If LeBron James doesn't re-sign with Cleveland...

Buftex

BTW, his open letter to the Cleveland fans was childish. He should invite LB back to the arena for a classy send off to the greatest player that ever wore a Cavs jersey. Maybe that would be over the top but he should at least thank Lebron for the money he made him. I hope when King James comes back to Cleveland to play I hope the fans will do the right thing and not boo and embrace a player who gave his heart and soul to the area he calls home.

Nonsense. You want the glory? Pay the price. I'm sure Red Sux fans boo'd Babe Ruth back in the day. Heck, maybe even the Ron Artest treatment would be suitable in this situation :thumbsup:

Oh, and BTW, I *WISH* Buffalo had a sports owner like that dude. Excellent letter.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense. You want the glory? Pay the price. I'm sure Red Sux fans boo'd Babe Ruth back in the day. Heck, maybe even the Ron Artest treatment would be suitable in this situation :thumbsup:

Oh, and BTW, I *WISH* Buffalo had a sports owner like that dude. Excellent letter.

I agree. I loved his letter and passion. hopefully he follows up on building a great team.

I was a big LeBron fan before this mess but I lost a lot of respect for the man. He basically gave 2 middle fingers to Cleveland on national TV. I never thought there was a NBA team I could hate more than the Lakers but it's now the Miami Heat and their 12 diehard fans.

I agree. I loved his letter and passion. hopefully he follows up on building a great team.

I was a big LeBron fan before this mess but I lost a lot of respect for the man. He basically gave 2 middle fingers to Cleveland on national TV. I never thought there was a NBA team I could hate more than the Lakers but it's now the Miami Heat and their 12 diehard fans.

Refreshing to see someone other than a walking corpse running a sports team in a battered city.

Here's to hoping the next owner of the Bills is that fired up.

Refreshing to see someone other than a walking corpse running a sports team in a battered city.

Here's to hoping the next owner of the Bills is that fired up.

Ralph gets too much heat. He is 90 years old. He never is cheap on spending for players. He hired TD who was the highest profile guy on the market. Ralph wants to win. He jsut doesn't know how.

My take on Lebron...

He did everything he could to win a title for Cleveland fans. He was classy on the court and off . He is the best player in the NBA and Cleveland was lucky to have him for 7 years.

Maybe some people will disagree with this but I think this was a failure of the Cavs organization to surround LB with the talent to win the title. Jordan had Pippen true that but who did Lebron have? Mo Williams ? Big Z ? An Old azz Shaq WAYYY past his prime?? come on...

They had 7 years to get him the players to get the NBA crown, they came close one year but they had a chance to get over the hump but could not do it. I really feel sorry for the Clevelend fans but its not their fault or is it Lebrons fault.

I blame the owner.

BTW, his open letter to the Cleveland fans was childish. He should invite LB back to the arena for a classy send off to the greatest player that ever wore a Cavs jersey. Maybe that would be over the top but he should at least thank Lebron for the money he made him. I hope when King James comes back to Cleveland to play I hope the fans will do the right thing and not boo and embrace a player who gave his heart and soul to the area he calls home.

I think Miami is Wade's team not LB's. Chris Bosh is the key though. LB will have to take a lesser role and maybe it suits his overall game more.

Maybe it will work out in Miami for James and I hope he wins the title there. Man I cant wait to see Boston and Miami play in the playoffs next year, you knows its gonna happen.

agreed. i dont get the outright HATING on LeBron that is happening. people tossing around terms like "classless" or "scumbag", it doesnt make sense. this is the nature of free agency.

furthermore, and even more to the point, not one person in all of Cleveland has based a life changing decision on "Gee, I wonder how LeBron James would feel about me doing this". to EXPECT that he would make a decision that will effect the rest of his life based on how the people of Cleveland feel about it is absolutely ridiculous.

LeBron is his own person. he has to live his own life. he gave Cleveland 7 years, and they (together) couldn't get it done. couple that with the fact that he has transitioned from being an 18 year old kid to a 25 year old man, and wants to get out of his parent's house, and his hometown and get out of the nest, and you can't blame him for wanting to leave.

haters are gonna hate. but there is no better way to show one's own jealousy and insecurities than by hating on someone.

agreed. i dont get the outright HATING on LeBron that is happening. people tossing around terms like "classless" or "scumbag", it doesnt make sense. this is the nature of free agency.

furthermore, and even more to the point, not one person in all of Cleveland has based a life changing decision on "Gee, I wonder how LeBron James would feel about me doing this". to EXPECT that he would make a decision that will effect the rest of his life based on how the people of Cleveland feel about it is absolutely ridiculous.

