Pessimistic Fans Should be Heard Too

mpl6876

Why shouldn't we have our separate little forum?

Offense

(1) No new QB - this core is one of the worst in the NFL.

Front office response draft Levi Jones and stick with what we have.....

No Clausen, No Mcnabb, No Tebow, No McCoy, No Campbell. Clearly, the opportunites were there to "upgrade" the

position.

(2) Weak offensive line with a medicore center, unproven and inexperienced left tackle, and a medicore RT.

Front office response Draft Wang and stick with who we have.

Basically, we are starting the same OL we had as last year with the exception of RT. Which by the way Butler was/is better than Green. The OL wasn't good last year and I don't think it will be much better this year. Perhaps, slightly better but that's still not very good.

(3) Very weak wide recievers. Besides Lee Evans who else do we have? A bunch of let's hope and see. I'll be watching...

Front office response draft Easley a "raw" one year wonder out of UCONN.

(4) Not a believer that Coach Galiey is some magican who can wave his magic wand and make this offense productive. A coach still needs to have the players....

(5) Will we ever have a receiving TE who can split the seam of the defense downfield? I was hoping Nelson could be that guy but who knows...All the other TE are big bodied guys with no vertical threat.

Offensive Summary

How the hell are the Bills going to win games with that many offensive holes, issues and lack of personell?

Teams will "stack the box" and squat on the short routes thus taking away our running game. Force the Bills to beat them deep which hasn't happened in years and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Defense

(1) I love the switch to the 3-4. Coach Edwards has his hands full. Lots and lots of adjustments and learning to do. NFL

facts show that this transition takes time and we will be no different.

Good front office move with growing pains..

(2) Who is going to rush the QB? Schobel is gone and he is our best pass rusher. Even with him, our pass rush sucked. I don't know how we are going to pressure the QB. I am not sold on Maybin or anyone else on our roster?

Front office response ???????

(3) How are we going to stop the run? We haven't been able to stop the run for years. One of the wrost in the NFL for the last 2-3 years and counting.

Front office response draft Troup with the second pick.

What were they thinking?????They could have drafted this guys in the 4th, 5th or 6th round. This guy is light in the ass (315) and will take time to develop. Fills a need but he will do little this year and we reached for him. Mt Cody and Cam Thomas were still on the board too.

Defensive Summary

Teams will continue to run on us because the pieces still aren't in place to stop the run. A work in progress

Teams will be able to pass on us due to the lack of pass rush.

Our Linebackers will face passing mismatches that teams will exploit.

Our secondary is very good but they can't hold of the recievers forever.

Overall summary

This year is going to be ugly. At best 6 wins but more likely 4-5 wins. At worst 3 wins.

Of course there will be key injuries to players that make us less effective. It is just part of football and many fans don't take this into consideration.

JUST ONE GUYS SUBJECTIVE BREAKDOWN....... NEVERTHELES, A BILLS FAN FOR LIFE!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading such a well written and thorough thread, any reader will realize that this doom and gloom rhetoric is on EVERY thread at TBD. Tell us something we haven't heard.

I'm going back to rearranging the letters on my #21 McGahee jersey to spell 'Spiller'

No. Not really. Most of the pessimists b*** just to b***. Using no common sense and following what other pessimists say. Not using their own brains. Not saying some have valid points but Hearing negative crap ALL THE TIME gets old. Real old, fast. I mean seriously, stop nit pickin. There will ALWAYS be things to wory about and have questions about. And there is also the inverse when things are looking up that go south. So why don't the pessimists stop b***ing and just sit back, relax, have a beer or 15 and enjoy the Buffalo Bills. I almost stopped coming to the forums because of the negative things. But I felt the good fight needed to be fought and I needed to come back and stick up for this team. Join the good guys and get excited! Its ALWAYS exciting to see another year. GO BILLS!!!!

You have close to 300 posts in a little over a month and they all pretty much say the same thing. You are having no problem being heard.

Thanks, I would like to thank you and most everyone else for being thoughtful, professional, and curtious listeners.

Just wanted to have most all my thoughts on one posting. After about week 8, I will refer this Special Posting" to so many of my fans here.

Another favorite quote of mine " He who laughs last laughs the loudest."

You have close to 300 posts in a little over a month and they all pretty much say the same thing. You are having no problem being heard.

I just want to make sure you don't forget what I have been saying. In case you do, I'll remind you around mid season.

Overall, I agree with most of the original post with one exception, the knocking of the front office. I believe they're following through with the plan to build through the draft & develop players together. With a few exceptions, they only get one pick per round, especially the early rounds. You can't build through the draft in 1 offseason. There's no point in going after names like Clausen to solve a QB hole if they don't like Clausen. They have to go with their feelings on players, not Mel Kiper's.

