Erick John Szczap Erick John Szczap, Erick John Erick Szczap

Any of the players whom the Bills signed as Free Agents and all they did was collect their pay checks....

Derrick Dockery, Walker...

and some coaches....Dick Jauron...for all the horrible Personnel Moves...

Oh yeah, add Dockery and his 5 gallon bucket dome piece to my list.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you're to believe 'hush, hush' inuendo, #12's poor judgement in a tryst with another players wife supposedly forced a departure that haunted the Bills for years. Another #12 scorned the city and the League for 'greener' pastures, as well as 1st overall pick Tom Cousineau. Losing Joe D before FA actually became the rule hurt very bad at the time as well.. Joe Cribbs backstab wasn't overcome 'til the USFL folded..

Just sayin'

There are a number of #12's. If you are going to make such allegations you might want to provide names to protect the innocent.

There are a number of #12's. If you are going to make such allegations you might want to provide names to protect the innocent.

'Twas whispered scuttlebutt all over WNY..

Might

As well

Discuss

Bills

Oozing

Mean

Behavior

Evoking

Retribution..

Oh, and Kelly fled to the 'other' league..

anyone who seriously thinks that is seriously in need of some education as well as class. Defense lost the game, not Scotty

education. no thanks. i know he did his share to get us there.

what???? now I'M CLASSLESS because i dont like the guy. give me a break philster. defense played a major part. but scott norwood had an OPPORTUNITY to win for us. he failed in his OPPORTUNITY. plain and simple.

like another poster mentioned, take a chill pill. no one is hunting the dude down.

but obviously i'm not praising him all day long either.

education. no thanks. i know he did his share to get us there.

what???? now I'M CLASSLESS because i dont like the guy. give me a break philster. defense played a major part. but scott norwood had an OPPORTUNITY to win for us. he failed in his OPPORTUNITY. plain and simple.

like another poster mentioned, take a chill pill. no one is hunting the dude down.

but obviously i'm not praising him all day long either.

The Philster is right. You have to be clueless and classless to place SBXXV squarely on Norwood. Yeah, he had an opportunity to be a hero, but so did the defense before they let the Giants score, and Kelly and the offense did as well but could only muster up enough field position to place Norwood at the edge of their range.

Anyone with even half a clue knows Scotty didn't have a great leg...accurate but not all that strong. He pushed so hard to get enough distance on the kick, a 47 yarder on grass, that his normal accuracy suffered. Besides that, it's a 60-minute game and with all the missed tackles the defense had that day, the blame goes more there than anywhere

1) Tom Cousineau

2) Bob Nelson

3) Tom Ruud

4) Waddy Harvey (I just like reading his name)

5) Jeff Posey

6) Walt Putulski

7) Leon Seals

8) Ronnie Harmon

9) Greg Bell

10) Dennis Shaw

11) Erik Flowers

12) John McCargo

13) MIke Williams

-

All (save Waddy) were major flops and/or just G'damn annoying.

I'm surprised how many times Bledsoe's name came up. He's the last QB in Buffalo to consistently play at a pro level and the last QB to lead the team to a winning record. It's not his fault Gregg Williams knows less about offense than I do about opera.

My least favorite ever is Rob Johnson. Surfer dude mentality, looked like an !@#$, and proved that a bad quarterback is all it takes to make an otherwise strong team suck. Yeah, I know, he had one good drive in one playoff game. The rest of his career was a bad joke.

It's really difficult for me to answer this question, because I'm always rooting so damn hard for every guy who wears the uniform. I guess I have to go with the players who have disappointed me the most:

Bob Cousineau -- simply for shafting the team/city

Rob Johnson -- I don't think he's a bad guy, but he wasted a ton of talent

Mike Williams -- for not putting in the effort

OJ Simpson -- for killing people

Jason Peters -- for falling victim to greed

Lonnie Johnson -- just for being friggin' Lonnie Johnson

It's really difficult for me to answer this question, because I'm always rooting so damn hard for every guy who wears the uniform. I guess I have to go with the players who have disappointed me the most:

Bob Cousineau -- simply for shafting the team/city

Rob Johnson -- I don't think he's a bad guy, but he wasted a ton of talent

Mike Williams -- for not putting in the effort

OJ Simpson -- for killing people

Jason Peters -- for falling victim to greed

Lonnie Johnson -- just for being friggin' Lonnie Johnson

Instead of denigrating Cousineau we should erect a statue of him in Niagara Square because without him we never would have landed the greatest QB in team history.

Vive le Cousineau!

GO BILLS!!!

McGahee.....He had such a great career ahead of him, got greedy, got stupid.....now he's an afterthought.

Travis Henry.....Pure 100% moron criminal. Another one who was just too dumb to achieve anything.

Joe Cribbs..... My most hated Bill forever. I have softened a bit on him because his career went down

the toilet the second he signed with Birmingham. It is almost sad how he dropped off the face of the earth.

In Buffalo he was a star.....he got greedy (Buffalo Prison), he got rich...and he was done.

You got yours in the end...I hate you Joe.

John Fina? Come on. I will bet if he ever said anything about 4 seconds it was about a very specific play where his assignment was to block the man in front of him for 4 seconds, release, and go down field. I just can't buy your story in the context you tell it.

Fina was a good guy, very intelligent, and a good player. Oh, and by the way, he was drafted by the Polian/ Butler regime. Most people here think that means something.

I don't understand how he gets lumped in with McGahee, Lynch and Williams?

He was being interviewed by the guys from 97 Rock. He gave them a ton of attitude and that was one of the things he said. He didn't mean on a specific play...not in the context of the conversation.