LeBron is his own person. he has to live his own life. he gave Cleveland 7 years, and they (together) couldn't get it done. couple that with the fact that he has transitioned from being an 18 year old kid to a 25 year old man, and wants to get out of his parent's house, and his hometown and get out of the nest, and you can't blame him for wanting to leave.

haters are gonna hate. but there is no better way to show one's own jealousy and insecurities than by hating on someone.

I think the biggest problem people have is how he handled it. He really needed to have an hour special to turn his back on Cleveland and the other teams that wanted him? Just announce it like a man.

I think he basically admitted he will never be a Jordan type player and I'm looking forward to rooting for the Heat to lose. But if he jsut made an announcement like every FA does, it won't have been as bad. Doing this in such a gaudy way jsut made me and a lot of other people lose some respect for the guy.

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2010/07/09/sports/CAVS.htm

I think the biggest problem people have is how he handled it. He really needed to have an hour special to turn his back on Cleveland and the other teams that wanted him? Just announce it like a man.

I think he basically admitted he will never be a Jordan type player and I'm looking forward to rooting for the Heat to lose. But if he jsut made an announcement like every FA does, it won't have been as bad. Doing this in such a gaudy way jsut made me and a lot of other people lose some respect for the guy.

save me the added drama with these phrases like "turned his back on Cleveland". the show sucked, i wont argue that. but what else is ESPN airing right now that is so entertaining? plus, the media and fans created that stage, he just stood on it.

you guys are being little hater bitches about this. "wah, i dont like how he announced his decision, so i HATE him". are you serious? is this how boring this part of the year is sports-wise? is any of this really that big of a deal that people have to be so bitter?

this says it all:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l59xpvRq...zp949o1_500.gif

+1 it was the classless way he handled it. He could have signed and moved on, but the primetime special was ridiculous, he should have just walked out with middle fingers blazing telling Cleveland to eat it..... it was an unprofessional move,and one that hopefully haunts him for a long time to come.

Setting last night's circus aside, the most troubling part of this whole situation is how willingly LeBron gave away his chance to be known as the GOAT. There is literally nothing he can do now to get that back. 10 rings? It won't matter. He accepted a legacy ceiling "one of the greatest" and that is sad. Someone who wants to be remembered as the best ever doesn't join the one situation in the league where he won't even be alpha dog.

He says he did this to win titles because w/o titles he can't be considered the greatest. How ironic that he just sunk his own ship in that regard.

save me the added drama with these phrases like "turned his back on Cleveland". the show sucked, i wont argue that. but what else is ESPN airing right now that is so entertaining? plus, the media and fans created that stage, he just stood on it.

you guys are being little hater bitches about this. "wah, i dont like how he announced his decision, so i HATE him". are you serious? is this how boring this part of the year is sports-wise? is any of this really that big of a deal that people have to be so bitter?

this says it all:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l59xpvRq...zp949o1_500.gif

You're putting words into my mouth. i never said I hate him. I'll just root against him.

And Lebron's management team approached ESPN about the special. People would be mad at LeBron for leaving Cleveland. But the way he did is what pisses off so many people. He really need to announce that he rather be Robin than Batman and play for the 12 die hard Heat fans on national TV?

Setting last night's circus aside, the most troubling part of this whole situation is how willingly LeBron gave away his chance to be known as the GOAT. There is literally nothing he can do now to get that back. 10 rings? It won't matter. He accepted a legacy ceiling "one of the greatest" and that is sad. Someone who wants to be remembered as the best ever doesn't join the one situation in the league where he won't even be alpha dog.

He says he did this to win titles because w/o titles he can't be considered the greatest. How ironic that he just sunk his own ship in that regard.

I agree with this 100%. Would Jordan have ever left? Jordan didn't win his first title until he was 27/ 28 years old. Jordan would just kill himself to be the best because he believed so much in his abilities.

I guess you can't kill LeBron for not believing he was good enough to single handedly lift a team to victory. But ever since he was in high school, LeBron was going to be as close to Jordan as he possibly could be. But he'd rather be an overpaid Scottie Pippen, which isn't bad but isn't what I expected LeBron's legacy to be.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2...0708120415.aspx

The tax savings for James in Miami over New York City would be staggering, according to the Post’s analysis.

