Roethlisberger - A Complete & Utter Moron!

I'm sure most will say so what--

1) what's the over under on how many beers he drank?

2) what will it take for him to realize the gravity of the situation he's in? Does he not realize even an innocent thing could be terrible? At this point he can't afford a speeding ticket, he NEEDS to make the choice easy for goodell to reinstate

If pissing in the woods on the back 9 is a crime, lock me up.

In most places it is in fact a crime. Either directly, or through the near-certain public indecency unless you piss through your pants.

Doesn't mean that you should call the cops when you see it happen, of course.

I'm sure most will say so what--

1) what's the over under on how many beers he drank?

2) what will it take for him to realize the gravity of the situation he's in? Does he not realize even an innocent thing could be terrible? At this point he can't afford a speeding ticket, he NEEDS to make the choice easy for goodell to reinstate

Although I was born & raised in the Buffalo area (went to Hamburg High...& worked across from the stadium... always a Bills fan), I have lived in PA for the last three decades...right in the heart of Steelers country. My job enables me to talk to tons of Steelers fans. The general consensus around here is that some things are bigger than football. Most folks here want him gone. Steelers pride is HUGE...just like in Buffalo, & he's viewed as a big ugly wart on Pittsburgh. Also, I heard so many stories about him - what a jerk he was - way before all the negative publicity. I honestly don't think he'll be able to repair his image in Pittsburgh. And you guys think we have quarterback problems.....

Ok I went to Miami, have met Big Ben, and agree that he is an ass. I know he is in a mess of an image situation, but COME ON! If the cops were called every time someone picked a tree on a golf course and took a leak, golf would be illegal by now.

This is pretty freaking weak "story". This lady lives on a golf course but has never seen someone take a piss before? Oh I get it.. it's because she was told it was Ben Roethlisberger so she decided to to be a jackass and call the police.. I'm no fan of Ben.. but calling the police because someone took a piss on a golf course is pretty stupid.. that is unless he ran around waving his d**k at her.. which wouldn't surprise me. lol

Seriously... if you don't like d**k, don't live next to a golf course. If you do, watch more TV. Stupid B*T*H.

markinsd -- This is pretty freaking weak "story". This lady lives on a golf course but has never seen someone take a piss before? Oh I get it.. it's because she was told it was Ben Roethlisberger so she decided to to be a jackass and call the police.. I'm no fan of Ben.. but calling the police because someone took a piss on a golf course is pretty stupid.. that is unless he ran around waving his d**k at her.. which wouldn't surprise me. lol

Really?

We're gonna take this opportunity to start calling the lady names, and bad mouthing her?

If some dope was takin' a piss in your mother's backyard -- she's the . . .?????????????????

Look, I've played enough golf to get takin a leak halfway through the nine, and, no, she didn't need to call the cops on the dumba$$, but calling her names? He's an alleged sex offender and he's wavin his dick around. He's lucky she didn't start wavin a gun around -- that would have been within her rights as well as callin the cops.

stupid story, stupid golfer, let's not join the stupid parade!

This is pretty freaking weak "story". This lady lives on a golf course but has never seen someone take a piss before? Oh I get it.. it's because she was told it was Ben Roethlisberger so she decided to to be a jackass and call the police.. I'm no fan of Ben.. but calling the police because someone took a piss on a golf course is pretty stupid.. that is unless he ran around waving his d**k at her.. which wouldn't surprise me. lol

And herein lies the problem - & why Rooney needs to send him packing. If this was Ferdinand Jones from Hoboken peeing on the back nine, she would have laughed & walked away. But when she realized it was this famous predator, she felt she had an obligation. Even if this dude becomes a choir boy, people will be gunnin' for him...even if he's innocent, he'll be guilty. And why don't golf courses have porta potty's here & there? I'm not a golfer, but hello?...hot sun = liquids to quench - & what goes in must come out.

