If LeBron James doesn't re-sign with Cleveland...

Buftex

LeBron has given me someone to hate moreso than Kobe. Something i never thought would happen. He's nothing but a sore loser, a quitter, a piss poor winner, and a classless, self-promoting, narcissistic piece of ****.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a lot more to this story, that is coming out. Dan Gilbert, reportedly, was lead to believe he had a "done deal" with Chris Bosh, and thusly, James. A few hours later, he sees Bosh announcing to the world that he is going to Miami. LeBron can say he wanted to stay in Cleveland, to save face with Cavs fans (it didn't work), but, according to insiders, James never made any contact with the Cavs. Gilbert tried, to no avail, to speak with LeBron, a "couple dozen" times, but could not talk with him, only his "people". Gilbert says he hasn't spoken a word with James, since the night of the Cavs last playoff game, in early June. It sure sounds, more and more, that LeBron James never had any intention of giving the Cavs any consideration. He (and all his supporters) can whine about how little talent James had to work with him in Cleveland, but James has been stringing people along for three years now...what free-agent would sign with the Cavs, not knowing if their "franchise" player is going to be there? The Cavs hands were somewhat tied, as far as adding a supporting cast. All the "name" guys they added, had to come through trades, rather than free agency.

I suspect that Dan Gilbert is pissed, and I think he has a right to be. His inflammatory letter, and subsequent AP interview may be a little over the top, after all, as they always tell us, sports is "just business." But, Gilbert is not stupid. I think he is over doing it a bit, to appease a really, pissed, hurt, and angry fan base. In other words, Gilbert's venom is feeding the Cavs base, giving them something to rally around, since they don't have their "star" anymore.

There is a lot more to this story, that is coming out. Dan Gilbert, reportedly, was lead to believe he had a "done deal" with Chris Bosh, and thusly, James. A few hours later, he sees Bosh announcing to the world that he is going to Miami. LeBron can say he wanted to stay in Cleveland, to save face with Cavs fans (it didn't work), but, according to insiders, James never made any contact with the Cavs. Gilbert tried, to no avail, to speak with LeBron, a "couple dozen" times, but could not talk with him, only his "people". Gilbert says he hasn't spoken a word with James, since the night of the Cavs last playoff game, in early June. It sure sounds, more and more, that LeBron James never had any intention of giving the Cavs any consideration. He (and all his supporters) can whine about how little talent James had to work with him in Cleveland, but James has been stringing people along for three years now...what free-agent would sign with the Cavs, not knowing if their "franchise" player is going to be there? The Cavs hands were somewhat tied, as far as adding a supporting cast. All the "name" guys they added, had to come through trades, rather than free agency.

I suspect that Dan Gilbert is pissed, and I think he has a right to be. His inflammatory letter, and subsequent AP interview may be a little over the top, after all, as they always tell us, sports is "just business." But, Gilbert is not stupid. I think he is over doing it a bit, to appease a really, pissed, hurt, and angry fan base. In other words, Gilbert's venom is feeding the Cavs base, giving them something to rally around, since they don't have their "star" anymore.

After having played the last seven seasons in Cleveland, what is there left to say?

I'm still pretty obsessed by this story, but it's making my brain hurt.....Wasn't Gilbert part of the Cavs presentation in Akron?

I still don't get the hate for Lebron...he played for Cleveland for 7 years, it's not like the Cavs knew he wasn't going to test the market.

Maybe he didn't want to come back period. If you had to choose between Miami and Cleveland which would you choose....

LOL it's Miami hands down for me and many people who he posted to this topic.

Ya'll can hate all you want.....but I hope he wins a title not because he has been hyped since before High school, but because he earned it. Which he will have to do either in Cleveland or Miami.

Wonder what a Cavs vs Heat playoff series would be like if the Cavs somehow made it to the playoffs.

I still don't get the hate for Lebron...he played for Cleveland for 7 years, it's not like the Cavs knew he wasn't going to test the market.

Maybe he didn't want to come back period. If you had to choose between Miami and Cleveland which would you choose....

LOL it's Miami hands down for me and many people who he posted to this topic.

Ya'll can hate all you want.....but I hope he wins a title not because he has been hyped since before High school, but because he earned it. Which he will have to do either in Cleveland or Miami.

Wonder what a Cavs vs Heat playoff series would be like if the Cavs somehow made it to the playoffs.

It is the way he did it... He quit on Cleveland... Knowing if he won a championship, he would be locked into Cleveland for life. Yes, the fix was on! That my friend deserves hate.

It is the way he did it... He quit on Cleveland... Knowing if he won a championship, he would be locked into Cleveland for life. Yes, the fix was on! That my friend deserves hate.

How did he quit on the Cavs when he fulfilled his contract???

This is what rich people do in America....yea it was a circus but what else did you except it to be??

Yea I even agree that Cleveland got jobbed, and I do feel sorry for them but that is life.... shyt happens.

cleveland can now do what they needs to do and keep on moving to bring that city back instead of placing all hopes on a 25 yr old kid to win an NBA title. :rolleyes:

Did you watch the Celtics series?

As a Celtics fan, it didn't bother me...but if I was a Cavs fan, I would have not been thrilled with LeBron after that series. His effort was definitely not up to par with his reputation. And yes, if I was a Cavs fan, I would have viewed that as a definite laying down...he was merely going through the motions against the Celtics, specifically in games 5 and 6. His "greatness" was definitely diminished in that series. I don't remember the Orlando/Cleveland series in 2009 as well, but Dan Gilbert contends LeBron gave the same sort of "effort" against the Magic, before surrendering to them in the ECF that year too.

Jordan played in a different era. It wasn't that long ago, sure. But the difference in media coverage then to now is major.

Plus, I dont remember Jordan ever becoming a free agent (at least for this long, and with where he would go being questioned). I also think the NBA had a different FA setup back then, much like how players for the 90s Bills were the last to stick with their teams.

You can't truly say that Michael Jordan, if put in this situation with today's circumstances, wouldn't have done the same thing.

Didnt he retire and comeback a few times? Didnt he try to go play baseball?

Jordan speaks about this...

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'"....."But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Barkley piped in too "If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...in&hpt=Sbin

Jordan speaks about this...

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'"....."But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

Barkley piped in too "If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...in&hpt=Sbin

And that is now Lebron's legacy. He's no longer "King James" or "the Man". He's the guy who needs immensely talented players like Dwayne Wade to "help him" win a championship. And spare me the "Jordan had Pippen" line - D Wade is one of the top 5 players in the league who's won a championship already with a decent roster and Shaq who wasn't the same player he was in Orlando or LA. Lebron essentially told the world "I can't do it."

And that is now Lebron's legacy. He's no longer "King James" or "the Man". He's the guy who needs immensely talented players like Dwayne Wade to "help him" win a championship. And spare me the "Jordan had Pippen" line - D Wade is one of the top 5 players in the league who's won a championship already with a decent roster and Shaq who wasn't the same player he was in Orlando or LA. Lebron essentially told the world "I can't do it."

IE: He's a quitter. Wait, where did we hear that from? ;)