Easley's condition might be season ending

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this group isn't bashing Chan for what seems to be a pretty lame comment:

When asked about Easley's condition Gailey said they are coming close to making a decision on the wide out's knee. When asked if it could be season ending, Chan didn't close the door: "It may be, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see."

I mean, how can they be close to making a decision on Easley and Chan not know if it COULD be season ending?

I can't believe this group isn't bashing Chan for what seems to be a pretty lame comment:

I mean, how can they be close to making a decision on Easley and Chan not know if it COULD be season ending?

That quote was from an after practice last week (I think). Sounds like Chan being Chan to me - he plays his injury cards pretty close to the chest...

Don't worry it gets better (from WRGZ's Twitter): "WR James Hardy leaves practice late with indisclosed injury - Gailey says not serious."

That quote was from an after practice last week (I think). Sounds like Chan being Chan to me - he plays his injury cards pretty close to the chest...

Don't worry it gets better (from WRGZ's Twitter): "WR James Hardy leaves practice late with indisclosed injury - Gailey says not serious."

Wait. If that was the situation from the day he left practice, there is no news here. (And my apologies to Chan for an 'illegal break of the balls'.) But it is positioned here as something that has recently happened (including the comment).

it looks like it was from today, from bb.com

The news was not good for Marcus Easley Tuesday. Though a final determination on his immediate future has not been decided, head coach Chan Gailey painted a grim picture for the rookie receiver’s availability.

“We’re in the process of making the final decision in the next day or so about what direction that thing is going to go,” said Gailey. ”But I would say longer rather than shorter.”

When asked if Easley’s injury could be season ending, Gailey gave the following response.

“It may be. I don’t know,” he said. ”We’ll have to wait and see. I need to get the final say so on that.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/10/e...lf-for-a-while/

it looks like it was from today, from bb.com

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/10/e...lf-for-a-while/

looks like Chan is thinking of red-shirting Easley to save his eligibility

why else even consider putting the kid out for the season before even 1 pre-season game is played.

sounds like what they did the prior 3 years with guys that would be out a few weeks

Amazing. Easley, Wang and Batten are all sidelined. Half of the draft class. Wtf?

As always, it'll be like we have "twice the draft!" next year, what with all the guys coming back off injury :thumbsup:

Um, did Chan just say that the starters might play a little longer than they normally would, Friday? Sweeeeeeet...

So, it doesn't look like taking the TVs out of the weight room, doing more squats, practicing more with pads, adding knee braces to the OL or hiring 2 strength and conditioning coaches is doing very much to reduce injuries. I'm not criticizing. At least the Bills are trying something but what is the answer here? It's very frustrating.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/10/...sleys-condition

I guess the Bills can't catch a break when it comes to injuries. If Easley goes on IR, then Hardy will likely stay on the team.

I would not bet on Hardy sticking. I think David Nelson, Higgins or Roosevelt still have a leg up.

PTR