Mosque coming to Ground Zero

But dust from the WTC fell on it, therefore it's a national historic shrine and shouldn't be defiled by those evil sand !@#$s. :flirt:

Point of note: the Constitution doesn't grant rights. It limits the government's ability to take them away. Important difference.

You're sick. Some of that "dust" contained the remains of Americans who's only crime was going to work that day.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm still not sure why this muslim mosque/complex should be built...

i'm seriously not trying to give you a hard time but i must be missing why this is a good idea?

Who says it has to be a 'good idea' in the opinion of anyone other than the people building it? As long as it does not violate laws, it is their right to build whatever they want on their land.

You're sick. Some of that "dust" contained the remains of Americans who's only crime was going to work that day.

Then how doyou feel about dump trucks, construction equipment & commuter trains directly tramping on that dust, instead of a site that's three blocks north?

Who says it has to be a 'good idea' in the opinion of anyone other than the people building it? As long as it does not violate laws, it is their right to build whatever they want on their land.

Exactly. If a black southern church wants to build right in the heart of Klan central in Alabama, that's their RIGHT. Doesn't make it a good idea...

Personally, I think enshrining every single thing in lower Manhattan that was touched by that dust is even sicker...

And that was the actual legal argument used to try to get the existing structure declared a historical landmark: it was "in the debris field" from the WTC - which literally, in this case, means it was exposed to dust. That "sick" (as you call it) argument was made by precisely the people whose position you're supporting. You want to throw stones, don't live in glass houses.

Edit: says a lot about you, too, that you object more to calling dust "dust" than you do to calling Muslims "sand !@#$s".

So to hell with anyone who might have sensitivies around this area and the symbolism of whats built there and/or may have questions or concerns about the project, and seeks to gain some understanding about Islam, the symbolic significance in the Muslim world of this project or Imam Rauf or.

If you hold any of these beliefs and concerns, youre an Un-American racist.

Yep...all you people.....just SHUT UP and keep quiet.

Good stance. Really.

Oh, by the way.......I just Google Earthed all you "tolerant" folks. Im going to buy the land behind your houses and build a giant all nude strip club/all night BBQ smelly smoke belching steakhouse with a drive through window (with extra loud, garbled PA system) and a back deck where bands will play death metal all night long. If you work nights, Im booking bands during the day. If you have kids, Im goingto sell liquor and butts alongside comic books of whatever favorite TV shows your kid likes.

Im sure you wont mind.

And dont respond with "Ill just go there" becuase Ill be sure to change my business to whatever would annoy you and your sensibilities the most.

After all...I have "the right."

So to hell with anyone who might have sensitivies around this area and the symbolism of whats built there and/or may have questions or concerns about the project, and seeks to gain some understanding about Islam, the symbolic significance in the Muslim world of this project or Imam Rauf or.

No, if you want to restrict religious freedom because of it, you're an un-American racist.

Oh,by the way.......I just Google Earthed all you "tolerant" folks. Im going to buy the land behind your houses and build a giant all nude strip club/all night BBQ steakhouse with a drive through window and back deck where bands will play death metal all night long.

Im sure you wont mind.

And dont respond with "Ill just go there" becuase Ill be sure to change my business to whatever would annoy you and your sensibilities the most.

Good luck getting it zoned. :flirt:

Good stance. Really.

Oh,by the way.......I just Google Earthed all you "tolerant" folks. Im going to buy the land behind your houses and build a giant all nude strip club/all night BBQ steakhouse with a drive through window and back deck where bands will play death metal all night long.

Im sure you wont mind. After all...I have "the right."

Harry Reid agrees with you on this one...........

Yep...all you people.....just SHUT UP and keep quiet.

Good stance. Really.

Oh, by the way.......I just Google Earthed all you "tolerant" folks. Im going to buy the land behind your houses and build a giant all nude strip club/all night BBQ smelly smoke belching steakhouse with a drive through window (with extra loud, garbled PA system) and a back deck where bands will play death metal all night long. If you work nights, Im booking bands during the day. If you have kids, Im goingto sell liquor and butts alongside comic books of whatever favorite TV shows your kid likes.

Im sure you wont mind.

I like bbq and heavy metal, but unfortunately I don't live in a business area...sorry, but please try again

Personally, I think enshrining every single thing in lower Manhattan that was touched by that dust is even sicker...

And that was the actual legal argument used to try to get the existing structure declared a historical landmark: it was "in the debris field" from the WTC - which literally, in this case, means it was exposed to dust. That "sick" (as you call it) argument was made by precisely the people whose position you're supporting. You want to throw stones, don't live in glass houses.

Edit: says a lot about you, too, that you object more to calling dust "dust" than you do to calling Muslims "sand !@#$s".

The minute you liberals accuse the other side of being a bunch of racists is the minute you have nothing legitimate to say.

As for the dust comment, the ones using it for their argument to stop the building of the mosque were referring to that dust as having human remains, you were obviously mocking them for which you needed to be called out on. It wasn't funny and you should feel ashamed for even phrasing it in a joking manner. You, Sean Penn and Micheal Moore can all move out of this country when we take it back this november from the liberal America haters like yourself.

No, if you want to restrict religious freedom because of it, you're an un-American racist.

Good luck getting it zoned. :flirt:

You might be supporting his point with this. You might want to open a dirty book store in a location that is correctly zoned as retail, but the governing body that approves your permit might say no because they know the nearby population won't want it there. They aren't saying you can't sell dirty books, just not there.

Saying no to a Mosque near ground zero doesn't restrict religious freedom. It might simply be because it's not a good fit for the neighborhood.

The minute you liberals accuse the other side of being a bunch of racists is the minute you have nothing legitimate to say.

As for the dust comment, the ones using it for their argument to stop the building of the mosque were referring to that dust as having human remains, you were obviously mocking them for which you needed to be called out on. It wasn't funny and you should feel ashamed for even phrasing it in a joking manner. You, Sean Penn and Micheal Moore can all move out of this country when we take it back this november from the liberal America haters like yourself.

Bring up Michael Moore.....that's real legit. Give the people a proper funeral and move on.

Nobody should mock the dead. It isn't funny when liberals do it, or when neocons do it.

So now you are all about putting a stop to anything that the over-sensitive crowd gets it's panties in a bunch over? I'll remember that the next time you get all upset over some group protesting Christmas decorations.

Im sure you wont mind.

Actually, no you don't. My neighborhood isn't zoned for tittie bars and BBQ joints. But nice attempt at a really lame, petty and irrelevant counterargument.

I wouldn't consider myself a liberal. But I do hate comments like that. America haters? Give me a break.

Nice petty argument that belies the fact that by removing civil liberties, like the freedom of religion, makes YOU an America hater.

I love how freedom of religion has devolved into a conservative vs. liberal pissing contest. What a great nation we've become...

That's what Bridgeport is for, right, KD?

:flirt:

:censored:

Ironically enough, the new mosque's neighborhood IS zoned for tittie bars and BBQ joints -- there was one of each just around the corner on Murray Street last time I was down there, so anyone going down to protest the dirty muzzies can stop in for a lap dance and some BBQ (try the Mac & Cheese and say hi to Dave the bartender).

Nice petty argument that belies the fact that by removing civil liberties, like the freedom of religion, makes YOU an America hater.

I love how freedom of religion has devolved into a conservative vs. liberal pissing contest. What a great nation we've become...

Just remember- some are more equal than others......