Jets interested in signing T.O.

I see someone has his red and blue goggles polished up just fine :ph34r:

You tell me where I'm wrong? I watched every game and I think I describe T.O. to a tee. If Owens was not giving 100% when he was in Buffalo, for whatever reason, then what do we miss by not re-signing him.

PTR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell me where I'm wrong? I watched every game and I think I describe T.O. to a tee. If Owens was not giving 100% when he was in Buffalo, for whatever reason, then what do we miss by not re-signing him.

PTR

Never said we should re-sign him. I didn't think we should have signed him in the first place, it was just a publicity stunt to sell tickets (and a successful one at that). But not because TO sucks, there is just no way in hell we were going to be able to use him with our ****ty offense. This is true for this season just as much as last. But there is no reason at all that another team, Cincinnati comes to mind immediately, couldn't get good production out of him.

Whats in a number? Fact is TO in the right circumstances is still good for 1000+ yards and 8-10 TDs.

I'm willing to take that bet. He will not reach those numbers this season. No team is bringing him in to be the top guy or even a 'major' secondary contributor. He can still play and do so very well, but there isn't any team in the league with the 'right circumstances' for him to get those numbers.

I'm willing to take that bet. He will not reach those numbers this season. No team is bringing him in to be the top guy or even a 'major' secondary contributor. He can still play and do so very well, but there isn't any team in the league with the 'right circumstances' for him to get those numbers.

62.5 yards per game average and a TD every other game (for 8).

Maybe not with the Jets as I expect them to run a LOT this season and they have other receivers. Cinci should be a possibility for the yardage I would think. As to the TDs, that one is tough even at Cinci.

Doubt TO will put up anything impressive with Sanchez throwing the ball. They have a good o-line and that will help the run and open up the pass, but Sanchez has done nothing to prove he will be great. So to say with the JETS we will see what TO will do is DUMB. Now if he goes to Cinci we may see what TO still has in the tank.

The Jets were the only team to pass the ball less than the Bills did. And the Bengals weren't much better, as they transitioned to a run-first team. But Palmer is a MUCH better QB than Sanchez has proven to be.

So what does it say about Lee Evans and his much lower production, not to mention as the #1 guy? Lack of effort? Lack of talent? Bad offense?

I get a kick out of some Bills fans thinking T.O sucks, but in the same breath will say how Lee Evans is a #1 WR.

Well, keep those red and blue beer goggles all shined up because you just might see what a real #1 WR can do with a decent offense behind him ... even one who has aged past his prime like T.O. ... if he signs with the Jets.

Awww aren't you cute trying to be a smart ass. I guess you didn't watch the games last season? T.O. only tried if the ball was thrown to him.. If it was a yard away.. f*ck it.. Braylon Edwards was also a complete loser.. I was laughing my ass off when the Jets played the Bills and Edwards dropped a sure TD pass.. Guess you missed that too? He blamed the lights.. LOL

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2009/12/v...ass-jets-bills/

Awww aren't you cute trying to be a smart ass. I guess you didn't watch the games last season? T.O. only tried if the ball was thrown to him.. If it was a yard away.. f*ck it.. Braylon Edwards was also a complete loser.. I was laughing my ass off when the Jets played the Bills and Edwards dropped a sure TD pass.. Guess you missed that too? He blamed the lights.. LOL

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2009/12/v...ass-jets-bills/

I guess we will have no problems beating the Jets this season then. Particularly if TO ends up there. Great news. :ph34r:

Never said we should re-sign him. I didn't think we should have signed him in the first place, it was just a publicity stunt to sell tickets (and a successful one at that). But not because TO sucks, there is just no way in hell we were going to be able to use him with our ****ty offense. This is true for this season just as much as last. But there is no reason at all that another team, Cincinnati comes to mind immediately, couldn't get good production out of him.

So if I understand you correctly it's the Bills fault Owens didn't try very hard in 2009?

PTR

So what does it say about Lee Evans and his much lower production, not to mention as the #1 guy? Lack of effort? Lack of talent? Bad offense?

We didn't throw to Evans as much as T.O. and Fred Jackson. Are there stats for throws/completions for individual receivers? I'm betting Evans was much better.

