Brady and Pat* having issues

I don't think he'll be on the team after this year unless he takes a big pay cut. That team is all Belichick (witness the 11-5 record he amassed with Matt Cassell). He's like the Alex Ferguson of the NFL. He's cutthroat and doesn't care what you've meant to the team in the past.

Think back 5 years ago when Brady signed this deal. He actually gave the Pats* a HUGE discount, with the idea that they would keep the players they needed to maintain the dynasty. Instead the Pats* let certain players walk, players Brady felt were key to their success.

Now he feels like they lied to him and he's pissed. I expect him to look for a new deal that makes up for the discount he gave them. Cue the "Let's trade for Tom Brady" threads.

PTR

You mean Brady's not at OTA's? I have to question his commitment to his team.

Yeah, his participation in OTAs has not been the same since they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl.

"Conversely, the Patriots’ brass, now experiencing a third consecutive offseason in which their California-raised quarterback has spent a sizeable chunk of time away from the team’s facility…"

"Coincidentally" his career has taken a downturn since then.

But of course the two things are not related.

As you and others have already established, OTAs have no bearing on regular season performance.

Yeah, his participation in OTAs has not been the same since they lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl.

"Conversely, the Patriots’ brass, now experiencing a third consecutive offseason in which their California-raised quarterback has spent a sizeable chunk of time away from the team’s facility…"

As you and others have already established, OTAs have no bearing on regular season performance.

What do you expect having a California QB?

Quite an interesting way to do business. Up until now, this system of not overpaying for talent has served the Patriots culture of winning very well. The article even mentions Brady not taking what he could probably have gotten in order to make the team more competitive by having more spending cash on hand.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: we are witnessing the beginning of the wheels falling off the dynasty that has been the New England Patriots of the 21st Century. Perhaps key is that the mastermind behind the talent- Scott Pioli- is now in KC turning them around. The older, experienced vets that have been responsible for those 3 Super Bowl wins are retiring (Bruschi, Harrison) or traded (Seymour), or are just not being offered contracts that offset the team structure (Gay). With Pioli gone, the Patriots are not replacing the talent w/similar talent as they did so remarkably well this past decade.

Not to mention that alot of the success of that team started with Bill Parcells.

I question the handling of Brady if, in fact, the Patriots want to play hard ball and view Brady as somehow expendable given his age, contract, etc. But I don't think the Patriots would try to jettison their ticket to the Super Bowl.

At least, I don't think so.

Quite an interesting way to do business. Up until now, this system of not overpaying for talent has served the Patriots culture of winning very well. The article even mentions Brady not taking what he could probably have gotten in order to make the team more competitive by having more spending cash on hand.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: we are witnessing the beginning of the wheels falling off the dynasty that has been the New England Patriots of the 21st Century. Perhaps key is that the mastermind behind the talent- Scott Pioli- is now in KC turning them around. The older, experienced vets that have been responsible for those 3 Super Bowl wins are retiring (Bruschi, Harrison) or traded (Seymour), or are just not being offered contracts that offset the team structure (Gay). With Pioli gone, the Patriots are not replacing the talent w/similar talent as they did so remarkably well this past decade.

Not to mention that alot of the success of that team started with Bill Parcells.

I question the handling of Brady if, in fact, the Patriots want to play hard ball and view Brady as somehow expendable given his age, contract, etc. But I don't think the Patriots would try to jettison their ticket to the Super Bowl.

At least, I don't think so.

If Brady goes, then the Pats will be at the bottom of the AFC East.

Wait just a minute I haven't established anything. :)

Didn't they beat us twice with Cassell as the Starter..................

It was also basically the same team that went 16-0 the year before. Last year's Pats went 10-6 and looked as mortal as they ever have.

And I used to have a ton of respect for Brady, but he has become a whiney, douche lately. If anyone breathes on him, he starts crying to the refs for a flag (and the ref will throw it). If we ever beat them again, that will almost feel as good as a SB.

It's the offseason and NFL writers have nothing more to do than concoct theories that'll draw them headlines. This is one such story.

Brady will play 4/5 more years at a very high level, and do so with the Pats, while beating most teams he plays in the process. Par for the course.

Didn't they beat us twice with Cassell as the Starter..................

And we had a secondary coach as a head coach. Plus, that Pat's team Cassel was a part of went 18-1 the year before with the same players.

How did Cassel do against the Bills last year? 224 yards passing, 0 TDs and 4 INT's.

And we had a secondary coach as a head coach. Plus, that Pat's team Cassel was a part of went 18-1 the year before with the same players.

How did Cassel do against the Bills last year? 224 yards passing, 0 TDs and 4 INT's.

Just sayin'..It's been years since we beat them so I'll just wait until it happens once.

Think back 5 years ago when Brady signed this deal. He actually gave the Pats* a HUGE discount, with the idea that they would keep the players they needed to maintain the dynasty. Instead the Pats* let certain players walk, players Brady felt were key to their success.

Now he feels like they lied to him and he's pissed. I expect him to look for a new deal that makes up for the discount he gave them. Cue the "Let's trade for Tom Brady" threads.

PTR

should we?

PTR

Agreed on the discount concept ..... at the end of the day I just don't think Brady will leave Bellicheat and the Patsies*