This is a 3 year rebuilding project. Those calling for the quick fix veteran free agents are missing the whole point. Think 1985 Bills when the team had a great draft but still had no starting QB (although we already had rights to a future HOF QB at the time). Even that team took 3 more years, 4 seasons, to win the AFC East, 3 of those seasons with Bill Polian at the helm in the front office. So let's give the front office a chance before we complain about their inactivity. Once they get their core of young players, including the likely addition of the QB next draft, then we can spend $ on key free agents. If the plan works the 2012 Bills will be a major player in the NFL.

This season is bleak, especially in the W-L column. You can still enjoy a losing season by being a true optimist. A true optimist looks at the big picture. Sure I'm pessimistic about the W-L record for 2010, I'm looking ahead with a lot of optimism. Those claiming optimism for this season are ignoring all the evidence against it & rail on the more realistic among us as pessimists. Their problem is they can't see the forest from the trees. They will bag on anyone who doesn't think we're tons better than last year and any time you say something about the fact there aren't too many wins coming this year, they scream pessimist. They will likely be the first to start posting "Fire Gailey" a few games into the season, because the results will be worse than Jauron/Fewell and they haven't grasped the reality of what the 1st year of a three year rebuild is all about.

Overall, I agree with most of the original post with one exception, the knocking of the front office. I believe they're following through with the plan to build through the draft & develop players together. With a few exceptions, they only get one pick per round, especially the early rounds. You can't build through the draft in 1 offseason. There's no point in going after names like Clausen to solve a QB hole if they don't like Clausen. They have to go with their feelings on players, not Mel Kiper's.

This is a 3 year rebuilding project. Those calling for the quick fix veteran free agents are missing the whole point. Think 1985 Bills when the team had a great draft but still had no starting QB (although we already had rights to a future HOF QB at the time). Even that team took 3 more years, 4 seasons, to win the AFC East, 3 of those seasons with Bill Polian at the helm in the front office. So let's give the front office a chance before we complain about their inactivity. Once they get their core of young players, including the likely addition of the QB next draft, then we can spend $ on key free agents. If the plan works the 2012 Bills will be a major player in the NFL.

This season is bleak, especially in the W-L column. You can still enjoy a losing season by being a true optimist. A true optimist looks at the big picture. Sure I'm pessimistic about the W-L record for 2010, I'm looking ahead with a lot of optimism. Those claiming optimism for this season are ignoring all the evidence against it & rail on the more realistic among us as pessimists. Their problem is they can't see the forest from the trees. They will bag on anyone who doesn't think we're tons better than last year and any time you say something about the fact there aren't too many wins coming this year, they scream pessimist. They will likely be the first to start posting "Fire Gailey" a few games into the season, because the results will be worse than Jauron/Fewell and they haven't grasped the reality of what the 1st year of a three year rebuild is all about.

I really appreciate your candid, professional, and well stated response. I respect your knowledge and your opinion. I look forward to reading more of your responses on the forum.

Actually, I would probably welcome the whiners and haters having their own forum. It could be called "www.billssuck.com", and it would probably have the same 5-6 threads, all pinned:

Our QB sucks!

Our LT/RT sucks!

Our Coaching sucks!

Our Front Office sucks!

Dick Jauron sucks! (for those who just can't get over it)

Ralph is cheap!

Have I left anything out? Heck, there could even be polls, and a Hall of Fame. And all the whiners and haters with zero patience can sit there all day and post their collective diatribe.

Because if the whiners and haters actually DID set up "www.billssuck.com", we might actually get Tim Graham back on board. Somehow John Wawrow came back...who knows, there's always promise.

I'm not saying that a board full of rosy-eyed zombies would make for the most even-keeled forum, but the whiners and haters just make this place intolerable. I'm enjoying the ability to post here again during the off season, and will continue to do so until (e.g.) November when the Bills are (e.g.) 4-10. This place just becomes a bitter, twisted collective suicide watch. If I want anger, venom and shrill howling, I have a job. I get paid to listen to it there.

I mean, Jesus, don't you ever get tired of whining?

Actually, I would probably welcome the whiners and haters having their own forum. It could be called "www.billssuck.com", and it would probably have the same 5-6 threads, all pinned:

Our QB sucks!

Our LT/RT sucks!

Our Coaching sucks!

Our Front Office sucks!

Ralph is cheap!

Have I left anything out? Heck, there could even be polls, and a Hall of Fame. And all the whiners and haters with zero patience can sit there all day and post their collective diatribe.

Because if the whiners and haters actually DID set up "www.billssuck.com", we might actually get Tim Graham back on board. Somehow John Wawrow came back...who knows, there's always promise.

I'm not saying that a board full of rosy-eyed zombies would make for the most even-keeled forum, but the whiners and haters just make this place intolerable. I'm enjoying the ability to post here again during the off season, and will continue to do so until (e.g.) November when the Bills are (e.g.) 4-10. This place just becomes a bitter, twisted collective suicide watch. If I want anger, venom and shrill howling, I have a job. I get paid to listen to it there.

You forgot:

The Bills are Moving to...

Trade THIS bum!

The Bust of the Month!