I remember going to a Dolphins game one cold day back in the Rob Johnson Era. Fina was a turnstile that day. We got blown out and fans began to leave late in the 3rd quarter. There was fina, standing on the sidelines, sarcastically waving goodbye with this jackass smirk on his face.

Not my kind of Bill.

I always hated Will " Illegal Use Of Hands " Grant he had to hold all the time because he was way to small to block anybody. He also snubbed a small kid when he asked him for a autograph the man was just a first class jerk.

Well, if you're to believe 'hush, hush' inuendo, #12's poor judgement in a tryst with another players wife supposedly forced a departure that haunted the Bills for years. Another #12 scorned the city and the League for 'greener' pastures, as well as 1st overall pick Tom Cousineau. Losing Joe D before FA actually became the rule hurt very bad at the time as well.. Joe Cribbs backstab wasn't overcome 'til the USFL folded..

Just sayin'

Can you spell out the Joe D. thing a little better? The bolded part is what more people need to understand. This gets lumped into the "Ralph is Cheap" pile and was actually Cribbs' agent (a silent partner in the USFL) playing the NFL with both Cribbs and a running back from Detroit whose name I er, Billy Simms? also did the same thing.

That said, the folding of the USFL was the best thing that ever happened for the Bills. Kelly, Hull, Drane... how many others? We got Cribbs back, even.

Just sayin'

I gotta ask, which #12 are you referring to here, if not Jimbo? Is it Darryl Lamonica, getting traded to the Raiders...or did he allegedlly mess around with Cookie Gilchrists' Misses, causing him to be shipped out? It is a tad before my time, so I don't remember hearing anything of that. You couldn't be talking about Ferguson. Could you?

I gotta ask, which #12 are you referring to here, if not Jimbo? Is it Darryl Lamonica, getting traded to the Raiders...or did he allegedlly mess around with Cookie Gilchrists' Misses, causing him to be shipped out? It is a tad before my time, so I don't remember hearing anything of that. You couldn't be talking about Ferguson. Could you?

Might

As well

Discuss

Bills

Oozing

Mean

Behavior

Evoking

Retribution..

Might

As well

Discuss

Bills

Oozing

Mean

Behavior

Evoking

Retribution..

I had heard rumors that he was messing with someone's wife, but COOKIE GILCHRIST? Wow..if that were true I'd have to think Daryle was a little suicidal. Given that we traded Cookie away at almost the same time we should have kept Daryl. He took Oakland to a couple of AFC championships and a trip to the superbowl.

I always hated Will " Illegal Use Of Hands " Grant he had to hold all the time because he was way to small to block anybody. He also snubbed a small kid when he asked him for a autograph the man was just a first class jerk.

Funny, I always thought his name was "Holding On" Will Grant.

I had heard rumors that he was messing with someone's wife, but COOKIE GILCHRIST? Wow..if that were true I'd have to think Daryle was a little suicidal. Given that we traded Cookie away at almost the same time we should have kept Daryl. He took Oakland to a couple of AFC championships and a trip to the superbowl.

I was just guessing Cookie, cuz Chandler said a #12 was messing with another players' wife, leading to a departure from the team that would haunt the franchise...only guys I could think of were Cookie, and Lamonica, "the mad baller" as it turns out, himself. Or, jeez, don't tell me, it wasn't Lou Saban's wife?

Again, I was born in 1965, so I only know about these teams through legend, but, if I am correct, Jack Kemp was still a fairly effective QB when Lamonica was traded...no? My earliest Bills memories are of the 1972 team, led by my namesake Dennis Shaw.

Chandler 81, which teammates wife was Lamonica messing with? I love this stuff! And don't say Dominik Hasek! :flirt:

Anyone with even half a clue knows Scotty didn't have a great leg...accurate but not all that strong. He pushed so hard to get enough distance on the kick, a 47 yarder on grass, that his normal accuracy suffered. Besides that, it's a 60-minute game and with all the missed tackles the defense had that day, the blame goes more there than anywhere

I agree, he wasn't entirely to blame for that loss. Even after all of the missed tackles and 3rd and longs given up, they were in position to win. He missed the biggest kick in Bills history. Kind of tough to put him in the "like" category. His weak leg in the winds at the Ralph was one of the few weaknesses of the 1990 team.

Marv Levy - yeah I said it

He has to be the most overrated coach of all time. I can not believe he is in the HOF and Andre Reed is not. Ted Marchibroda deserves to be in the HOF more than Levy does.

Add on the complete destruction of the franchise he orchestrated as GM and he is hands down my least favorite Bill of all time.

A better prepared and better coached team would have been added to the list of dynasties including the 49ers, Steelers, Cowboys, and subsequently the Patriots(makes me want to puke).

I agree with you.

Rob Johnson

But I have to throw Terrence McGee in there too. He is a good return man but I cannot believe he was a starting corner (even our #1 at times). I used to play football with my friends and whenever someone wanted to run directly at their corner and turn left they would say, "I'm running a Mcgee." He sits back and lets receivers run their routes with no trouble but is there to make the tackle. Meanwhile the stick move again.

Rob Johnson

But I have to throw Terrence McGee in there too. He is a good return man but I cannot believe he was a starting corner (even our #1 at times). I used to play football with my friends and whenever someone wanted to run directly at their corner and turn left they would say, "I'm running a Mcgee." He sits back and lets receivers run their routes with no trouble but is there to make the tackle. Meanwhile the stick move again.

McGee has played very well, at the corner position...I won't say he an elite corner, but he has had some great games against some of the best WR's in the conference. He gets burned from time to time, but the only corners who don't get burned, are the ones who are perceived to be so much better that their defensive counterpart, that they rarely get tested. Those guys are few and far between.

Given the ineffective play of the Bills front 7, for most of the last decade, I think it is pretty tough to pick on Terrence McGee.