Lonnie Harvey...surprise anchor!??????

I just ready an article on this guy on BB website, it's already posted on this site. Could this guy be a surprise contributor this year? He has the size to play NT, I guess we'll see how he plays in the preseason. If nothing more he may give them another body on their d-line...a massive body. If anyone gets a chance to read the article on the Bills sight about him, I like how he mentions the competition with Williams and Troupe at the position and how it's making them compete at a higher level.

i'd love to see this guy make the team and contribute. size and attitude make me want to like this guy. if he works out, nt could be a position of strength on this team...love to see it. and if all three work out, imagine the specialty/goal line packages!

What I thought was cute were the film clips shot from the International Space Station with the arrows and circles. Why bother? Just look for the biggest dude on the field.

He doesn't "pancake" people. He "crepes" them. The culinary types on the board will understand where I'm going here.

What I thought was cute were the film clips shot from the International Space Station with the arrows and circles. Why bother? Just look for the biggest dude on the field.

He doesn't "pancake" people. He "crepes" them. The culinary types on the board will understand where I'm going here.

maybe he even " palatschinkens " them XD

wow this dude can really move for a 347 lbs man. Now if he has the drive and awareness for the game then i'm glad he's getting a chance. I'm wondering why he didn't get drafted. Slipped under the radar? played for a smaller school and therefore other teams didn't scout him well enough or maybe thought he didn't go against big enough competition? If this behemoth pans out it would be a nice addition.

I just ready an article on this guy on BB website, it's already posted on this site. Could this guy be a surprise contributor this year? He has the size to play NT, I guess we'll see how he plays in the preseason. If nothing more he may give them another body on their d-line...a massive body. If anyone gets a chance to read the article on the Bills sight about him, I like how he mentions the competition with Williams and Troupe at the position and how it's making them compete at a higher level.

The Friggin' one has returned.

wow this dude can really move for a 347 lbs man. Now if he has the drive and awareness for the game then i'm glad he's getting a chance. I'm wondering why he didn't get drafted. Slipped under the radar? played for a smaller school and therefore other teams didn't scout him well enough or maybe thought he didn't go against big enough competition? If this behemoth pans out it would be a nice addition.

Russ Brandon can spin anything to sell tickets

Well He is a BIG guy and apperently has a high motor....... So ya know what that means....

Yeah, but he's black. Having a "high motor" is only a bad thing when you're white. :thumbsup:

wow this dude can really move for a 347 lbs man. Now if he has the drive and awareness for the game then i'm glad he's getting a chance. I'm wondering why he didn't get drafted.

Pat Williams didn't get drafted. Not saying he'll be as good, or even good.

The guy will most likely make the roster due to his size and quickness. All in all he should be on the final 53 we need a big nasty rotation in the front 7. Also if he proves to be able to mix in at the NT it allows Williams to shift over at DE once in a while. Getting a big nasty rotation on the D-line is important and if this guy can mix it up and give us depth then that's obviously a good thing.

Here is some info on him coming out of college...I really like his chances and I highlighted why I do...

http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=3624

Overview

Big tough MEAC run-stuffing true NT. Lonnie didn't do much for the Morgan Bears his first two season, but as a junior in 2007 he tallied 36 tackles (14 solo) with three sacks while blocking a field goal. During his senior year in 2008 he racked up 28 total tackles (17 solo) with 5.5 TFLs, a sack and a pick.

Strengths

Massive man who moves it around pretty good. Pure NT candidate. Walks people back when they are trying to pass pro. Swims well. Bull rushes with alacrity when the switch is on. Can fight a double team. Stones MEAC OGs when they are run blocking. Stats are under-inflated due to Morgan's religious rotation of their DTs

Weaknesses

Doesn't give consistent max effort. Doesn't always protect his legs. Bites on misdirection. Plays to the level of his opponent's effort. Doesn't make many plays away from the LOS. Has never played all of a team's defensive snaps so there will be questions surrounding stamina and conditioning. (This he is working on...proof is below...)

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3...92-6c105a6f0e8d

Yet another positive Harvey has taken from the Bills this offseason has been the hiring of John Gamble and Eric Ciano as co-strength and conditioning coaches. Harvey feels they’ve helped to improve his endurance.

“I feel great. I still feel like I can go,” he said after practice last weekend. “Thanks to the offseason conditioning program, I feel good.”

“I also take pride in being one of the most powerful people on the field at any given time. That’s not a cocky statement. I just have great confidence in my ability.”