Mosque coming to Ground Zero

Did you not see on tv the celebrations throughout the Muslim world when word and pictures got out regarding the destruction of the towers? It was sickening.

What does that have to do with the mainstream muslim religion?

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it's the highjackers' screams of "Allahu Akbar!!!! Allahu Akbar!!!!" right before they turned the World Trade Center Twin Towers in the lower end of NYC into a gigantic, smoldering pile of rubble that included 2976 innocent people. You seriously need to get your head examined.

The only reason muslims here weren't cheering and dancing in the streets was because they were scared of us back then. If a 911 happened again I could see muslims dancing in the streets right here in America because they no longer respect us or our wuss of a president. The fact that they are even trying this just shows you how little respect they have for this country and the people in it.

Brother, I believe you err. The people who committed the atrocities of 9/11 may have been doing it in the name of Allah, but how many KKK lynchings invoked the name of the Christian God? Does that make Christianity somehow inherently evil?

Also, I disagree with your sentiment that Muslims in America are not part of "us". Look at the language you use. "They" were scared of "us". "They" don't respect "us". Brother, they ARE us. We are all one.

What does that have to do with the mainstream muslim religion?

Because I don't believe that it is just a "fringe" organization that was pleased to see the Towers go down. I believe that we "infidels" are much more widely despised than what some people want to admit.

Brother, I believe you err. The people who committed the atrocities of 9/11 may have been doing it in the name of Allah, but how many KKK lynchings invoked the name of the Christian God? Does that make Christianity somehow inherently evil?

Also, I disagree with your sentiment that Muslims in America are not part of "us". Look at the language you use. "They" were scared of "us". "They" don't respect "us". Brother, they ARE us. We are all one.

Uh huh, I can hear those KKK guys yelling "God Almighty" every time they kicked the barrel out from under their victims legs.

Because I don't believe that it is just a "fringe" organization that was pleased to see the Towers go down. I believe that we "infidels" are much more widely despised than what some people want to admit.

They are on the extreme end of the religion, but the mainstream is a lot more sympathetic to their cause than we're led to believe.

I think the sooner you and others realize that we are all just people, the only difference between a normal muslim from the middle east , a buddhist from China , a hindu from India and a christian from the Good Ol USA is the environment we live in and the customs that we were taught. Some people are naturally bad, some people are naturally good and we come from all backgrounds, ethnicities and religions. To lump most muslims into one group of hating individuals is sad, and really is just a reflection of how many people feel.

Maybe one day this sort of religous intolerance will recede, but I'm doubtful. It's been this way for thousands of years and it still exists today in many parts of the world.

This is why I believe they should reconsider building the mosque in another location, all this will do is further polarize American muslims and Jews and Christians.

We must be reading differing reports on the reaction. From what I've read, the number of those people who hold this opinion is a fraction.

Let me ask you this, what should the feelings be of the people of Oklahoma City when Tim McVie's family members build a museum honoring him next to the parking lot that was once the federal building? Would you be in favor of them doing this (because it's their legal right) or would you be opposed to that?

Holy Hail Mary of an analogy Batman.

Why don't we take it a step further?

I think that any military installations should be banned within 4 blocks of the Oklahoma City bombing because McVeigh learned his craft in the US military. I think it's very insensitive to the families to have military personnel anywhere near the site.

Here's a newsflash, no one in this area cares about the mosque of the cultural center. If they did, maybe they would have raised a bigger stink when the building became a mosque years ago.

How come no one is picketing Alan's Falafel stand directly across the steet from the Hole? How come no one is asking the two kufi wearing fruit vendors down the block about their opinions Hamas? You know why? Because it's as stupid as the false outrage that's been generated by this non-controversy.

We're at war with radical muslims. I don't trust muslims for that reason alone. If there is a faction of moderate muslims who want to fully assimilate into the American fabric then they've remained awfully quite for the last decade. I see their silence as a sign of support and approval. You want sharia law, then don't come here. You think American women are evil because of the way they dress, then don't come here. You think that we should all convert or be killed, then don't come here.