How Much Longer Can We Take THIS?

FAs We MUST Get!

Trade Up For Better Players!

Trade Down For More Picks!

Oh, it'd be a grand site. A grand site indeed. Just like 2/3s of TBD.

Our QB sucks!

Our LT/RT sucks!

Our Coaching sucks!

Our Front Office sucks!

Ralph is cheap!

Being a Bills fan certainly takes its toll on some people.... LOL!

No. Not really. Most of the pessimists b*** just to b***. Using no common sense and following what other pessimists say. Not using their own brains. Not saying some have valid points but Hearing negative crap ALL THE TIME gets old. Real old, fast. I mean seriously, stop nit pickin. There will ALWAYS be things to wory about and have questions about. And there is also the inverse when things are looking up that go south. So why don't the pessimists stop b***ing and just sit back, relax, have a beer or 15 and enjoy the Buffalo Bills. I almost stopped coming to the forums because of the negative things. But I felt the good fight needed to be fought and I needed to come back and stick up for this team. Join the good guys and get excited! Its ALWAYS exciting to see another year. GO BILLS!!!!

Does this thread seem like it's for you? There's one just down the page for people with your unreasonable biases.

There's a thread just down the page for Kool-Aid sucking wackos.

I'm really enjoying this.

Offense

No Clausen, No Mcnabb, No Tebow, No McCoy, No Campbell. Clearly, the opportunites were there to "upgrade" the

position.

(2) Weak offensive line with a medicore center, unproven and inexperienced left tackle, and a medicore RT.

Basically, we are starting the same OL we had as last year with the exception of RT. Which by the way Butler was/is better than Green. The OL wasn't good last year and I don't think it will be much better this year. Perhaps, slightly better but that's still not very good.

(3) Very weak wide recievers. Besides Lee Evans who else do we have? A bunch of let's hope and see. I'll be watching...

(4) Not a believer that Coach Galiey is some magican who can wave his magic wand and make this offense productive. A coach still needs to have the players....

(5) Will we ever have a receiving TE who can split the seam of the defense downfield? I was hoping Nelson could be that guy but who knows...All the other TE are big bodied guys with no vertical threat.

Offensive Summary

How the hell are the Bills going to win games with that many offensive holes, issues and lack of personell?

Teams will "stack the box" and squat on the short routes thus taking away our running game. Force the Bills to beat them deep which hasn't happened in years and I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Defense

(1) I love the switch to the 3-4. Coach Edwards has his hands full. Lots and lots of adjustments and learning to do. NFL

(2) Who is going to rush the QB? Schobel is gone and he is our best pass rusher. Even with him, our pass rush sucked. I don't know how we are going to pressure the QB. I am not sold on Maybin or anyone else on our roster?

(3) How are we going to stop the run? We haven't been able to stop the run for years. One of the wrost in the NFL for the last 2-3 years and counting.

What were they thinking?????They could have drafted this guys in the 4th, 5th or 6th round. This guy is light in the ass (315) and will take time to develop. Fills a need but he will do little this year and we reached for him. Mt Cody and Cam Thomas were still on the board too.

Defensive Summary

Teams will continue to run on us because the pieces still aren't in place to stop the run. A work in progress

Overall summary

This year is going to be ugly. At best 6 wins but more likely 4-5 wins. At worst 3 wins.

Of course there will be key injuries to players that make us less effective. It is just part of football and many fans don't take this into consideration.

Agree on Cody and Cam Thomas regarding Troupe. Defensive secondary is very good which will help the defensive running game. Your points are valid.

Offense

position.

Offensive Summary

Defense

Defensive Summary

Overall summary

Here's a thread you should read: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...p;hl=doom+gloom

It's pretty obvious that the new Bills regime is going in a new direction and blowing up what Dick Levy tried to build. The strength of the Dick Levy implementation was the defense and that is the first phase of the game being dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up. It's actually not an entirely new strategy as Dick Levy started their era by letting Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy, et.al. go so they could install the Tampa-2, which was the "What's Cool" defense at the time. On the other hand, this time around the rebuilding is starting from the trenches rather than in the secondary.

Maybe this time around they'll make some good decisions that pan out and have the time to address their overall plan. Though with Ralph's age (not the mention the age of our first-time and once retired GM himself), time is not exactly on their side.

It's an open forum for talking about a GAME so there really is no logical reason to rant against other opinions. It's foolish on your part, and you are not alone.

I think a lot of the so-called optimists here think they have an illuminated take, but are actually people who can't keep their hobby in perspective. Some pessimists as well, though I think a decade of losing has weeded out those who need to feel good about the Bills for their own well being.

It's not that big of a deal, really. If the Bills don't win enough, they should be held accountable because it's a product and the object of the game is to win. If you are otherwise entertained and choose to accept losing and rebuilding without complaint, then good but the object is to win.

Our QB sucks!

Our LT/RT sucks!

Our Coaching sucks!

Our Front Office sucks!

Ralph is cheap!