Another Obama Administration racist

I havent been coming to the politics part of this for very long, but I have never heard Wisconsin say anything racist. I have heard gayboy tom call him racist about a dozen times, though.

Then you're most likely a racist yourself.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Chef, it never occurred to me that someone would call me a racist because I said I didnt know if someone else was one. That just rolled off your tongue.

With your posting history, it wouldn't surprise me. The good news is you found a friend in WBF. Your friendship, inspired by a mutual hatred of Tom and probably anyone with a darker skin tone, will no doubt be legendary.

I'm sick and tired of hearing minorities ask for special treatment and for blaming race and racism for disparities in income, health care and education. I don't see racism as the reason for the divide. I see the everyday decisions and choices that people make and don't make as larger contributors to their destiny. Am I a racist?

I'm sick and tired of hearing minorities ask for special treatment and for blaming race and racism for disparities in income, health care and education. I don't see racism as the reason for the divide. I see the everyday decisions and choices that people make and don't make as larger contributors to their destiny. Am I a racist?

Not necessarily, do you look at someone and judge them solely based on the color of their skin? Do you obsessively post only on race relations?

The NAACP's new stance:

With regard to the initial media coverage of the resignation of USDA Official Shirley Sherrod, we have come to the conclusion we were snookered by Fox News and Tea Party Activist Andrew Breitbart into believing she had harmed white farmers because of racial bias.

Having reviewed the full tape, spoken to Ms. Sherrod, and most importantly heard the testimony of the white farmers mentioned in this story, we now believe the organization that edited the documents did so with the intention of deceiving millions of Americans.

Next time we are confronted by a racial controversy broken by Fox News or their allies in the Tea Party like Mr. Breitbart, we will consider the source and be more deliberate in responding. The tape of Ms. Sherrod’s speech at an NAACP banquet was deliberately edited to create a false impression of racial bias, and to create a controversy where none existed. This just shows the lengths to which extremist elements will go to discredit legitimate opposition.

According to the USDA, Sherrod’s statements prompted her dismissal. While we understand why Secretary Vilsack believes this false controversy will impede her ability to function in the role, we urge him to reconsider.

This is the same Jealous who said Monday he was "appalled" by Sherrod's "abuse of power." Good for the NAACP for admitting a mistake. Does this win Fox News the Joesph Goebberel's award?

Good for the NAACP for admitting a mistake.

When does the WH admit a mistake for "harrassing" Sherrod to quit (her words) because she was "gonna be on Glen Beck."

Folks like Beck have the WH spun up in knots. If it weren't so brutally pathetic, it'd be kind of funny.

NAACP hard at work again defending the indefensible. She says she didn't do as much as she could have for this farmer b/c he wasn't black, and told him to see a banker who is 'one of his own kind.' How is her choice of words FOX or CNN's doing?

They defend the indefensible b/c they believe that an admission of fault for one of "their own kind" is an admission of fault for them all when they say the same racist things. Chastising / firing one of them would be the thin edge the wedge.

We all know that liberals use race baiting tactics, it is the only way they can attempt to delegitimize the energy of the Tea Party...

Today, I was skimming through the Washington Post, and there were three, count them, THREE articles that implied some sort of racist behavior from the Tea Party.

Anyway, this piece pretty much exposes the liberal media for what they are, which is a bunch of race baiting radical idealogues.

It was the moment of greatest peril for then-Sen. Barack Obama’s political career. In the heat of the presidential campaign, videos surfaced of Obama’s pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, angrily denouncing whites, the U.S. government and America itself. Obama had once bragged of his closeness to Wright. Now the black nationalist preacher’s rhetoric was threatening to torpedo Obama’s campaign.

The crisis reached a howling pitch in mid-April, 2008, at an ABC News debate moderated by Charlie Gibson and George Stephanopoulos. Gibson asked Obama why it had taken him so long – nearly a year since Wright’s remarks became public – to dissociate himself from them. Stephanopoulos asked, “Do you think Reverend Wright loves America as much as you do?”

