Jets interested in signing T.O.

I will not. And I'll thank you for refraining from ever telling me what to do again. :ph34r:

So what exactly would you call this season? Re-build does not ALWAYS equate to horrible but if there was ever a season to label as a re-build, I would think this would be it.

New GM

New Coach

New Defense

Don't know who QB is

Lots of young guys getting their shot

Need I go on?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broncos are reportedly interested as well. So much for "he's done and nobody wants him." :ph34r:

Talking heads rarely know anything about which they speak. Did any reasonable person expect TO to remain unsigned? Eventually his salary demands will go down and teams needs will look more glaring as camps progress.

Seriously, if the Jets did this, I'd write them off as a serious contender. It smacks of 'so many awesome players; no way we can lose!' where it turns into so many awesome players who don't mesh well and tend to resent anyone else in the spotlight.

The Broncos are reportedly interested as well. So much for "he's done and nobody wants him." :ph34r:

Since most us seem to understand that he can still play at a very high level, especially on a team with a QB and an O-Line, it should come as no surprise that the player personnel folks around the league know it too. I like TO in Cinci with Carson, Ocho and Bryant. That is a high octane receiving corps.

Talking heads rarely know anything about which they speak. Did any reasonable person expect TO to remain unsigned? Eventually his salary demands will go down and teams needs will look more glaring as camps progress.

No. :ph34r:

Seriously, if the Jets did this, I'd write them off as a serious contender. It smacks of 'so many awesome players; no way we can lose!' where it turns into so many awesome players who don't mesh well and tend to resent anyone else in the spotlight.

I've been saying the Jets are overrated well before this latest attempt to load up the team with more star/former star players.

So what exactly would you call this season? Re-build does not ALWAYS equate to horrible but if there was ever a season to label as a re-build, I would think this would be it.

New GM

New Coach

New Defense

Don't know who QB is

Lots of young guys getting their shot

Need I go on?

Hmmmm. "2006"?

As much as I'd hate to admit it, T.O. and Edwards as 1 and 2, with Holmes in the slot....man that's a sick trio....

Jets fans would probably get sick watching them drop passes every game.

Jets fans would probably get sick watching them drop passes every game.

I get a kick out of some Bills fans thinking T.O sucks, but in the same breath will say how Lee Evans is a #1 WR.

Well, keep those red and blue beer goggles all shined up because you just might see what a real #1 WR can do with a decent offense behind him ... even one who has aged past his prime like T.O. ... if he signs with the Jets.

I get a kick out of some Bills fans thinking T.O sucks, but in the same breath will say how Lee Evans is a #1 WR.

Well, keep those red and blue beer goggles all shined up because you just might see what a real #1 WR can do with a decent offense behind him ... even one who has aged past his prime like T.O..

He will not be a #1 receiver in the NFL.

Whats in a number? Fact is TO in the right circumstances is still good for 1000+ yards and 8-10 TDs.

Which are:

1) QB always hits him in the hands

2) No one covers him

3) Never has to fight for a ball

4) He feels like it.

PTR

From time to time here we've discussed the Jests and have commented with grudging admiration on the aggressiveness with which they've pursued free agents and trades for big-name players.

We've also complimented them on the the way they've built a strong offensive line and defense as a means to becoming competitive.

However, things are not going as well as the Jests would like. Cracks are appearing in their foundation and the window is closing quickly on their championship aspirations.

The Jests are facing numerous problems. Most people here already know that they have core players looking to renegotiate their contracts in Darelle Revis, Nick Mangold, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and David Harris.

That's one shutdown corner (one of the two best in the NFL, Asomugha), a Pro Bowl center, a franchise left tackle, and an outstanding linebacker. That's a lot of money.

It's likely that none of these players will get what they want this year (CBA concerns, years left on their contracts) and there are indications that all four are prepared to withhold their services, to holdout.

To make matters worse, the team has a recent history of messy player negotiations with former Pro Bowl guard Pete Kendall and guard Brandon Moore accusing the team of breaking promises to extend their contracts. Former players Leon Washington, Chris Baker and Laveranues Coles have made the same accusations.

They've also recently jettisoned big-time contributors to their recent success in Alan Faneca, Leon Washington, and Thomas Jones.

Even further muddying the situation is that the team has brought in lots of big-name players via trades and free agency: Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Cromartie, Jason Taylor, LaDanian Tomlinson, Brodney Pool, and Nick Folk.

This has led to accusations within the team that the Jets are spending money on outsiders, but not the guys they've drafted and developed (Revis, Mangold, Ferguson, Harris).

The final problem is that several of the Jests recent acquisitions are playing on expiring contracts: Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, and Antonio Cromartie are all set to become free agents after this year.

Some in the New York media have accused the Jets of trying to build a fantasy football roster. The Jests seem to be using the Washington Redskins model to some degree, albeit with a bit more success.

In some regards, the Jests franchise looks like a house of cards and it could come crashing down quickly. There simply isn't enough money to keep all their players happy. A storm is brewing.

Let's hope the Bills are doing their rebuild with brick and mortar, and in a sustainable way more along the lines of the Pittsburgh Steelers or Baltimore Ravens.

Fast forward to the present where Nick Folk, the free agent kicker, has been missing field goal attempts all spring, the Jests are flirting with Terrell Owens, and Hard Knocks will be covering the Jests' camp this year for HBO.

It should be a magnificent bonfire.

Well, keep those red and blue beer goggles all shined up because you just might see what a real #1 WR can do with a decent offense behind him ... even one who has aged past his prime like T.O. ... if he signs with the Jets.

Doubt TO will put up anything impressive with Sanchez throwing the ball. They have a good o-line and that will help the run and open up the pass, but Sanchez has done nothing to prove he will be great. So to say with the JETS we will see what TO will do is DUMB. Now if he goes to Cinci we may see what TO still has in the tank.

Doubt TO will put up anything impressive with Sanchez throwing the ball. They have a good o-line and that will help the run and open up the pass, but Sanchez has done nothing to prove he will be great. So to say with the JETS we will see what TO will do is DUMB. Now if he goes to Cinci we may see what TO still has in the tank.

Cincy's offense was little better than th Bills last year. If he becomes the Bengals next 1000 yard receiver, he will replace Chad Johnson as that.

The Jets signing Owens would absolutely be a dream come true. Put him on a defensive-minded, run-first team! Especially the one team in the division with a worse QB situation than us- they got to the AFC Championship despite Sanchez- and I see very little upside in him- he is just an arm, but does not have the mental capacity to make reads in an adequate amount of time in the NFL. I put him behind Edwards and Fitzpatrick.

I think he would wreck them really quick. I hope it happens