So Bens friend needs to urinate, and instead of pissing his pants he pees on the ground. I have no problem with that. Its natural after all.

It appears the woman saw someone, called the clubhouse and described them (big ben) and filed a complaint - cops show up, friend takes credit.

Definitely not the end of the world, just when you are trying to have a suspension reduced.... You might want to keep your name away from anything remotely controversial. Also, I won't be surprised if alcohol restrictions are part of his punishment

And herein lies the problem - & why Rooney needs to send him packing. If this was Ferdinand Jones from Hoboken peeing on the back nine, she would have laughed & walked away. But when she realized it was this famous predator, she felt she had an obligation. Even if this dude becomes a choir boy, people will be gunnin' for him...even if he's innocent, he'll be guilty. And why don't golf courses have porta potty's here & there? I'm not a golfer, but hello?...hot sun = liquids to quench - & what goes in must come out.

Ok, first this is just an unbelievable story ... not that it didn't happen but first question is why would anyone watch a bunch of golfers going around playing unless you knew who they were.

Second, although I haven't played golf in many years, I remember being caught somewhere on the course with nature's needs having to be relieved. I would find that secluded spot to take care of things and I always did wonder why no porta-potties.

Finally, Big Ben just needs to watch every single step he takes in public. Better yet, he needs to hide from the public.

I am so hoping that Spiller turns out to be the outstanding person he seems to be so far but money has its way of corrupting ...can you image how this board would be in Big Ben was ours?

Although I was born & raised in the Buffalo area (went to Hamburg High...& worked across from the stadium... always a Bills fan), I have lived in PA for the last three decades...right in the heart of Steelers country. My job enables me to talk to tons of Steelers fans. The general consensus around here is that some things are bigger than football. Most folks here want him gone. Steelers pride is HUGE...just like in Buffalo, & he's viewed as a big ugly wart on Pittsburgh. Also, I heard so many stories about him - what a jerk he was - way before all the negative publicity. I honestly don't think he'll be able to repair his image in Pittsburgh. And you guys think we have quarterback problems.....

Yeah, until he wins his first game this season.

Come on, Steelers fans are no different or better than any others. If he continues to win, all sins will be ignored.

If I lived next to a golf course and had to see that all the time, I'd be pretty dang annoyed. What if she has kids? You want your four year old daughter seeing that all the time?

Where does it say she had any idea it was him beforehand or that she even knows who he is?

Believe it or not, fellas, not every woman wants to see you take a piss while she's in her backyard.

I've probably taken a leak on every golf course I've ever played. It's as simple as a little stroll into the woods and do your thing. An observer would have to go out of their way to know whether I was pissing or looking for a ball.

If Ben took his leak right out in the open in front of this women, then of course he should be in trouble. If the woman just saw the silhoutte of a guy pissing in the woods, she needs to get a life.

I highly doubt he is stupid enough to expose himself to this women on purpose.

In most places it is in fact a crime. Either directly, or through the near-certain public indecency unless you piss through your pants.

Doesn't mean that you should call the cops when you see it happen, of course.

If you're that worried about it, stay out of the Abbot Road lot before and after games.

I've probably taken a leak on every golf course I've ever played. It's as simple as a little stroll into the woods and do your thing. An observer would have to go out of their way to know whether I was pissing or looking for a ball.

If Ben took his leak right out in the open in front of this women, then of course he should be in trouble. If the woman just saw the silhoutte of a guy pissing in the woods, she needs to get a life.

What makes you so sure or if he even knew she was there? Or for that matter, that it was him and not his friend?

Where does it say she had any idea it was him beforehand or that she even knows who he is?

She didn't according to according to the TMZ article, linked from the original PFT link.

According to the report, a woman named Nan Fowler phoned the pro shop at the Country Club at Muirfield Village around 6:53 PM and complained that a white, tall male -- sporting a blue golf shirt and khaki shorts -- was "urinating into some trees." The report states that Nan was informed by the woman at the pro shop that the person who fit that description was Big Ben. Nan then called police and told them that the NFL star was peeing in public.

