Hangartner fight with Maybin

Actually it sounds like NOT everyone on the team has gotten over it. Not saying that is right or wrong, but based upon a verified quote from Wood and an alleged quote from Schobel, there seems to be some animosity toward Maybin from other players on the roster.

Arrogant players who don't produce on the field have a tendency to rub people the wrong way.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it sounds like NOT everyone on the team has gotten over it. Not saying that is right or wrong, but based upon a verified quote from Wood and an alleged quote from Schobel, there seems to be some animosity toward Maybin from other players on the roster.

except its not a "quote" at all. it was a rip between the two of them as they were jawwing. nothing more.

Wood didnt come out in the media and say anything about it, nor will he ever, because he doesnt care that much.

again, reading waaaaay too much into some trash talk that went down between team mates in the heat of a fight.

anyone who has played football, or any other contact sport, is familiar with this.

just stop already.

I played defensive end on a team in the air force and I had a gaurd who had played D1football fighting with me all the time during practice for roughing our running back. We had a fist fight nearly every practice, but he was one of my best friends off the field. Football is kind of like that.

thank you!!!

Dank, please quit saying the same thing. We all know fights happen.

Several sources of mine with the bills have said everything bad you can say about Maybin. And my sources are better than Skooby's.

except its not a "quote" at all. it was a rip between the two of them as they were jawwing. nothing more.

Wood didnt come out in the media and say anything about it, nor will he ever, because he doesnt care that much.

again, reading waaaaay too much into some trash talk that went down between team mates in the heat of a fight.

anyone who has played football, or any other contact sport, is familiar with this.

just stop already.

C'mon Doc...let the kids play! This is fun to watch! :censored:

Thumbs up to Hangartner for Protecting Fred. I ( as an ex-OT in college myself ) would have done the same damn thing.

Thumbs down to Maybin hitting a teammate in the back after the play.

Fights in training camp with Olineman involved always makes me smile. :)

No biggie lets move on....

This isn't about leadership or classiness. Its two kids in their early twenties playing a violent game. The rules of protocol and the tolerance of violent behavior is totally different than in normal interactions. In business, governance, relationships what Wood said is wrong. It was a personal attack. But even great leaders in these arenas have angry moments in public where they say things they regret or that are inappropriate.

The truth is Maybin has not met expectation and has not earned his pay --but if you have a real issue with that you "man up" and say it to him face to face in private and if you are team guy you keep knocking the hell out of him on the field until he begins to improve or quits. I think Eric Wood will do this part as well. For now -- this debate is making Mount Everest out of a Maple Road overpass......

This is football -- we may finally have a coach that wants to prepare a team to play football..we should be celebrating.

Dank, please quit saying the same thing. We all know fights happen.

Several sources of mine with the bills have said everything bad you can say about Maybin. And my sources are better than Skooby's.

ill stop saying the same thing when you do.

i really dont care about your sources, or your/their opinion about maybin.

it doesnt matter, you're using those opinions to try to make a fact out of an off the cuff statement.

Considering where part of that money (us) that Maybin is making is coming from, Wood has every right to say what he did.

It may not play well on the D side of the locker room, but I'm sure its playing just fine on the O side of the locker room.

When I saw them in pads yesterday, and reading about a fight today, I'm feeling a whole lot better about things this year.

just stop already.

He was heard saying it and was quoted. He doesn't have to approve of the quote to be quoted. He said it and multiple sources verified it.

You can think whatever you want.

My problem is, you are telling everyone else they don't know what they are talking about, but the fact remains...what you are saying is based 100% on opinions and assumptions of your own. What everyone else (other than TG) is saying, is based upon logic and facts.

Facts: Maybin has played one year in the league

blah, blah

You can say I'm an idiot all you want. Doesn't make you look like you know what you are talking about.

We have established that we disagree. Why make it personal?