Watching this all at home were members of Journolist, a listserv comprised of several hundred liberal journalists, as well as like-minded professors and activists. The tough questioning from the ABC anchors left many of them outraged. “George [stephanopoulos],” fumed Richard Kim of the Nation, is “being a disgusting little rat snake.”

Others went further. According to records obtained by The Daily Caller, at several points during the 2008 presidential campaign a group of liberal journalists took radical steps to protect their favored candidate. Employees of news organizations including Time, Politico, the Huffington Post, the Baltimore Sun, the Guardian, Salon and the New Republic participated in outpourings of anger over how Obama had been treated in the media, and in some cases plotted to fix the damage.

In one instance, Spencer Ackerman of the Washington Independent urged his colleagues to deflect attention from Obama’s relationship with Wright by changing the subject. Pick one of Obama’s conservative critics, Ackerman wrote, “Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/document.../#ixzz0uI3MEXDC

Chris Hayes of the Nation posted on April 29, 2008, urging his colleagues to ignore Wright. Hayes directed his message to “particularly those in the ostensible mainstream media” who were members of the list.

If you were in the presence of a man having a heart attack, how would you respond? As he clutched his chest in desperation and pain, would you call 911? Would you try to save him from dying? Of course you would.

But if that man was Rush Limbaugh, and you were Sarah Spitz, a producer for National Public Radio, that isn’t what you’d do at all.

In a post to the list-serv Journolist, an online meeting place for liberal journalists, Spitz wrote that she would “Laugh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out” as Limbaugh writhed in torment.

In boasting that she would gleefully watch a man die in front of her eyes, Spitz seemed to shock even herself. “I never knew I had this much hate in me,” she wrote. “But he deserves it.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/21/liberal-.../#ixzz0uI6hVLDn

The very existence of Fox News, meanwhile, sends Journolisters into paroxysms of rage. When Howell Raines charged that the network had a conservative bias, the members of Journolist discussed whether the federal government should shut the channel down.

“I am genuinely scared” of Fox, wrote Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, because it “shows you that a genuinely shameless and unethical media organisation *cannot* be controlled by any form of peer pressure or self-regulation, and nor can it be successfully cold-shouldered or ostracised. In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.” Davies, a Brit, frequently argued the United States needed stricter libel laws.

“I agree,” said Michael Scherer of Time Magazine. Roger “Ailes understands that his job is to build a tribal identity, not a news organization. You can’t hurt Fox by saying it gets it wrong, if Ailes just uses the criticism to deepen the tribal identity.”

Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, suggested that the federal government simply yank Fox off the air. “I hate to open this can of worms,” he wrote, “but is there any reason why the FCC couldn’t simply pull their broadcasting permit once it expires?”

The whole gang was involved, The Nation, Guardian, Time, Huffington Post, Baltimore Sun, New Republic and Salon. Oh and I even happen to remember a certain lil kitty who thought NPR didn't report with a tilt. As if there was ever a doubt. :lol:

So glad to see the NAACP has now focused the story where it BELONGS.....evil Fox News.... and Sherrod can (and is) now portray herself as the poor, poor victim.

Meanwhile, somewhere in America today, a white guy just got fired and lost his career for life for telling a joke about "Two Mexicans, a Jew and a black guy walking into a bar" at a company picnic.

Order is now restored in the World....I feel so much better.

The whole gang was involved, The Nation, Guardian, Time, Huffington Post, Baltimore Sun, New Republic and Salon. Oh and I even happen to remember a certain lil kitty who thought NPR didn't report with a tilt. As if there was ever a doubt. :rolleyes:

Haven't really listened to Morning Edition, etc. since my commuting-to-college days, but NPR did/does tend to include loooooong stretches of the interviewees talking, so there is less of a filter. That being so, they're a step closer to objectivity than any of the Big 5 of TeeVee, and any number of e-zines and papers that like to digest everything for you and say generically what they think the interviewee said. I'd rather hear it straight from the horse's lips. This all, of course, depends on how they select their interviewees. The danger is that they can be cherry-picked... but that's true of all media, it's true of statistics, it's true of Cheerios and it's true of cherries.