Even liberal France has had enough of their non-assimilating crap.

We're at war with radical muslims. I don't trust muslims for that reason alone. If there is a faction of moderate muslims who want to fully assimilate into the American fabric then they've remained awfully quite for the last decade. I see their silence as a sign of support and approval. You want sharia law, then don't come here. You think American women are evil because of the way they dress, then don't come here. You think that we should all convert or be killed, then don't come here.

And this is why we can never have a discussion. Do you see what you have done here?

I'm in a personal war with the Westboro Baptist Church. I don't trust Christians for that reason alone. Is that alright?

Do you realize that this is the exact same line of thought that allowed Japanese internment camps to happen?

...........I read somewhere once that the guesstimite for the amount of radical muslims in the world is about 2-3% of the muslim population

I also think that there's about 2 billion muslims in the world.

Looks like there are quite a few radical muslims out there.

If they did, would it be logical to assume that all Christians were tacitly responsible for the attack, and untrustworthy? I think that was Levi's point.

No, because I'm quite certain no verses in the New Testament call for the eradication of non-believers.

The beliefs aren't comparable.

I think the sooner you and others realize that we are all just people, the only difference between a normal muslim from the middle east , a buddhist from China , a hindu from India and a christian from the Good Ol USA is the environment we live in and the customs that we were taught. Some people are naturally bad, some people are naturally good and we come from all backgrounds, ethnicities and religions. To lump most muslims into one group of hating individuals is sad, and really is just a reflection of how many people feel.

Maybe one day this sort of religous intolerance will recede, but I'm doubtful. It's been this way for thousands of years and it still exists today in many parts of the world.

This is why I believe they should reconsider building the mosque in another location, all this will do is further polarize American muslims and Jews and Christians.

I didn't lump most muslims into a group of hating individuals. I said that it was more than just a very fringe group that despised us. When many people in the muslim world are cheering the destruction of the Twin Towers and the death of nearly 3000 people it is obviously more than just a fringe group. Their religion teaches that if a person is not muslim then they are an infidel. It teaches that if we are not converted to Islam then we are basically worthless and our lives are worthless too. A large proportion of their population believe in treating woman poorly. They move to a predominately christian nation and want to put in place sharia law. They don't want to assimilate, they want to take over (conquer).

This is a nation of laws and it is my opinion that the mosque should be allowed to go there if in fact the city would have allowed a church or synagogue to go there. It is also my opinion that it is stupid, insensitive and arrogant to want to go there in the first place. All they have done is stirred up resentment.

No, because I'm quite certain no verses in the New Testament call for the eradication of non-believers.

The beliefs aren't comparable.

The "only the New Testament counts" song and dance gets rather old after a while.

The "only the New Testament counts" song and dance gets rather old after a while.

Like it or not, it is THE canon for Christians. And, quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you think. It's what the MILLIONS of radical Muslims out there think that matters. And these millions of people want us all dead or enslaved. So, enjoy your moral relativism while it lasts. But pay attention to what's happening in Europe to get a rock-solid idea of what's in your future.

Like it or not, it is THE canon for Christians. And, quite frankly, it doesn't really matter what you think. It's what the MILLIONS of radical Muslims out there think that matters. And these millions of people want us all dead or enslaved. So, enjoy your moral relativism while it lasts. But pay attention to what's happening in Europe to get a rock-solid idea of what's in your future.

As long as the New Testament is your canon, you're fine by me (for the most part :ph34r: ).

Trust me when I say that I know that the "religion of peace" is actually quite the opposite. However, I think that my future will be just fine.

Do you realize that this is the exact same line of thought that allowed Japanese internment camps to happen?

I have a more "Dirty Harry" approach to world politics. I will never forget the dancing in the streets in the muslims countries after 911. Hence, I will forever have the impression that the majority of muslims were on the side of the terrorists. Maybe if I had seen a forceful and vocal blowback of the radicals by the supposed "moderate" muslims then I'd have a different feeling and impression. But from the silence that I've seen this last decade, that hasn't happened.