Schefter Tweet- Bills moving forward w/o Schobel

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to put it up here before the 200 other threads about this go.

I will say this, about time. I'm sure Nix decided they had enough of this. And I don't blame them. Schobel was putting them in a terrible spot and it was incredibly unprofessional.

I'm not quite sure how this board can be on Spiller's case (and Maybin's last year), but give Schobel a pass. Everyone was ready to welcome him back with open arms it seemed. Yea, I know he was upfront about his uncertainty. What he wasn't upfront about was that he was going to drag it on to the extent he did. Not fair to the coaches, nor to the players who are out there working hard everyday. And I imagine Gailey finally said, "look, I'm not going to look one of our young linebackers in the eye and say you are cut b/c Schobel decided to come back from his 8 month hiatus". Wouldn't be the right message to send to the team and I'm glad they made this decision.

So he's definitely not coming back? Did Nix talk him out of unretiring?

Further tweets by Schefter:

# Adam_Schefter

Maybe LB Aaron Schobel retires, maybe he is traded. But every indication is that he and Buffalo are now done with each other. 4 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

This is actually the earlier thread, as best as I can tell.

It is. I put up this thread and made sure it was the first one. Of course, I should have known, at TBD there can never be enough threads talking about the same thing.

Schobel's recent rumblings about coming back, reaked of a money grab to the tune of 7-8 mil. Skip all the OTA's, skip training camp and then show up to try and play a new position for the first time in his pro career....yeah that was going to work out real well for the Bills.

I am so glad Nix had the balls to tell him to F*** off!

Great news for Ralph. This will save him 6 or 8 million. Who needs a trade?

I'm anticipating the Bills to save much more than that by the start of the regular season. I'm willing to bet that Kelsay, Mitchell, Schobel, McCargo and possibly Whitner will all be released.

Won't happen...for some reason the Bills are content with their O-Line. My best bet is that Schobel retires.

I don't get the impression the Bills are "content" with their O-line. But they have made it clear they won't make moves simply to make them.

From JoeB_WGR (Twitter): "Buddy Nix on the cell phone walking around practice. Looks animated." I guess he's highly PO'd at Schobel right now, which is probably why Nix made the announcement.

As well he should be. The Bills FO has been man handled and strong-armed by their so called "star" players, lately. Someone needs to buck this trend and play hard ball for once. We cannot allow the inmates to run the asylum.