So she didn't know who he was until the clubhouse told her, then she decided to call the cops. Has anyone found out if she's a Browns or Bengals fan?

How 'bout on the green? Or the fairway?

If it had happened in the woods, it wouldn't have been a problem, I suspect, though obviously I don't know what happened. Just don't make any assumptions about where the whiz kid wee'd.

Exactly. Guys take a leak on the course ALL THE TIME. I play 2-3 times a week and if I gotta go, I stroll into a wooded area and take care of business. All of the guys I play with do the same thing. It's a "common courtesy" thing to take a leak away from an open area.

If guys had been doing this right near her back yard all the time, then I can understand why she finally called someone on it.

This is a story only because it was Roethlisberger in the foursome, no matter who was taking the leak.

Yeah, until he wins his first game this season.

Come on, Steelers fans are no different or better than any others. If he continues to win, all sins will be ignored.

Here's how Steelers fans ARE different...they have a whole bunch of SB victories stored away in their memory banks, and right now they are willing to live off memories for awhile in order to solve the bigger problem. As I said, I live & work in the heart of Steelers country. When I bring up the subject of Ben, almost everybody has the same reaction. They hang their head a little & say, "Yeah...he's gotta go". And everybody here wants to not need him when his suspension is over. I would say Mr. WEO that over 75% of the peeps here are willing to trade some victories for a season or two if need be in order to rid the city of this pervert. They really don't want to cheer for this creep.

That yahoo woman reporting this should have pressed charges.

Would have showed her as the idiot in need of help, not Ben.

We have all met people like that woman before, and they make the world a worse place than morons like Roethlisberger.

I have been married 30 yrs. I have a bunch of sister-in-laws & daughters...the youngest being 28. I can tell you this... women have to do something that men don't have to do...that is putting a lot of thought into the subject of rape. Why?... to become educated on the topic in order to decrease the chances of this crime happening to them. Perhaps, Mister Defense, if you had put as much thought into this subject as most women have, & then saw this known predator brandishing his weapon, you would have reported it as well.

That yahoo woman reporting this should have pressed charges.

Would have showed her as the idiot in need of help, not Ben.

We have all met people like that woman before, and they make the world a worse place than morons like Roethlisberger.

Really?

To take it at its simplest terms, it was a silly offense for him to put himself in the position for someone to report. He was about to tee off on 18 -- he couldn't wait 10-15 mins to get back to the clubhouse? If he couldn't, why do you think that is? Too much Gatorade?

At this point ben whipping it out in public is about as smart as stallworth driving home after a beer or mike Vick buying a puppy. It just doesn't take that much common sense to stay away from situations that look bad. And yes I know I'll get flamed for the comparison -- from an NFL standpoint bens was possibly worse on the common sense scale as he's suspended and trying to get a couple games back.

Here's how Steelers fans ARE different...they have a whole bunch of SB victories stored away in their memory banks, and right now they are willing to live off memories for awhile in order to solve the bigger problem. As I said, I live & work in the heart of Steelers country. When I bring up the subject of Ben, almost everybody has the same reaction. They hang their head a little & say, "Yeah...he's gotta go". And everybody here wants to not need him when his suspension is over. I would say Mr. WEO that over 75% of the peeps here are willing to trade some victories for a season or two if need be in order to rid the city of this pervert. They really don't want to cheer for this creep.

I'm saying you simply made that number up.

The fans haven't had to actually make that decision yet. If, after BR is reinstated, their stadium is 75% empty for the rest of his home appearances, I will applaud your forsight.

I agree. The problem here is that a woman saw it. Now that doesn't mean he wasn't in the woods with his back turned but it doesn't mean he was either. JMO

it used to be a hundred bucks to pee in the streets of fredonia, maybe more now.

You could buy a license for that?