PTR

The Jets were the only team to pass the ball less than the Bills did. And the Bengals weren't much better, as they transitioned to a run-first team. But Palmer is a MUCH better QB than Sanchez has proven to be.

Eh. St. Palmer has been in steady decline - injuries have taken their toll, and without leaping receivers running razor-precise route, he's pretty pedestrian.

He's quite the "timing" qb - has always encouraged wrs to come to Cali in the off-season to work out with him. If they miss camp for whatever reason, he's in trouble. The coaches finally made him scramble and take off and run from time to time last season. The defenders were shocked, so it was largely successful.

They ran the ball because Palmer couldn't get it done. But they are stuck with his fat, iron-clad contract for the next several years. He's entering his 8th season - only 2 playoff appearances - the one with that PGH player cutting his knee out on the 1st play, and a bozo performance against NYJ last season.

I've watched him his entire pro career. When he calls an audible, it's a deep hand-off run left. Almost without exception. In the waning moments, look for the long right overthrown sideline pass and make the easy interception. I've seen it year after year.

He's had the same (idiot) OC his entire pro career. My wife thinks I have some special powers, as most times I look at Palmer and the CIN offense lining up, and correctly predict the play call.

We didn't throw to Evans as much as T.O. and Fred Jackson. Are there stats for throws/completions for individual receivers? I'm betting Evans was much better.

Evans was the #1 WR. But he was thrown at 83 times (caught 44, 53%) compared to 105 (caught 55, 52.4%) for TO, or 1.375 fewer times per game. Evans had 3 drops, TO had 10.

Evans was the #1 WR. But he was thrown at 83 times (caught 44, 53%) compared to 105 (caught 55, 52.4%) for TO, or 1.375 fewer times per game. Evans had 3 drops, TO had 10.

Except for the drops, it was pretty even stat-wise. But anyone who watched saw T.O. quit on many plays or not fight the DB for a reception.

PTR

Eh. St. Palmer has been in steady decline - injuries have taken their toll, and without leaping receivers running razor-precise route, he's pretty pedestrian.

He's quite the "timing" qb - has always encouraged wrs to come to Cali in the off-season to work out with him. If they miss camp for whatever reason, he's in trouble. The coaches finally made him scramble and take off and run from time to time last season. The defenders were shocked, so it was largely successful.

They ran the ball because Palmer couldn't get it done. But they are stuck with his fat, iron-clad contract for the next several years. He's entering his 8th season - only 2 playoff appearances - the one with that PGH player cutting his knee out on the 1st play, and a bozo performance against NYJ last season.

I've watched him his entire pro career. When he calls an audible, it's a deep hand-off run left. Almost without exception. In the waning moments, look for the long right overthrown sideline pass and make the easy interception. I've seen it year after year.

He's had the same (idiot) OC his entire pro career. My wife thinks I have some special powers, as most times I look at Palmer and the CIN offense lining up, and correctly predict the play call.

He may be on the downside, but he's still a far better passer than Sanchez.

So if I understand you correctly it's the Bills fault Owens didn't try very hard in 2009?

PTR

The last half of the season TO clearly had given up on the Bills. The offense could not get the ball to him (or anyone more than 5 yards downfield) and on the rare occasions they did, he dropped it half the time. But TO being TO, everyone knew that the ineptitude of the offense, particularly passing, was going to get on his nerves. You knew it, I knew it, and I imagine even Brandon knew it. No one in their right mind thought the Bills could utilize any #1 receiver last year, and TO was brought in to sell tickets. That ploy would not work again this season, the pass offense has not changed one bit (except to get worse by losing Reed) so there was no reason to pay TO any money.

Bottom line, the Bills knew what was going to happen with TO. TO also knew. The Bills got what they wanted (record season ticket sales). TO got paid, even though being on the Bills wasted a year of his career. And as usual, the fans got screwed. Plenty of fault to go around.

Who will throw to TO on the Jets? This guy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPwFOqKowtQ

Funny Jet fan comments below the video -

1 - wow. he certainly has progressed since then.

2 - after watching this, sanchez made a couple rookie mistakes, but he absolutely received no help from his offensive teamates or brian schottenheimer. horrible play calling, it was basically MS vs the Bills.