SI.com: First-Round QB Picks Who Were Busts

LGB

Goofy list. Mostly QBs, drafted by crap-o teams. I guess this guy had to write something so that he got a paycheck next week... :nana:

Reminds me of Prisco's run-down of the '07 draft today. He called #2 pick RB Kenny Irons a bust. Dumb choice by CIN, for sure - they had a very useful Rudi Johnson, and hopes for another dumb pick - the oft-injured #1 pick RB Chris Perry.

Irons made a cut and tore up his knee ten minutes into his 1st preseason game and never was on the field again. They kept him for a year, then gave him an injury settlement.

Shades of Ki-Jana Carter, years ago. They bypassed Tony Boselli for Carter. Too bad about Carter. He ended up playing a bit...without the recurrent injuries, he would have been a big noise. Ran hard, great blocker, receiver, and had that special nose for getting into the EZ.

i find it interesting that Bill Walsh called Rick Mirer the "second coming of Joe Montana" wasn't Walsh the one who endorsed Edwards? i could be mistaken. Mirer is number eight of the fifteen first round busts in the article.

He will be in jail within 5 years.

Why would you say that? He has never been involved in off the field issues. What are you making that judgement on? Sounds like you are stereotyping him based on his race. If your racist take your racist crap somewhere else.

Most ignorant comment I have seen this week.

Why would you say that? He has never been involved in off the field issues. What are you making that judgement on? Sounds like you are stereotyping him based on his race. If your racist take your racist crap somewhere else.

No way does David Carr belong that early in the list. He at least had an NFL career.

Russell made his name by being huge, throwing the ball a mile and looking good against ND's JV defense in the Sugar Bowl. He was a very good college QB, but he was barely "college accurate" let alone "NFL accurate."

He never really had much of a chance in Oakland, but why anyone had high expectations for this guy is beyond me...

What in the world is this based on? Or you just throwing sterotypes out there? Because Russell has never been in trouble. He was a terrible #1 pick but don't jsut going throwing crap around.

What he said. :nana:

We cant even draft busts right to get any credit. :wallbash:

:ph34r:

Russell made his name by being huge, throwing the ball a mile and looking good against ND's JV defense in the Sugar Bowl. He was a very good college QB, but he was barely "college accurate" let alone "NFL accurate."

He never really had much of a chance in Oakland, but why anyone had high expectations for this guy is beyond me...

Al Davis drafts elite athletes he hopes will turn into football players. Successful teams draft football players.

People need to relax, can't a guy make a sarcastic statement? Or are all of you above such statements?

People need to relax, can't a guy make a sarcastic statement? Or are all of you above such statements?

Sorry to jump down your throat, BBC, but it's a quality issue. It's always better when a sarcastic comment is both funny, and discernibly sarcastic.

If you had said that Russell will be cut by the Raiders and might be claimed on waivers by Weight Watchers... or that Russell should be traded to the Jets so he could consult with Rex Ryan on a lap-band surgery...

Your comment about jail had no redeeming qualities and seemed like...something else.

Sorry to jump down your throat, BBC, but it's a quality issue. It's always better when a sarcastic comment is both funny, and discernibly sarcastic.

If you had said that Russell will be cut by the Raiders and might be claimed on waivers by Weight Watchers... or that Russell should be traded to the Jets so he could consult with Rex Ryan on a lap-band surgery...

Your comment about jail had no redeeming qualities and seemed like...something else.

Understood. I can see where it could have been taken a number of ways, but it happens. No harm meant by me.

Ryan Leaf was kind of the basis, but he didn't end up in jail, just probation. When you fall from that high up, you don't land very soft.

Goofy list. Mostly QBs, drafted by crap-o teams. I guess this guy had to write something so that he got a paycheck next week... :wallbash:

Reminds me of Prisco's run-down of the '07 draft today. He called #2 pick RB Kenny Irons a bust. Dumb choice by CIN, for sure - they had a very useful Rudi Johnson, and hopes for another dumb pick - the oft-injured #1 pick RB Chris Perry.

Irons made a cut and tore up his knee ten minutes into his 1st preseason game and never was on the field again. They kept him for a year, then gave him an injury settlement.

Shades of Ki-Jana Carter, years ago. They bypassed Tony Boselli for Carter. Too bad about Carter. He ended up playing a bit...without the recurrent injuries, he would have been a big noise. Ran hard, great blocker, receiver, and had that special nose for getting into the EZ.

yea, it looks like the SI list is incomplete.

Russell was a first round pick, showed up at camp out of shape and overweight...hey we have a player like that...McCargo previously showed up out of shape and overweight...in fact the Bills fined him for having so many donuts, but he is still on the team - so maybe there is still hope for Russell yet? Russell is expected to attend the Raiders minicamp tomorrow.

Understood. I can see where it could have been taken a number of ways, but it happens. No harm meant by me.

Ryan Leaf was kind of the basis, but he didn't end up in jail, just probation. When you fall from that high up, you don't land very soft.

Especially when you weigh close to 300 lbs.

Don't feel the need to explain yourself to the hypersensitive. I thought it was funny.

Especially when you weigh close to 300 lbs.

6'6' and 300 lbs...maybe the Raiders will try him as Fullback since he already knows the play-book and presumably can run the option. :lol:

Stucky, he's one of the guys I always felt bad for. He did all the things you mentioned above and was dedicated, but damn, when the body gives out on you there is nothing you can do. Especially at such a young age.

I never liked when people labeled him, and guys like him as busts. The body breaks and there is nothing you can do about it.

With a little more work he can subplant an NFL legend as the spokesman for....

http://www.bigassfans.com/thefridge