and his performance is far below what he's being paid.

:) Say what you want to about Jauron, but he knows defensive backs. He left us with one of the best secondaries in the NFL. And in a pass first league, that's not a bad thing.

A secondary with 1 pro-bowl player. Two Top-15 picks and the Secondary be at least average.

:) Say what you want to about Jauron, but he knows defensive backs. He left us with one of the best secondaries in the NFL. And in a pass first league, that's not a bad thing.

A secondary with 1 pro-bowl player. Two Top-15 picks and the Secondary be at least average.

So far, Peters has proven that the Bills were right in trading him away. His presence wouldn't have led to more wins last year and his performance is far below what he's being paid.

No one player was going to make a major difference in wins last year because the team was in general devoid of talent. Letting one of the better players on the team go is not a way to get better, it is a way to continue to not be good.

Last year, Peters was plagued with a bad ankle. He is one of the better OTs in the league. The current tackles on our roster are simply inadequate. The Bills got worse with JP's departure.

That's just not a smart comment. There is almost nothing similar in the two situations.

Peters was under (his second) contract for OVER TWO MORE YEARS REMAINING when he held out.

Spiller was not under contract at all. He was letting his agent work out his first contract.

As we later learned, the main sticking point wasn't the total $$ but how to establish Spiller's incentives, since he may be playing in circumstances that get him more receptions and return opportunities but not a really large number of carries and rushing yards.

Not in the event a rookie salary cap is implemented, which is likely at this point.

None of us know how a rookie salary cap is going to be structured in the next labor contract. My point was simply that as it stands a high drafted OT prospect will get upper tier money, the same or more than an established player. The Eagles have their anchor LT, the most critical position on the OL. The Bills are currently inadequately staffed at that position. Good teams find a way to get better; mediocre teams find a way to stay mediocre.

The Bills are where they are because of the way they conduct business. The Eagles are where they are because of the way they conduct business.

No one player was going to make a major difference in wins last year because the team was in general devoid of talent. Letting one of the better players on the team go is not a way to get better, it is a way to continue to not be good.

Last year, Peters was plagued with a bad ankle. He is one of the better OTs in the league. The current tackles on our roster are simply inadequate. The Bills got worse with JP's departure.

He wasn't worth it because of injuries and attitude. I still contend that the groin injury he suffered at the end of 2007 robbed him of some of the lateral agility that made him such a promising LT, and that nagging injuries the past few years might suggest he's injury-prone. And his attitude in 2008 was poor, as was his effort. If you're going to devote 8% of the cap to one player, he needs to be better than what Peters has shown.

None of us know how a rookie salary cap is going to be structured in the next labor contract. My point was simply that as it stands a high drafted OT prospect will get upper tier money, the same or more than an established player. The Eagles have their anchor LT, the most critical position on the OL. The Bills are currently inadequately staffed at that position. Good teams find a way to get better; mediocre teams find a way to stay mediocre.

The Bills are where they are because of the way they conduct business. The Eagles are where they are because of the way they conduct business.

People are still living on his performance a couple years ago. He is grossly overpaid based on his last 2 seasons where he has given up a lot of sacks. In fact he has only had ONE season worthy of the contract he got in his entire career so far. Not to mention his lazy ass kept coming in out of shape once he got paid on his first contract renegotiation and even made mention of that.

Truth is that if we had paid him what he demanded (which was more than he got from Philly as he clearly wanted out of buffalo IMO) then people on this board would still be bashing our team and FO for over paying him. Especially after that season he had last year.

Why hate him? Gee, I don't know, why should anyone hate on someone that isn't a man and doesn't want to honor the contract they've signed? I wished when I was in the Army that I could have stopped showing up to work and demanded to either be paid more or be traded to the Air Force.

You're right that we don't know how it will be implemented. But one could make an educated guess, and I'd be willing to bet a lot of money based on my educated guess that a rookie salary cap will be implemented. And that once it is, a rookie 1st round pick will not make anywhere near what a pro bowler makes at the same position.

It should be noted that, prior to the trade, the rumor mills were reporting the Bills had a similar offer on the table to Peters as the one he accepted with Filthadelphia

The trade resulted in the following 3 players:

For Peters, the Bills will receive a first-round pick (28th selection overall), a fourth-rounder in next weekend's draft and a sixth-round pick in 2010, according to a source.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4077093

Eric Wood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

Shawn Nelson

Danny Batten

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft

It should be noted that, prior to the trade, the rumor mills were reporting the Bills had a similar offer on the table to Peters as the one he accepted with Filthadelphia

The trade resulted in the following 3 players:

For Peters, the Bills will receive a first-round pick (28th selection overall), a fourth-rounder in next weekend's draft and a sixth-round pick in 2010, according to a source.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4077093

Eric Wood

Shawn Nelson

Danny Batten

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NFL_Draft

As it turned out, I think the Bills did quite well in that trade. Still they remain desperate at OT.

As it turned out, I think the Bills did quite well in that trade. Still they remain desperate at OT.

They need a decent OT, but they're not "desperate." They could have made a trade for a guy like Jammal Brown or Alex Barron.

They need a decent OT, but they're not "desperate." They could have made a trade for a guy like Jammal Brown or Alex Barron.

Until someone on the OL proves themselves, I'd say they are fairly desperate.

But to your point, they have not made desperate moves to fill the slot.

Just finished watching the Phillies ass whipping and caught some Eagles training camp coverage. I know they aren't Bills anymore, but just some notes:

Peters

- described his own play last year (Probowl) as a "6.5/7 out of 10"

- looked in great shape. took part in his first ever voluntary conditioning program this offseason. Loved this quote "coming in [to training camp] in shape really helps." <_<

April

- was running all around like a madman yelling and blowing his whistle :)

- was wearing a referees uniform. he said he does it to help keep the players attention while they practice plays. he said he's been doing this for 8-9 years. I have no memory of that. I do miss that guy. Truly the one bright coaching spot of the past decade.

Nothing groundbreaking...I was just watching and thought I'd pass it along. :w00t:

You're obviously still hurt that these guys are no longer with the Bills. But for your own health its time to let it go. I know people like to think the only way you can win a super bowl is with a pro bowl left tackle but thats just not the case. The only people who believe that are the idiots with no football knowledge who listen to blow hards on the radio who rant about it all day long...

You're obviously still hurt that these guys are no longer with the Bills. But for your own health its time to let it go. I know people like to think the only way you can win a super bowl is with a pro bowl left tackle but thats just not the case. The only people who believe that are the idiots with no football knowledge who listen to blow hards on the radio who rant about it all day long...

<_<

I am...I'm so torn up about it. It literally eats away at me everyday. I've deleted anyone named "Jason" or "Peter" from my phone and email. And April is now 30 days of hell.

Can you help me?

<_< Say what you want to about Jauron, but he knows defensive backs. He left us with one of the best secondaries in the NFL. And in a pass first league, that's not a bad thing.

And?

I hate to be the one to say this, but getting 4 really good players on the field while the other 18 stink is not much to trumpet.

Unless, ofcourse, you are using sarcasm here and I have greatly misunderstood and therefore commend you on your witty banter.

And?

I hate to be the one to say this, but getting 4 really good players on the field while the other 18 stink is not much to trumpet.

Unless, ofcourse, you are using sarcasm here and I have greatly misunderstood and therefore commend you on your witty banter.

I hate to say this but the other 18 didn't stink.

Unless, of course, you are using extreme hyperbole and I have greatly misunderstood...