He was heard saying it and was quoted. He doesn't have to approve of the quote to be quoted. He said it and multiple sources verified it.

right, except he was saying it only to Maybin, is my point. it wasnt "on the record". it's completely out of context as we do not know their real relationship, and anyone with any sort of playing experience knows that things get said in the heat of the battle that dont have meaning behind them.

now, I'm not saying what Wood said was technically incorrect. we all can agree that Maybin hasnt earned any money yet. but that doesnt mean that Wood or anyone else is "mad" about it.

i say **** all the time to/about my coworker friends that is not meant for customers' ears. it doesnt mean i really think my buddy is a chicken-!@#$er.

ill stop saying the same thing when you do.

it doesnt matter, you're using those opinions to try to make a fact out of an off the cuff statement.

I understand what you have been saying many times. Thank you for your opinion.

right, except he was saying it only to Maybin, is my point. it wasnt "on the record". it's completely out of context as we do not know their real relationship, and anyone with any sort of playing experience knows that things get said in the heat of the battle that dont have meaning behind them.

now, I'm not saying what Wood said was technically incorrect. we all can agree that Maybin hasnt earned any money yet. but that doesnt mean that Wood or anyone else is "mad" about it.

i say **** all the time to/about my coworker friends that is not meant for customers' ears. it doesnt mean i really think my buddy is a chicken-!@#$er.

Who the fck cares if it was on the record or not? It was said - that is the point.

I also find it rather hypocritical that while you chastise people for reading too much into words that actually came out of peoples mouths, you feel perfectly fine reading Wood's mind:

because he doesnt care that much.

:)

relax on the hating. this happens all the time in camp for every team, from all types of players, and it's good to see. emotions running high in the first week. guys wanting to prove themselves. IMO, it would be more troubling if there were NO fights at camp.

I'm not a big fan of fights in camp because guys can get injured stupidly, but I have to admit I love the competitive fire and sticking up for teammates.

Relax everyone. It's probably the only time we'll hear Maybins name all year.

:lol:

Tim Graham's view of the incident

Great quote from Wood towards Maybin (halfway down in the article):"Give back some of that money you ain't [expletive] earned!" Wood screamed at the defensive huddle.

Adding to the greatness of Eric Wood, IMO.

Classless thing to say in public, but somebody had to say it. JMO

Correct. Except there is NO indication this was AFTER the play.

This is actually one of the few positive things I've heard about Maybin in a while. He got a little over aggressive and then held his ground against a vet. No account suggest it was a hard hit or was likely to lead to an injury. Good for him (and good for Hangartner, too).

:)

On the bright side, Maybin actually made a tackle, so that's some fine progress! :thumbsup:

:lol:

It's good to see Hangman/Wood sticking-up for Jackson, and it's also good to see Stroud sticking-up for Maybin. If Stroud thought Maybin was a jerk, he'd probably have said nothing. And I hope that in a real game, Hangman and Wood take it to an opposing player that they think is taking liberties with one of their own.

:thumbsup:

FUnny, but completely unprofessional and im sure the vets will talk to him about this. You dont talk the business side with another player especially as an insult. plenty of other ways to do it.

Agreed, but as I said above. Somebody had to say it. JMO

You can think whatever you want.

My problem is, you are telling everyone else they don't know what they are talking about, but the fact remains...what you are saying is based 100% on opinions and assumptions of your own. What everyone else (other than TG) is saying, is based upon logic and facts.

Facts: Maybin has played one year in the league

Your Opinion: he is a bust

Facts: Maybin well spoken and has never been in an altercation before OR been accused of cheap shots

Your opinion: he is a scumbag

Facts: Maybin held out of training camp last year

Your opinion: he is cocky.

Facts: Football players fight all the time, especially over hits in practice

Your opinion: Maybin is a POS

You can say I'm an idiot all you want. Doesn't make you look like you know what you are talking about.

:thumbsup:

I want to see big things on the field this year from Maybin. I don't think he's a bust, it's only been one year, but he definitely needs to raise his game a lot this year.