Cushing wins re-vote

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do performance enhancing drugs and make something of your life. :rolleyes: That pretty much is the message they're sending, IMO. This is one of the greatest injustices sports has seen in recent years.

My take is this just showed what a b-llshit award it really is, to have someone that tested positive for performance enhancing drugs during the season and still gets voted for.

Don't want to hear about ; well it wasn't steroids... it's what they take to mask their steroid use .

Whomever voted for Cushing the second time should sit down and rethink their views and values on more than sports awards!!!!!!!

The argument I heard regarding voting for Cushing is that since he tested positive in September and was under constant testing afterwards and didn't fail again, he played the entire season steroid-free. I guess that's plausible. Or maybe he did a better job masking it?

BTW, I thought you received a warning the first time and only got suspended after that? Or am I thinking of something else?

Good. The NFL allowed the AP to vote already knowing Cushing had failed. If the NFL does not care then why should the AP? There should have never been a re-vote in the first place. The NFL put the AP voters in an awful ethical dilemma and the AP just pushed back. I have no problem with it. Let the NFL deal with having the AP DROY on HCG -- not the AP's fault.

Do performance enhancing drugs and make something of your life. :rolleyes: That pretty much is the message they're sending, IMO. This is one of the greatest injustices sports has seen in recent years.

It is really amazing when you compare baseball to football...in baseball, you get suspended for 50 games and you have a scarlet letter...in football, all they do is talk about how this will affect the team. What are they going to do without his production?? Football appears to not give a flying pigskin if it's players are juicing.

Do performance enhancing drugs and make something of your life. :unsure: That pretty much is the message they're sending, IMO. This is one of the greatest injustices sports has seen in recent years.

What do you say to a kid now, he cheated got caught, but still was crowned a winner. Good job AP!! :rolleyes:

Wow! I wonder how the voting journalists would feel if a major journalism award was given to someone who plagerized their articles?

This + 1,000. I really think someone should ask one of the journalists that.

I cannot wait to hear the reasoning behind this one... <_<

My take is this just showed what a b-llshit award it really is, to have someone that tested positive for performance enhancing drugs during the season and still gets voted for.

Don't want to hear about ; well it wasn't steroids... it's what they take to mask their steroid use .

Whomever voted for Cushing the second time should sit down and rethink their views and values on more than sports awards!!!!!!!

Cushing has a side business...he is a spirm bank himself...He charges a fee, and he will impregnate anyone who needs a donor. It's really up and up. I see nothing wrong with this. :rolleyes:<_<