“On a five-year contract worth $96 million -- what he'd get from the Knicks or the Heat -- LeBron would pay $12.34 million in New York taxes.” Florida has no state income tax.

New Jersey and Ohio, the other reported frontrunners to attract James, also have state income taxes, but they are not as high as in New York. Based on a $96 million contract, James would pay $5.69 million in state taxes if he re-signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. If he signed with the New Jersey Nets, James would pay $10.32 million in state taxes.

Just for everybody - OH is no picnic when it comes to taxes. It generally shows up 3rd, 4th, 5th when they rate tax overall burden. Unreal benefits for public employees. Depending on county and area, property tax, utilities and sewage/water costs are murder.

Don't move here. I'm sorry I did. My wife retires next year, and though we will get out a bit above even selling the house - we can't stay here if we value our skin. There are large tax increases looming to support the lockstep voters - our Governor, by fiat, recently gave all welfare recipients a $100 just because. The union school systems are voracious - they float tax increases throughout the year to wear down the population, and exploit their students, sending them out on to the corners and in the neighborhoods where they utter obscenities and demand money.

Mirroring recent Federal law, state (as well as City of Cincinnati) projects must pay union prevailing wage. If you are not a supporter of the State, you will be discriminated against.

How craven.

We are gone-gone-gone.

So much talk about James to be the greatest one, he is now no more than a Pippen or Gasol. It's a big achievement to be like Pippen or Gasol for most players, but for James' talent, it's an underachievement.

Heat is always Wade's team and Wade already won a champion without James, how many champions does James win without Wade? No matter how many champions Heat wins the next few season, it's Wade's legacy and James will be remembered as Wade's sidekick.

And Bosh will probably be remembered as another Robert Horry.

So much talk about James to be the greatest one, he is now no more than a Pippen or Gasol. It's a big achievement to be like Pippen or Gasol for most players, but for James' talent, it's an underachievement.

Heat is always Wade's team and Wade already won a champion without James, how many champions does James win without Wade? No matter how many champions Heat wins the next few season, it's Wade's legacy and James will be remembered as Wade's sidekick.

And Bosh will probably be remembered as another Robert Horry.

Maybe that is how he wants to be remembered.

Maybe James is tired of being the focal point, why is that such a bad thing is that is what he wants deep down inside?

Maybe that is how he wants to be remembered.

Maybe James is tired of being the focal point, why is that such a bad thing is that is what he wants deep down inside?

Except he says he chooses Heat because he needs champion rings to be remembered as the great one. He even refers himself in the 3rd person like he is so great already.

It's not a bad thing, it's just ironic that he wants to be THE KING but doesn't realize he will be remembered as Wade's Queen.

Except he says he chooses Heat because he needs champion rings to be remembered as the great one. He even refers himself in the 3rd person like he is so great already.

It's not a bad thing, it's just ironic that he wants to be THE KING but doesn't realize he will be remembered as Wade's Queen.

history books havent been written yet. they havent won anything or lost anything yet (a point for either side).

it could easily be LeBron that lights up the court. we havent even seen them play yet and you guys are already determining how he will be remembered.

Kings lead. They don't follow.

He needs to hand back his "crown." He's a jester now.

The Tax Foundation had a much better analysis of this that takes into account the so-called Jock Tax - the tax pro athletes have to pay to states they play games in outside of their own state. If you take into account that Cleveland could have paid Lebron more than Miami due to NBA rules but then do the taxes and calculate the Jock Tax, Miami still comes out ahead but not by a rediculous margin (not that anyone probably did a huge tax analysis for him prior to making his decsion - it's still chump change when you're talking about that scale of money).

Tax Foundation Analysis

That is what I thought. Exactly.

Anyway... Long live baseball... You will see many more different teams in the WS than any salary capped game... True the Yanks and Red Sox will be there... But in the other games... Good luck! Only the big markets and the "chic." Hockey may be a little different from time to time, given the nature of the game.

Ralph gets too much heat. He is 90 years old. He never is cheap on spending for players. He hired TD who was the highest profile guy on the market. Ralph wants to win. He jsut doesn't know how.

Exactly!

He gets too much flak. He is a great businessman. The capped games promote chic markets. BFLO can never be chic. :devil: