Lee Evans

jscap

I was having this conversation in a bar and most people didn't seem to hate the idea ........would you trade Lee Evans for at least a second round pick ( Preferably a 1st ) , re-sign T.O. and let the young guys battle for the second spot? I like Stevie Johnson and I think Easley can be a good reciever. Hardy...the jury is still out. I know it will never happen but it wouldn't be a bad move imo. Que haters in 5-4-3-2-1

I don't think we get a 2nd for Lee, he has no real trade value due to the Bills offensive woes. Also T.O. is not the answer, he did well last year and kept his mouth shut but he isn't getting any younger. I'm looking forward to seeing what Chan can do with our offense and especially all our young WR's. Hopefully he utilizes Lee and we can actually look forward to our offense taking the field.

I was having this conversation in a bar and most people didn't seem to hate the idea ........would you trade Lee Evans for at least a second round pick ( Preferably a 1st ) , re-sign T.O. and let the young guys battle for the second spot? I like Stevie Johnson and I think Easley can be a good reciever. Hardy...the jury is still out. I know it will never happen but it wouldn't be a bad move imo. Que haters in 5-4-3-2-1

I don't think we get a 2nd for Lee, he has no real trade value due to the Bills offensive woes. Also T.O. is not the answer, he did well last year and kept his mouth shut but he isn't getting any younger. I'm looking forward to seeing what Chan can do with our offense and especially all our young WR's. Hopefully he utilizes Lee and we can actually look forward to our offense taking the field.

Link

I am always an advocate of keeping all options on the table and there is no question that his abilities have had little value in the past offensive schemes(don't care that he can't throw himself the ball as they always say, it is fact none the less).

That said his trade value may be minimal given his recent performance. If the arguement is trade for picks, well we may as well do that after this season, if the argument is trade for players who fill other needs, I would say listen to every offer, but it would need to be an solid NFL starter (LB, OT, C) or an even more unlikely proven QB at minimum.

I don't know, what is the trade value for a #2 WR?

That was a really informative link, thanks.

Nerd.

I cant help but notice the gibberish post about not being able to get a 2nd for Lee and then this gem of a follow up showcasing the word "nerd" when someone blasted it.

Clearly you are a kid who plays Madden and doesnt really know football. So I will spare you the lashing for the absurd notion that Lee's value is less than a 2nd round pick. Lees problem isnt talent within himself, its been the lack of talent from our QB's who have been the worst collection of QB's in the NFL the last 3 years outside of Oakland.

Ask Boldin.

Are you implying Boldin is a #2 WR? He is literally a top 5 WR in the NFL and has produced at a very high level his entire career as a #1 before Fitz got there and when Fitz has missed games. He set the rookie record for receptions with over 100 on a bad Cardinals team as the #1 WR and has never looked back. This guy is a beast with great hands, route running, run after the catch, strength, and intelligence on the field...his only knock is that he has had a few injuries because of his physical style of play. Not to mention he is an excellent blocker on the field too.

I cant help but notice the gibberish post about not being able to get a 2nd for Lee and then this gem of a follow up showcasing the word "nerd" when someone blasted it.

Clearly you are a kid who plays Madden and doesnt really know football. So I will spare you the lashing for the absurd notion that Lee's value is less than a 2nd round pick. Lees problem isnt talent within himself, its been the lack of talent from our QB's who have been the worst collection of QB's in the NFL the last 3 years outside of Oakland.

What gibberish are you referring to? Look at the other WR trades in the past few years, there is no way we get a 2nd for him. I don't disagree that he is talented but no one is giving us a 2nd based on what he may be able to do.

Lee Evans problem is that he's been in an offense that doesn't utilize his strengths. He's one of the best vertical threats in the NFL. The problem is the Bills had a QB who only threw the ball past 40 yds twice in the first 6 games.

It's no different than blaming Bledsoe for the fact that the Bills built a team around him that was better designed for Michael Vick.

Of course maybe I'm wrong and it's just a coincidence that Lee Evans & T.O. both had far and away the worst seasons of their careers.

Are you implying Boldin is a #2 WR?

Well, he WAS a #2 WR on the Cards. Fitzgerald was #1.

But I think the response points out two things:

#1. The position of the WR on any given team doesn't equal a particular draft pick. It's an idiotic question. (Consider the source)

#2. The idea that Evans is a #2 (when clearly he has been the Bills #1 for years) is also flawed. Evans would likely be #1 on at least 50% of NFL teams, IMO. He has to be one of the most underrated players in the NFL at this point. Given the QB situation, and the general incompetence of the Bills offense during his tenure, it's pretty impressive Evans has put up the numbers he has, to date.

In response to the original question, I doubt the Bills could get what Evans is worth. I think it's a fairly dumb idea to begin with.

Well, he WAS a #2 WR on the Cards. Fitzgerald was #1.

But I think the response points out two things:

#1. The position of the WR on any given team doesn't equal a particular draft pick. It's an idiotic question. (Consider the source)

#2. The idea that Evans is a #2 (when clearly he has been the Bills #1 for years) is also flawed. Evans would likely be #1 on at least 50% of NFL teams, IMO. He has to be one of the most underrated players in the NFL at this point. Given the QB situation, and the general incompetence of the Bills offense during his tenure, it's pretty impressive Evans has put up the numbers he has, to date.

In response to the original question, I doubt the Bills could get what Evans is worth. I think it's a fairly dumb idea to begin with.

Totally agree...

Plus, in a case like Boldin and Fitz...its really like 1A and 1B. Boldin clearly produced at high levels with Fitz, before Fitz, and when Fitz was out. There are very few teams that he would not be the best WR on.

What is Spiller's trade value, Fred Jackons' value, Byrd's value? Makes just as much sense as trading possibly the only decent receiver we have? We don't know what any of these other guys will bring, regardless of how much you or anyone likes them. No one ever won games based on likeablity. If they even entertained trading Evans, there should be a firing squad set up at OBD and start blasting idiots in the front office.

You just don't keep developing players and let them go or trade them....You have to build your team with a set of core players...Lee Evans is one..

Why in the world would you want to trade the only threat we have as a wideout? On a decent team with real coaches and and a real QB Evans would be a star.

there is a post titled "what a idiot thinks" right now on the board. I think this should be titled "what a idiot thinks 2.0" and so on for all posts regarding trading lee evans.

When I read posts like this I think of a 4 year old playing with a lego set constantly moving the pieces around to make a new shape. Just so you know you dont get better trading away good young players, We almost drafted hardy first, what good is a pick if it busts? Lee evans is a # 1 and has shown this many times. How some people want to get rid of evans and keep edwards is unbelievable.

What a great idea! Let's trade away our best player at a thin positions! Brilliant!