Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have found memories of Hogboy's spear chucking challenge :worthy:

+10 points to anyone who even remembers what "Hyperbills" was!

Not only do I remember, but my bookmark to D&C sports page is still called: "HyperBills home page". I think I still have the logo or graphic that was on there (grey box with bills logo), tucked away on my computer somewhere. just checked - it's in a friggin folder titled 1995 along with a few other old bills logos.

I'm sorry, cause I know this will pry come off wrong, but TC and LC were people....that's all. Fine, they had some insight into the Bills organization that was good to discuss, but again...they were just regular people. I find it strange to see these threads almost begging for them to come back that almost elevates them to a level above everyone else.

The reality of it is, this is a forum. And like any forum, there are going to be good, respectful people who offer great insight and respectfully challenging conversations. And then there are the ignorant trolls and others who use the disguise of the web to talk like a bad ass.

This is common knowledge of any forum. So if they, or anyone leaves because of the latter, then they never should have been on here in the first place. It's just reality that you are going to meet good and bad people.

I have nothing personal against either of these people and I would say this about anyone on any forum out there. This forum is not a job, except for the mods and they know what they got themselves into. This is a open environment for people, with different views and personalities, to express their opinions. Knowing that there will be "skoobys" out there is the price of admission.

With that, yes it would be great to see their opinions again, but not in a way where it should make anyone feel like they have to walk on eggshells.

You have completely missed the point. Again, it's about civility. Having opposing views these days seems to allow for personal attacks, etc., rather than simply stating one's opposing view without rancor or being of an abusive nature.

Lori provided much to many around here. Many that appreciated her efforts, and looked forward to her posts and repartee.

Lori will be missed by many here, if not most. Tim Graham was abused by the very same spineless coward referred to above.

Using the internet do launch these attacks and abuses is simply spineless and cowardly. I guess these days being a spineless coward with a keyboard is acceptable. Sad days, sad days indeed.

Who are you anyway? Who died and made you Two Bills Drive creator? Most people don't worship TG like you do...you might just have to deal with it. LOL How dare anyone have anything bad to say?! LMAO

This says far more about you than what happened to TG and Lori. Congrats.

Having opposing views these days seems to allow for personal attacks, etc., rather than simply stating one's opposing view without rancor or being of an abusive nature.

Exactly. That's what I"m sick of, too.

Tim Graham is a sports journalist from ESPN who was gracious enough to come on board and answer question for folks here on TSW, that is until a select few individuals I suppose thought it was cool to disrespect someone of his stature. Why not, all he has is an Alias to go by, nothing can come back on them. Tim Grahahm on the other hand doesn't have that luxury and in a business where reputation means everything there's only so much BS a person can take.

So Tim Graham decided to leave TSW, and all the folks here that enjoyed communicating with Tim suffered the consequences of a select few individuals actions. Myself personally, I didn't always agree with Mr.Grahahm, but I thoroughly enjoyed debating with someone or reading the comments from someone that clearly knows the game of Football much better then I do. Tim tried to take the time to answer everyone's question regardless of how insignificant they may seem and he gave us an insight from the eyes and mind of one of the best sports Journalist in the Country.

Tim, if you happen to read this post/thread, although I can't guarantee there won't be a few rotten apples you may find here from time to time, the majority of us here on TSW have a genuine appreciation for your contributions and would love to have you back again.

Weird, most reporters deal with this type of stuff. It's part of the package now that you respond to readers. The NYT has a great article about reporters having to engage with their readers and not being able to only use the 'podium' anymore. Shame he was upset.

Exactly. That's what I"m sick of, too.
Me too. I blame AKC, the downward spiral all started with him. :worthy:

After his public meltdown, it became acceptable to run off posters with differing opinions from the more vocal Pollyanna-types.

After his public meltdown, it became acceptable to run off posters with differing opinions from the more vocal Pollyanna-types.

AKC was one of the best posters in the history of this board. I'm not sure where you are going with this. :D

(close ur ears, Bill lol)

I didn't really care for the guy either. He was one of those, "I"m never wrong" types....at least that's how he came off to me.

(ok Bill, all clear!)

I'm sorry, cause I know this will pry come off wrong, but TC and LC were people....that's all. Fine, they had some insight into the Bills organization that was good to discuss, but again...they were just regular people. I find it strange to see these threads almost begging for them to come back that almost elevates them to a level above everyone else.

The reality of it is, this is a forum. And like any forum, there are going to be good, respectful people who offer great insight and respectfully challenging conversations. And then there are the ignorant trolls and others who use the disguise of the web to talk like a bad ass.

This is common knowledge of any forum. So if they, or anyone leaves because of the latter, then they never should have been on here in the first place. It's just reality that you are going to meet good and bad people.

I have nothing personal against either of these people and I would say this about anyone on any forum out there. This forum is not a job, except for the mods and they know what they got themselves into. This is a open environment for people, with different views and personalities, to express their opinions. Knowing that there will be "skoobys" out there is the price of admission.

With that, yes it would be great to see their opinions again, but not in a way where it should make anyone feel like they have to walk on eggshells.

its not almost, IT IS.

AKC was one of the best posters in the history of this board. I'm not sure where you are going with this. :worthy:
He was a complete POS, a real-life douchebag loser, who took it upon himself to run off fellow Bills fans from this board because he didn't like their opinions.... and when it became acceptable to run fellow Bills fans off the board, that's where the downward spiral started.

He was a complete POS, a real-life douchebag loser, who took it upon himself to run off fellow Bills fans from this board because he didn't like their opinions.... and when it became acceptable to run fellow Bills fans off the board, that's where the downward spiral started.

I respectfully, completely disagree.

(close ur ears, Bill lol)

I didn't really care for the guy either. He was one of those, "I"m never wrong" types....at least that's how he came off to me.

(ok Bill, all clear!)

So you're saying it's my fault, too? :worthy:

Having met him a few years ago, he was a great guy to my son and I...but some things he did on the board were pretty over the edge. I'm sure there was more to it than what we saw here.
Thanks in part. :worthy:

Now I liked Spiked and I'm glad ICE is back... not a real big fan of BF, NJ Sue (they were OK), and others... but I think none of them should ever have had to leave, even T-Bone!

Thanks in part. :worthy:

Now I liked Spiked and I'm glad ICE is back... not a real big fan of BF, NJ Sue (they were OK), and others... but I think they never should have had to leave, even T-Bone!

yeah...that whole thing kinda closed another chapter of As the Stadium Wall Turns...high drama back then...some really funny **** though with BF and Sue around.