BROHM vs. Trentative

Chan has said there will be competition at the position, but anyone with half a brain knows that only one is going to get the first crack at the job. That person is going to be the most experienced QB. Everyone who thinks Brohm is the one, is just deluding themselves. Will he get a chance? Yes, but the first QB to get real practice time is going to be Edwards. People are very quick around here to forget how productive Edwards was before getting hit. He could still be beaten by another QB showing great performance, but it is going to be an uphill battle. If Brohm takes the starting positing, he will have to prove to be significantly better. The same with any other QB on the team.

Problem is... he gets hit on the first or second play of every game. So, yeah ok, he looks good on that first hand off. He looks great on that first drop back. Then, bam!, he gets hit; and the rest of the game he looks lost. We've been seeing that for how many games now?

Trent's biggest problem is one of confidence. He's lost confidence in himself; hence all the checkdowns and audibles to runs. He's lost the confidence of his team; as evidenced by his benching last year. Maybe he gets it back, I don't knnow. But, I'm not counting on it.

This offense sorely needs a leader. Trent has had 3 years to become that leader. All he'sdone is sulk into the shadows on the bench. If Brohm comes out and the other players respond to him as a leader... he'll be the starter.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I will be as I know this guy doesn't have what it takes, he sure as hell doesn't have the decision making abilities to run a wide open offense, he doesn't have the arm to get the ball down field 20 yards on a rope, his deep ball flutters and lastly...he isn't a leader or winner.

I thought Bills fans wanted a stronger armed, leader that can win as it's QB? Those backing Edwards keep wanting the Bills to fail, but that is their right I guess.

He might have 1 a few games in highschool

I remember watching the Atlanta game last year and something I noticed. On a 3 and long (7 or 8), Brohm was under center took the snap, the falcons came on a blitz. He went to his first read and it was covered, he then went to his second read and completed the pass. Wasn't a hugh play, I'm not actually sure they even got a first down, I think they did, but what struck me is I can't remember the last time I've seem a bills Qb go through his progrssion that quickly, and make a positive play. Usually it snap, blitz, scramble, sack, punt. I think thats the key, the coachs need to find someone that can read the defense, go through his progressions, and not lose his head. The arm strength thing, scrambling ability, I think are all some what over blown, Qb is a thinking mans position when the heat is on. I really don't known if Brohm is the man, but at least I caught a very slight view of something from him I haven't seem from our other QB's. As for Green bay I don't put a lot of stock into his time there, with that Farve and Rogers thing their Qb postion was dysfunctional anyway. Who knows how much time they gave to coaching or evaluating him.

For the first time in as long as I can remember there is not a favorite QB going into camp. All 4 QBs are going in with a shot to start. Here's my prediction on the finish:

#1) Brohm

#2) Fitzpatrick (only because of experience)

#3) Brown (only because he's a rookie...he's better than Fitz)

cut - Edwards.

PTR

THIS... :thumbsup:

You gotta know that only 3 QBs will be on the roster come September. IMO either Fitz or captain checkdown get cut. The funny part is, the guy who may project to be the #3 QB on the roster is the only guy assured of not getting cut (I saw one post that has him on the practice squad which could happen but I think they'll want him on the sidelines next year to get that experience).

Captain checkdown will have every opportunity to win the starting gig and I think he gets cut when Chix sees how there's no difference between him and Brohm except that trentative will be a distraction and Brohm won't.

1. Brohm

2. Fitz

3. Brown

They've basically said they want Brown to be the QB of the future and Brohm must know that this may be his last good shot at making it in the NFL.

You gotta know that only 3 QBs will be on the roster come September. IMO either Fitz or captain checkdown get cut. The funny part is, the guy who may project to be the #3 QB on the roster is the only guy assured of not getting cut (I saw one post that has him on the practice squad which could happen but I think they'll want him on the sidelines next year to get that experience).

Captain checkdown will have every opportunity to win the starting gig and I think he gets cut when Chix sees how there's no difference between him and Brohm except that trentative will be a distraction and Brohm won't.

1. Brohm

2. Fitz

3. Brown

They've basically said they want Brown to be the QB of the future and Brohm must know that this may be his last good shot at making it in the NFL.

This^

The Incredibly Prescient Senator predicts that, come September 12th, the Bills QB depth chart will read as follows:

Brian Brohm - Starting QB

Bad Bad Levi Brown - Backup QB

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Third String QB/Clipboard Carrier/St. Patrick's Day Parade Grand Marshall

Trent Edwards - Marketing Intern at Synopsys/Recidivist Dakota Fanning Stalker

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :D

For the first time in as long as I can remember there is not a favorite QB going into camp. All 4 QBs are going in with a shot to start. Here's my prediction on the finish:

#1) Brohm

#2) Fitzpatrick (only because of experience)

#3) Brown (only because he's a rookie...he's better than Fitz)

cut - Edwards.

PTR

Keeping my fingers crossed you are right.

As for Green bay I don't put a lot of stock into his time there, with that Farve and Rogers thing their Qb postion was dysfunctional anyway.

