BROHM vs. Trentative

First of all let me say this...most of you believe that trent will start next year over brohm for whatever reason and I dont believe you know what you all are talking about..just because brohm was picked up for nothing people believe he is garbage and will never start in this league....ONE major reason he will/should start next season is that even in his one and only start HE ACTUALLY TARGETS HIS RECIEVERS!! if you could go back to the one game he started, you can tell he threw to his recievers on numerous occasions, I remember Lee had at least 4 receptions...how many passes would trent through to all of them per game, 3 4 times???? Owens reception streaked was broken because trent has no idea whats going on.......hes a complete bum and even if brohm isnt that much better he should be the one to start next season regardless

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the first time in as long as I can remember there is not a favorite QB going into camp. All 4 QBs are going in with a shot to start. Here's my prediction on the finish:

#1) Brohm

#2) Fitzpatrick (only because of experience)

#3) Brown (only because he's a rookie...he's better than Fitz)

cut - Edwards.

PTR

Let me put it this way: DarthIce is going to be very disappointed at the selection. When the starting lineup is announced the Ice man will melt away on this issue. Will someone relay to him that whining is very unbecoming. He needs to buck it up and get on board for the obvious selection of the qb. :thumbsup:

Chan has said there will be competition at the position, but anyone with half a brain knows that only one is going to get the first crack at the job. That person is going to be the most experienced QB. Everyone who thinks Brohm is the one, is just deluding themselves. Will he get a chance? Yes, but the first QB to get real practice time is going to be Edwards. People are very quick around here to forget how productive Edwards was before getting hit. He could still be beaten by another QB showing great performance, but it is going to be an uphill battle. If Brohm takes the starting positing, he will have to prove to be significantly better. The same with any other QB on the team.

Chan has said there will be competition at the position, but anyone with half a brain knows that only one is going to get the first crack at the job. That person is going to be the most experienced QB. Everyone who thinks Brohm is the one, is just deluding themselves. Will he get a chance? Yes, but the first QB to get real practice time is going to be Edwards. People are very quick around here to forget how productive Edwards was before getting hit. He could still be beaten by another QB showing great performance, but it is going to be an uphill battle. If Brohm takes the starting positing, he will have to prove to be significantly better. The same with any other QB on the team.

How productive was edwards before he got hit? No 300 yard games, affraid to throw with anticipation, fluttering deep ball, bouncing 15 yard outs off the turf. The only thing he could do is the same thing he did in College and that was checkdown.

One has to think as much as they are talking about Brohm he is the guy going to get most of the snaps. It is his job to lose and lose it he could if he doens't perform.

What I think you will see is Brohm get most of the inital snaps and if he doens't perform, he gets benched for Edwards which is a plus for those that want a high draft pick next year. Not a plus for the veterans that want to win.

Let me put it this way: DarthIce is going to be very disappointed at the selection. When the starting lineup is announced the Ice man will melt away on this issue. Will someone relay to him that whining is very unbecoming. He needs to buck it up and get on board for the obvious selection of the qb. :thumbsup:

Yes I will be as I know this guy doesn't have what it takes, he sure as hell doesn't have the decision making abilities to run a wide open offense, he doesn't have the arm to get the ball down field 20 yards on a rope, his deep ball flutters and lastly...he isn't a leader or winner.

I thought Bills fans wanted a stronger armed, leader that can win as it's QB? Those backing Edwards keep wanting the Bills to fail, but that is their right I guess.

Chan has said there will be competition at the position, but anyone with half a brain knows that only one is going to get the first crack at the job. That person is going to be the most experienced QB. Everyone who thinks Brohm is the one, is just deluding themselves. Will he get a chance? Yes, but the first QB to get real practice time is going to be Edwards. People are very quick around here to forget how productive Edwards was before getting hit. He ould still be beaten by another QB showing great performance, but it is going to be an uphill battle. If Brohm takes the starting positing, he will have to prove to be significantly better. The same with any other QB on the team.

how effective edwards was? he beat the rams raiders and seahawks...doesnt actually show how effective he could be...also hes never had a 300 yard passing game in three years!! the guy sucks and cant throw pass 10 yards especially to the middle of the field to any reciever....

Trent has showed some signs of promise, but not in a really long time.. That first time he got his concussion a couple years back i think is what really did him in.. Ever since then its like he has been "shell shocked" for some reason and doesnt wanna take teh shot down the field... Just wants to have his safety valve out there so he can throw it to him every time... That being said idk who the quarterback will be next year.. Im thinking it will be trent with a very short leash.

Couple of Crazy ideas...

1) We take Trents safety valve away, we dont have sopmeone strreaking out of the backfield for him to throw to until he learns how to make the play down the field..

2) Just have the three Rb's in the backfield the whole game without trent, maybe that will be more successful than the crap quarterbacks we put out there..

(Obviously these twothings are jokes so dont go ripping me)

Trent will not be cut. He may or may not be the starter, but I guarantee he will not get cut. His salary is 1/4 of what Fitz and Brohm make. Whichever of those 2 is not the starter is the one who gets cut. Most likely Fitz.

I think the depth chart will be Brohm, Edwards, Brown or Edwards, Brohm, Brown with Fitzy packing his bags.

Theoretically, they could keep all 4 by sliding brown to the Practice squad, but I just don't see them paying $2m to both Fitz and Brohm and neither is the starter.

2) Just have the three Rb's in the backfield the whole game without trent, maybe that will be more successful than the crap quarterbacks we put out there..

no, the Wishbone idea is the best Ive heard yet! they have all summer to learn the option!

Trent has showed some signs of promise, but not in a really long time.. That first time he got his concussion a couple years back i think is what really did him in.. Ever since then its like he has been "shell shocked" for some reason and doesnt wanna take teh shot down the field... Just wants to have his safety valve out there so he can throw it to him every time... That being said idk who the quarterback will be next year.. Im thinking it will be trent with a very short leash.

Couple of Crazy ideas...

1) We take Trents safety valve away, we dont have sopmeone strreaking out of the backfield for him to throw to until he learns how to make the play down the field..

What promise? Checking down for 220 yards or so a game isn't promise.

Trent will not be cut. He may or may not be the starter, but I guarantee he will not get cut. His salary is 1/4 of what Fitz and Brohm make. Whichever of those 2 is not the starter is the one who gets cut. Most likely Fitz.

I think the depth chart will be Brohm, Edwards, Brown or Edwards, Brohm, Brown with Fitzy packing his bags.

Theoretically, they could keep all 4 by sliding brown to the Practice squad, but I just don't see them paying $2m to both Fitz and Brohm and neither is the starter.

:thumbsup:

I'm hoping this coaching staff allows/encourages him to go for a few throws instead of constantly being concerned about turnovers. If there's one position on the field where you need the confidence to go for it, it's at qb. Whether Trent has the ability or the confidence to make the tight throw will be determined this year. The trick will be to score some points of course, but if Chan can get this offense on some kind of functioning game plan, I think Trent will be fine.

Yes I will be as I know this guy doesn't have what it takes, he sure as hell doesn't have the decision making abilities to run a wide open offense, he doesn't have the arm to get the ball down field 20 yards on a rope, his deep ball flutters and lastly...he isn't a leader or winner.

I thought Bills fans wanted a stronger armed, leader that can win as it's QB? Those backing Edwards keep wanting the Bills to fail, but that is their right I guess.

The starting qb has nothing to do with who favors who. It is about competing and earning the starting job. You are constantly singing the praises of the new staff and yet you don't trust them enough to select the qb who outperforms the others. If Edwards wins the starting job, then so be it. If Brohm wins the starting job, then so be it. If Fitz wins the starting job, gulp, then so be it. If Levi Brown eventually wins the starting job, then so be it.

If you are so afraid to let the qp competition play out then what does that say about the confidence you have in any particular qb you favor? Relax, and accept the qb who wins the job. Why should it be any other way? Your preconceived notions are blinding you to objectively assessing which qb out plays the other to win the job.