LaMarr Woodley vs. Poz

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's B word and complain about a choice made three years ago by guys who don't even run the team anymore and let's compare that choice to someone in an entirely different system playing a different position.

Man the off-season is slow.

yeah - I agree

good thing the Bills cut loose Modrak and his bank of misfit scouts and the rest of the front office that has been intact for the last decade. :thumbsup:

How sad Levy traded up for Poz when they could have stayed where they were and drafted Woodley. Woodley is everything Poz isn't. The Steelers stay put, don't waste draft picks, get the better player, and pay him less.

Hey, that sounds like the Bills draft this year.

If you where grading Poz, the only grade you could give him right now is incomplete. He's nice in the passing game, but we really haven't seen what he can do against the run. What with the Bills D-line's total inability to keep the Linebacker's clean against the run the last few seasons, and his own unfortunate injuries. Either way this is shaping up to be a big season for Poz.

If you where grading Poz, the only grade you could give him right now is incomplete. He's nice in the passing game, but we really haven't seen what he can do against the run. What with the Bills D-line's total inability to keep the Linebacker's clean against the run the last few seasons, and his own unfortunate injuries. Either way this is shaping up to be a big season for Poz.

He would get a C-.

Over the past 3 years he has been very average in the passing game.

I give him average because he showed signs of getting better the second half of the season but he still leaves the middle extremely vulnerable.

You said we still haven't seen what he can do against the run??? What do you think he has been doing the last 3 years?

There is usually a 3 year learning curve for QB's and WR's.. not LB's. A LB should be flourishing after 3 years. Your making excuses.

All LB's have to shed blocks..Poz doesn't. No line is going to be able to keep the LB clean all of the time.

But when he does make the hit on the runner, the runner usually gets more yardage after the hit....can we blame this on the DL as well?

I would like to see Poz have a break out season this year but something tells me it will be business as usual. I honestly thought he would be better on the outside.

Most good LB's bloom quicker than the 5 year plan that Poz seems to be on. The list provided is a good example.

He plays like a 4th or 5th rounder.

It's funny that we have 2 groups of fans regarding Poz. We have people who completely overrated him as a 2nd round draft pick and set up unreal expectations for him. Then we have another group that tries to find ways to bash him.

Poz has missed games with a broken arm. However, he is turning into a very solid young LB who should be even better in a 3-4. And I love Fletcher but you're comparing apples to apples. Fletcher is in his 13th year, Poz is entering his 4th after essentially missing an entire year. Also, Fletcher plays behind a guy who signed the richest defensive contract in history at DT. I'm sure Poz would look a lot better behind Fat Albert too.

Why fans try hard to hate on the few good players we have is beyond me. Poz is a very solid and improving LB.

I don't hate on Poz I just see him as the average solid contributor that he is. He is not a star or a star in the making. Totally unfair comments about Fletcher by the way. He has gotten it done FOR YEARS. 13 or 14 I think you mentioned. He only played with "Fat Albert" last year. For shame trying to explain away his success because he played behind Haynesworth 1 or 2 years. I have an idea but I honestly do think that fans give Poz way too much credit. That is not saying he is bad but I'm also not saying he is great. His on field performance doesn't match up to his rep. Another example.

Whitner is an average solid NFL safety. Whitner was drafted in the first round so since he is not a super star people want to trade him for some bubble gum and pocket lint. We move up in the second round using up additional draft picks including our second round pick to get a guy that is not as good as the guy he replaced and he is a fan favorite.

Hrmm, maybe it has something to do with how Poz spells his last name?

Let's B word and complain about a choice made three years ago by guys who don't even run the team anymore and let's compare that choice to someone in an entirely different system playing a different position.

Good luck with that. People are still moaning about Donte Whitner and will be moaning about Maybin unless he gets his ass in gear this year.

It's funny that we have 2 groups of fans regarding Poz. We have people who completely overrated him as a 2nd round draft pick and set up unreal expectations for him. Then we have another group that tries to find ways to bash him.

Poz has missed games with a broken arm. However, he is turning into a very solid young LB who should be even better in a 3-4. And I love Fletcher but you're comparing apples to apples. Fletcher is in his 13th year, Poz is entering his 4th after essentially missing an entire year. Also, Fletcher plays behind a guy who signed the richest defensive contract in history at DT. I'm sure Poz would look a lot better behind Fat Albert too.

Why fans try hard to hate on the few good players we have is beyond me. Poz is a very solid and improving LB.

This is an excellent take on POZ, I could not have analyzed him any better, if he stays healthy, and that is somewhat of a big if, he will be dominant this year and beyond. Maybe he got injured due to his aggresiveness, and forcefullness of his hits. I would like to see him in on more blitzes, let him use some more of that athleticism to create havoc in opponents backfields. Fletcher is better now, but we have not seen POZ's entire body of work yet, so it is a little premature to compare the two. Jack Ham saying he is the best linebacker every to play for linebacker U, has to mean something.