Brohm never backed up Favre. Brian came into the league in 2008, the year St. Brett played for the Jets.

I think thats the key, the coachs need to find someone that can read the defense, go through his progressions, and not lose his head.

That's Fitz. He's cool under pressure. Reading the defense to see that a Buffalo Bill record setting 98 yard TD to TO would work and pulling the trigger. Hitting that slant to Evans vs. the Jets. Running in a Buffalo Bills record 31 yard TD. He's not that great a passer, but he makes big plays and has leadership and confidence and the guys follow him.

1. Fitz (Because he'll play better and study harder and make things happen more than the other guys)

2. Brown (He's Coach Gailey and Nixs boy. Gets nod over all other old regime guys)

3. Edwards (Only because if not, we'd have 2 rookies/inexperienced guys backing up Fitz)

Brohm cut

New regime didn't pick up Brohm. They have no loyalty to him. If he doesn't get it done in OTAs and Training camp, he's out. I'd say Edwards cut, but then that leaves us 2 rookies backing up Fitz.

The thing I recall about the Atlanta game is he had TO wide open in the EZ but so underthrew it it was picked off. So much for throwing the long ball and hitting guys in stride. I know it's just one game. But so far that's all we got to go by.

But yeah, give him a shot like everyone else.

I dont think anyone gets cut personally...Brown will be a PS QB this year. If Brown finds some way to shine (which he wont because he wont get any reps with Trent, Fitz, and Brohm all getting the reps to win the starting gig), then maybe he ends up as the 3rd QB with one of the other three cut.

The only way Brohm wont be the #1 QB week 1 is if someone clearly and decisively outplays him. Fitz has very little value outisde of a backup QB because of his limited upside. Trent at this point has limited potential himself from what he has shown on the field. For them to roll with him over Brohm, he is going to finally have to take command of this offense and go out and play high level football and put some points on the board, something he has never been able to do thus far.

Brohm on the other hand posses something the others dont have...a lot of potential with no chance to play yet. If the race is close, I assure you they will go with Brohm because he represents a chance to develop into our franchise QB while the other guys need to make big steps forward in their game at this point to dispell the belief that they are better suited as backups because of all the chances they have already had on the field.

My final depth chart:

1. Brohm

2. Trent

3. Fitz

PS: Brown

Fitz to me is in the most danger to be cut if Brown does win a spot, because Trent has more upside than him still.

Fitz to me is in the most danger to be cut if Brown does win a spot, because Trent has more upside than him still.

I think if Brown and Brohm do well and they both stick on active roster, Trent is most likely to be out. He's in the last year of his contract. If he's not good enough to be the man now, why keep him? He'll be like JP was in the last year of his contract.

First of all let me say this...most of you believe that trent will start next year over brohm for whatever reason and I dont believe you know what you all are talking about..just because brohm was picked up for nothing people believe he is garbage and will never start in this league....ONE major reason he will/should start next season is that even in his one and only start HE ACTUALLY TARGETS HIS RECIEVERS!! if you could go back to the one game he started, you can tell he threw to his recievers on numerous occasions, I remember Lee had at least 4 receptions...how many passes would trent through to all of them per game, 3 4 times???? Owens reception streaked was broken because trent has no idea whats going on.......hes a complete bum and even if brohm isnt that much better he should be the one to start next season regardless

In his start he was 17 out of 29 for 146 yards and two INT's. His QB rating was 43.2 and averaged a measly 5.0 yards per attempt. Yea thats starting material there. He targeted his WR's but also Atlanta's DB's.

The guy is a project, and no where near a starting QB. Fitz and Edwards would both start over him.

First of all let me say this...most of you believe that trent will start next year over brohm for whatever reason and I dont believe you know what you all are talking about..just because brohm was picked up for nothing people believe he is garbage and will never start in this league....ONE major reason he will/should start next season is that even in his one and only start HE ACTUALLY TARGETS HIS RECIEVERS!! if you could go back to the one game he started, you can tell he threw to his recievers on numerous occasions, I remember Lee had at least 4 receptions...how many passes would trent through to all of them per game, 3 4 times???? Owens reception streaked was broken because trent has no idea whats going on.......hes a complete bum and even if brohm isnt that much better he should be the one to start next season regardless

Brohm should start just on the basis alone that he isn't Trentative Checkwards!!

I don't care if he can't throw is 60 yards in the air, he isn't that slouching, deer in the headlights, p*ssy of a quarterback that #5 has been for the last few years.

This team will be 100% better without Edwards on it.

In his start he was 17 out of 29 for 146 yards and two INT's. His QB rating was 43.2 and averaged a measly 5.0 yards per attempt. Yea thats starting material there. He targeted his WR's but also Atlanta's DB's.

The guy is a project, and no where near a starting QB. Fitz and Edwards would both start over him.

Ok so Brohm was on the team for a couple weeks, only had 1 week of first team reps in practice. What would you expect to see from him?

How about 16 out of 31 for 152 yards and 1 interception? Those are Trent's stats against the Browns last year.....pretty darn similar except Trent has been a starter in the league 2 years and has no excuse especially being it was the frigging Browns.