Hitting in practice...

Hey guess what boys and girls? HITTING is apart of football and so are INJURIES. It's up to the TEAM to be prepared for it. GOOD TEAMS HAVE GOOD BACK-UPs so they don't miss a step. Unfortunately the for the Bills, they are neither a good team or have adequate depth at positions.

It's the opposite of what DJ did so it must be better. Until this goes horribly wrong and then we bring in the next guy to coddle the players again.

TBH I like Chan's approach better so far and I'm pretty sure it's not just cause it's different.

One LT(Wang) and one LB(Batten) gone already. Wang will now miss considerabe reps virtually assuring he will not be the back-up LT. Batten may be gone longer and if he ends up on IR the team may lose a potential special teams player.

All those practices in pads were supposed to make the team tougher and less injury prone I thought???????

80 players and two get hurt (not including people coming back from injuries and not practicing) and you are worried? Those are great odds. They are not even considered season ending injuries. So calm down. Every team is having players get hurt and miss time. It's a physical game and these guys haven't played contact football for six months. Notice how early in camp the injuries occurred? Their bodies will get used to the contact and when the season starts they will be better prepared for the nature of the game. Consistent contact now is a VERY GOOD THING.

80 players and two get hurt (not including people coming back from injuries and not practicing) and you are worried? Those are great odds. They are not even considered season ending injuries. So calm down. Every team is having players get hurt and miss time. It's a physical game and these guys haven't played contact football for six months. Notice how early in camp the injuries occurred? Their bodies will get used to the contact and when the season starts they will be better prepared for the nature of the game. Consistent contact now is a VERY GOOD THING.

I guess you've missed the last 4 years of football in Buffalo? I'd say, it's been at least that long since they've played contact football. :thumbsup:

Google last year's training camp reports. You'll see that players got injured in shorts too. Pulled hammy's, knee twists, etc. Until you can inject adamantium into players skeletons, ala Wolverine of X-men, football players will get hurt.

PTR

One LT(Wang) and one LB(Batten) gone already. Wang will now miss considerabe reps virtually assuring he will not be the back-up LT. Batten may be gone longer and if he ends up on IR the team may lose a potential special teams player.

All those practices in pads were supposed to make the team tougher and less injury prone I thought???????

Are you actually insinuating that you like the way camp was run under Jauron? :thumbsup: Injuries happen man, but in the long run these guys ARE going to be tougher. and PREPARED when it comes down to playing the games for real.

It's hard to practice in pads in the NFL.

lol

Two rookies, neither of whom were expected to contribute significantly early on. Yes, I realize many already have Batten in the Pro Bowl, but the bottom line is that this doesn't impact things all that much right now.

I'm still glad the team is practicing with equipment on, rather than running around in shorts talking about how hard it is to win in the NFL.

Those who survive will be tougher for the hitting in practice.

Google last year's training camp reports. You'll see that players got injured in shorts too. Pulled hammy's, knee twists, etc. Until you can inject adamantium into players skeletons, ala Wolverine of X-men, football players will get hurt.

PTR

Word on the street is that the Patsies already have this technology and have managed to create the first superhuman! They call him... Wes Welker :blink:

Injuries are caused by playing football. It happens. Also, bear in mind that missing time in training camp isn't the same as missing it during the season. Everybody's extra cautious, and players will take a few days off in situations that wouldn't cause you to miss more than a quarter of live ball.

Wang got injured in shorts too.....and Batten......so what? What does anyone know about him? Not like we are missing a starter now. People get injured in practice.....that's two rookies. Our other players are coming back from injuries they had last year. I don't see the need for worry.

The strong or extremely fortunate will survive.

These players will be tougher because of these practices. Wasn't like taking it easy on them in Dick's Day Spa kept them from landing on IR.

Thank you. Maybe one or both of these two players will surprise and become valuable Bills in the future, but until they prove otherwise, they are scrubs, no great loss at all.

So under DJ, there is little to no hitting in training camp. The bills end up with the most players on IR(2 years i believe 2007, 2009). Now with Chan, theres a good amount of hitting, and 2 players get hurt. Seems to me that injuries are just part of the game :unsure::blink:

:lol: