Need to win 12 games or totally flame out

The problem with the Bills is that we are never bad enough to get good. 6-10 to 8-8 keeps us picking in the middle of the first. I either want us to win 12 games this year or win 2. If we play ourself out of getting Mallet, Locker, or Luck because Gailey manages to win 7 games the vicious cycle will continue and we will never get any better. If he strikes gold and finds a way to win 12....fine. If we can't do that then here is to 2-14 and a brighter future.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with the Bills is that we are never bad enough to get good. 6-10 to 8-8 keeps us picking in the middle of the first. I either want us to win 12 games this year or win 2. If we play ourself out of getting Mallet, Locker, or Luck because Gailey manages to win 7 games the vicious cycle will continue and we will never get any better. If he strikes gold and finds a way to win 12....fine. If we can't do that then here is to 2-14 and a brighter future.

It's not an either/or proposition.

The Steelers and Patriots didn't need to go 2-14 to turn their teams around.

The Bills can enjoy a good building block season, finish around .500, and still improve the following season.

People act as if there's only one template for success.

Ask Detroit, Tampa, and the Rams how this is working out for them.

The Bills can enjoy a good building block season, finish around .500, and still improve the following season.

Absolutely agree. Many ways to succeed. Having the #3 pick and taking Mike Williams was not one of them. So many good players to be had in the later rounds and even with undrafted free agents. It's just finding them. Some teams are good at that and some not. I think Buffalo is switching from a team that was bad at that to a team that is once again good at it. Only time will tell.

We are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year...

PTR

Amongst those people, are the Bills brain-trust.

We are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football yet we keep winning 6-7 games a year...

PTR

You know what, PTR? When you compare our W-L record over the last ten years to every other team's and you discover we're in the bottom two or three teams, then yeah, we are absolutely one of the worst teams in football over the last ten years.

Ask Detroit, Tampa, and the Rams how this is working out for them.

Absolutely agree. Many ways to succeed. Having the #3 pick and taking Mike Williams was not one of them. So many good players to be had in the later rounds and even with undrafted free agents. It's just finding them. Some teams are good at that and some not. I think Buffalo is switching from a team that was bad at that to a team that is once again good at it. Only time will tell.

and you can always package picks to trade up and get the player you want? rooting for your team to lose for draft position is just a pathetic way of looking at things

What they said. :beer:

So are you an optimist or pessimist?

I believe that I'm a realistic optimist. I would like for nothing more than to be able to shout from the rooftops that the Bills have what it takes to compete, but the realist in me makes that impossible.

:beer: i guess i'm a bad, bad fan :devil:

I believe that I'm a realistic optimist. I would like for nothing more than to be able to shout from the rooftops that the Bills have what it takes to compete, but the realist in me makes that impossible.

:beer: i guess i'm a bad, bad fan :devil:

Not just a bad, bad fan, but apparently a bad, bad human being as well. Oh what a pathetic wretch, ye non-optimist be!

So if the Bills are 9-6 and playing for a playoff spot in Week 17, you'd say "Screw this, the season's a waste, let's just lose and draft in the top 20?"

You are aware that franchise QBs are only found with the first 5 picks aren't you?

So if the Bills are 9-6 and playing for a playoff spot in Week 17, you'd say "Screw this, the season's a waste, let's just lose and draft in the top 20?"

Based upon the OP's original statement... yup... it'd 12 wins or bust...

PTR.... you forgot to add..."without a real coach and QB we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football, yet without...." :beer:

Based upon the OP's original statement... yup... it'd 12 wins or bust...

PTR.... you forgot to add..."without a real coach and QB we keep winning 6-7 games a year yet we are the worst team in football, yet without...." :beer:

I'm saying become a real team that wins serious games (divisional) and has a real record or pick someone next year that can change it. If they want to finish 7-9 and then trade up into the top 5 to get a QB....fine. I guess they don't have to finish with a terrible record to do that. Someone would have to tell me the last time the Bills traded up to do something like that because I am pretty sure it is never. I am not rooting for them to loose, I am rooting for them to get better.