If LeBron James doesn't re-sign with Cleveland...

Buftex

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, let's make no mistake...Lebron, Wade, and Bosh will all have to take minor hits in salary, ego, and PPG...but they will win titles barring some catastrophic injury situation.

i vaguely remember catching an ESPN show where they broke down the feasibility of each team based on salaries vs salary cap. i believe it was Miami that they said could sign all three, because Miami has more cap space than LeBron's maximum salary.

something i didnt know was that the NBA has a salary MAX based on years played.

the way it worked out, iirc, Miami was the team that could pay them all their maxes. but i could very well be wrong.

No state income tax = Miami Heat.

One of many reasons, but a big one.

When you have gone straight from high school to making millions playing a boys' game, and are about to become rich beyond your wildest dreams no matter what, shouldn't the quality of the job be the #1 thing?

I've never lived as a millionaire and probably never will, but I feel like I probably wouldn't live much differently if I had "only" $20MM in the bank instead of $90MM, and that's not even close to the difference.

As a basketball decision this seems pretty weak and a setup for a lot of scrutiny. On one hand if they don't succeed it'd be a colossal failure. On the other, the Heat should hardly be able to afford the quality role players that win you games in the postseason.

I'm a Spurs fan so I don't really care what goes on in the East, but I don't see this Miami Heat experiment lasting more than a year, especially if the Heat fall short of the goal, getting knocked out of the playoffs at the same juncture that Cleveland did this year.

This is not the Boston experiment....it looks more like the Karl Malone/Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

The "games" of the Big 3 don't mesh well. Three massive egos, only one basketball.

jesus, are those three just going to go 3 vs 5 for 60 minutes or what? Like they'll have any $$$ to sign the part players you need to win a championship. This is going to look like a monkey trying to !@#$ a basketball in Miami this season...

I'm a Spurs fan so I don't really care what goes on in the East, but I don't see this Miami Heat experiment lasting more than a year, especially if the Heat fall short of the goal, getting knocked out of the playoffs at the same juncture that Cleveland did this year.

This is not the Boston experiment....it looks more like the Karl Malone/Shaq/Kobe Lakers.

The "games" of the Big 3 don't mesh well. Three massive egos, only one basketball.

Except Malone was like 50 and Kobe was about 15?

This team will win it all barring injury.

Poor Cleveland.

Garnett, Allen and Pierce were/are perceived to be on their last legs, all well into their 30's. LeBron, Wade and Bosh are all in their mid 20's, just entering their prime. Karl Malone, Gary Payton were added to the Lakers as complimentary palyers, both at the end of the line in their careers, while Shaq was in his prime, and Kobe was just getting there. They (Heat) will dominate the East, if they stay healthy. No way this only lasts a season...I hate them almost as much as I hate the Lakers, already!

Did you all see the letter Dan Gilbert, Cavs majority owner, sent to Cavs fans tonight? Gotta say, it is seething with bitterness...I really do feel bad for that city, and that franchise. This is an unbelievable letter:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365704

just came here to post that. absolutely amazing, but i'm not sure in which way yet. id love to see an NFL owner come out with something like that. the NBA is full of nuts.

as far as "the decision" goes, sorry cleveland, that sucks, and if it were a homegrown star Bills player, i'd be going ballistic. but good for lebron. 25 is a good age to leave the nest. which is exactly how this must be feeling to him. like he's "graduating". and i dont mean to imply anything about the city of cleveland. strictly about a kid growing up.