[/quote

Thank god u said it! Sumtimes I can't understand these maniacs on here...

yeah - I agree

good thing the Bills cut loose Modrak and his bank of misfit scouts and the rest of the front office that has been intact for the last decade. :censored:

If you think Modrak and the scouts make the decision to pull the trigger on draft day, congrats you are the biggest moron. Those picks were made by Jauron, Levy, and (maybe) Wilson. The scouting department provides info to the decision makers, not the other way around.

What a dumb comparison. Poz has been a 4-3 MLB and Woodley is a 3-4 OLB. Woodley is mainly a pass rusher who plays for one of the greatest DCs and most aggresive defenses in the NFL. Poz played in a 4-3 Cover 2. Stupid comparison but given the source, I'm not surprised.

+1 . Put Poz on the Steelers w/ Dick L. instead of Dick Jauron and watch what happens. Poz is a great player. I don't understand the mindless criticisms of him.

+1 . Put Poz on the Steelers w/ Dick L. instead of Dick Jauron and watch what happens. Poz is a great player. I don't understand the mindless criticisms of him.

He's on the Bills. As we all know, there is not one players on the Bills who would start for any other team

If you think Modrak and the scouts make the decision to pull the trigger on draft day, congrats you are the biggest moron. Those picks were made by Jauron, Levy, and (maybe) Wilson. The scouting department provides info to the decision makers, not the other way around.

sure - the head of college scouting has no input into the draft process

OK- I see how that makes in Bills fantasy land where no one has accountability for their actions,- but no where else in the real world is that tolerated 

maybe that's why Modrak is happy with his work from home part time gig for the Bills

sure - the head of college scouting has no input into the draft process

OK- I see how that makes in Bills fantasy land where no one has accountability for their actions,- but no where else in the real world is that tolerated 

maybe that's why Modrak is happy with his work from home part time gig for the Bills

Were Nix and Gailey around when the team chose Poz? No. Modrak has input? Of course he does he and all the scouts under him have input. They gave their assessment of Poz and every other draftee to the PEOPLE THAT MADE THE DECISION ON DRAFT DAY. Those people, with the possible exception of RW, are gone. Is this that difficult to understand? Or are you just trying to defend your idiotic point to the death? I know, this is how you think it goes right:

Ralph Wilson: Hey Buddy, we need a GM. You want the job?

Buddy Nix: Sure, sounds like a great opportunity. I get to pick our next head coach right?

RW: Of course, of course. Here's the thing though. Whomever you pick, you guys won't really have any say on player personnel. You see, we have scouts that pick our players on draft day. Even though you and the head coach are the ones who get thrown to the media after every loss, you ain't got no say on who actually plays on the team. Modrak and the scouts pick the team. Even though they're anonymous and never have to answer for their picks. You do. Sounds good?

BN: ....

That's what happened with Levy and Jauron 3 years ago right? They didn't have final say on draft picks even though they were the HEAD COACH and GENERAL MANAGER? Modrak made all the decisions? Idiot

Were Nix and Gailey around when the team chose Poz? No. Modrak has input? Of course he does he and all the scouts under him have input. They gave their assessment of Poz and every other draftee to the PEOPLE THAT MADE THE DECISION ON DRAFT DAY. Those people, with the possible exception of RW, are gone. Is this that difficult to understand? Or are you just trying to defend your idiotic point to the death? I know, this is how you think it goes right:

Ralph Wilson: Hey Buddy, we need a GM. You want the job?

Buddy Nix: Sure, sounds like a great opportunity. I get to pick our next head coach right?

RW: Of course, of course. Here's the thing though. Whomever you pick, you guys won't really have any say on player personnel. You see, we have scouts that pick our players on draft day. Even though you and the head coach are the ones who get thrown to the media after every loss, you ain't got no say on who actually plays on the team. Modrak and the scouts pick the team. Even though they're anonymous and never have to answer for their picks. You do. Sounds good?

BN: ....

That's what happened with Levy and Jauron 3 years ago right? They didn't have final say on draft picks even though they were the HEAD COACH and GENERAL MANAGER? Modrak made all the decisions? Idiot

To be fair though, there is the very real possibility here of "garbage in, garbage out". Whoever is making the decisions is relying on getting good advice from his staff. If his staff is crap, he is either going to make some big mistakes, have to re-do everything (in this case the scouting) himself, or float through a minefield with little more than a rabbit's foot as his guide.

Marv Levy confirmed himself that he was a figurehead within the organization. He said that he had always wanted, liked, and had had significant push in the war room on draft day as the head coach. So, as GM he wanted to do whatever the HC thought was best.

+1 . Put Poz on the Steelers w/ Dick L. instead of Dick Jauron and watch what happens. Poz is a great player :rolleyes: . I don't understand the mindless criticisms of him.

Great... an argument that can never be refuted or proven. The only we know for sure is that POZ is NOT a great player. Hopefully, he will be have a great year and make some big plays but for now he really is not a top player in this league. I guess that would be a mindless criticism in your book.