Iupati and Davis

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Niners are doing it the right way (not saying I don't like what Buddy is doing), but they are building from the lines. Smart moves

The Bills started two rookies on their line last year...What is your point.

It should be stated that SF drafted Davis and Iupati to upgrade their OL at RT and OG. Buffalo drafted Wood and Levitre last year because they absolutely NEEDED new guards after cutting the overpaid Dockery and having nothing at RG. EW and AL should be fine players, but it's not the same scenario.

There's a difference in drafting to upgrade or drafting to fill huge needs. Buffalo either drafts for need or makes a luxury pick.

And it should be noted that Buffalo hasn't selected an OT in the first or second round since Mike Williams. And fans wonder why they have serious issues at OT. Guards from the first or second round should be good players.

Niners are doing it the right way (not saying I don't like what Buddy is doing), but they are building from the lines. Smart moves

I don't see how one draft of addressing the OLine is "doing it the right way". They've spent firsts on TE, WRs, QB, and LB the last 6 seasons.

I don't see how one draft of addressing the OLine is "doing it the right way". They've spent firsts on TE, WRs, QB, ans LB the last 6 seasons.

Tampa Bay "did it the right way" by drafting heavy on the OL and ignoring the "luxury skill positions" from 2006-2008. See how awesome and unstoppable their team is now?

And why is the drafting the OL all of a sudden going to improve the 49ers game in 2010? A 1st in 2007 (Staley), and a high 2nd in 2008 (Rachal) didn't improve the team at all.

To everyone else: If SF is good this season, it will be because Alex Smith decided to be good all of a sudden, NOT because they took Davis and Iupati.

has alex smith been "deciding" to be bad up until now? I think you have to put a full offensive line into the equation, and I suspect that if Davis and Upati work out along with Staley that will be a huge strengthening of an area of weakness. I think that the 9'ers have drafted and traded pretty wisely and we should see results. Interesting year for them.

It should be stated that SF drafted Davis and Iupati to upgrade their OL at RT and OG. Buffalo drafted Wood and Levitre last year because they absolutely NEEDED new guards after cutting the overpaid Dockery and having nothing at RG. EW and AL should be fine players, but it's not the same scenario.

There's a difference in drafting to upgrade or drafting to fill huge needs. Buffalo either drafts for need or makes a luxury pick.

And it should be noted that Buffalo hasn't selected an OT in the first or second round since Mike Williams. And fans wonder why they have serious issues at OT. Guards from the first or second round should be good players.

This post proves that you are posting for no other reason than to trash anything and everything the Bills do. You've contradicted yourself twice.

So if other teams spend high picks on the OL to improve it, they are to be commended for building a strong team the "right way," but if Buffalo spends 2 high picks on the OL, they are "panicking." Nice double standard.

Also, if we take a position of need, its bad drafting because we should be looking for good players, but if we take the BPA, its bad drafting because we ignore needs and take what you incorrectly deem a "luxury pick."

You are simply embarassing yourself with these posts and proving you are no better than a troll who is only here with the sole purpose of trashing any move the Bills make.

Tampa Bay "did it the right way" by drafting heavy on the OL and ignoring the "luxury skill positions" from 2006-2008. See how awesome and unstoppable their team is now?

And why is the drafting the OL all of a sudden going to improve the 49ers game in 2010? A 1st in 2007 (Staley), and a high 2nd in 2008 (Rachal) didn't improve the team at all.

To everyone else: If SF is good this season, it will be because Alex Smith decided to be good all of a sudden, NOT because they took Davis and Iupati.

Don't forget that in that division you probably don't have to do too much to have a good season.

Not exactly, they could get a couple more victories because their defense is more improved and because the Cardinals clearly got weaker.

Iupati would have been a huge help to our team. Davis I have no confidence in becoming a quality LT, but as a RT he could have helped our team too. Same with Bulaga.

The thing with it is that I think a team with Lynch/Jackson in the backfield and 1 or 2 of those guys on the OL creates a better running attack than Lynch/Spiller/Jackson and Hangatner/Bell on the OL.

has alex smith been "deciding" to be bad up until now? I think you have to put a full offensive line into the equation, and I suspect that if Davis and Upati work out along with Staley that will be a huge strengthening of an area of weakness. I think that the 9'ers have drafted and traded pretty wisely and we should see results. Interesting year for them.

No, smith has been bad, except for a brief stretch last season. If he continues to play poorly, drafting iupati and davis will have little impact on the 49ers success. If his play improves and he becomes a good QB, the 49ers will improve.

Really? Just decide to be good and that takes care of it. Someone should have told that to Edwards, or Losman, or Bledsoe. :thumbsup:

Trying to get this straight. SF drafted to upgrade but we drafted on need and the inference is that this nuance in how we drafted somehow means SF is smart and Buffalo is lame? Even for a troll this is just fricken' stupid post.

Really? Just decide to be good and that takes care of it. Someone should have told that to Edwards, or Losman, or Bledsoe. :flirt:

Yeah, because i obviously meant that statement in the exact literal sense. :thumbsup: Way to miss the forest for the trees.

Yeah, because i obviously meant that statement in the exact literal sense. :thumbsup: Way to miss the forest for the trees.

Then make a point. The thread is about drafting two rookies high in the draft and then starting them. You brought in the QB analogy.

If Smith has a better season then possibly improved OL play has something to do with it? Maybe he has more weapons at the skill positions? Or maybe experience has something to do with it? Maybe even a combination of all three?

Anything but "he just decided to get better".