Drill, baby, DRILL!

If you gave your position even a half-second's real thought, you'd support drilling to get the country over that transition period.

But then, by your own profession you're not concerned with pesky things like "details", so why would you give it a half-second's thought to begin with?

I'm more for drilling to try to sell it to other countries that to use it domestically. If that doesn't work, then use it domestically....but the focus has to be eliminating our need for it, so we can stop supporting foreign governments.

I don't see this country as having the willpower to get it done though.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more for drilling to try to sell it to other countries that to use it domestically. If that doesn't work, then use it domestically....but the focus has to be eliminating our need for it, so we can stop supporting foreign governments.

The problem I have with that line of thought is that we don't actually need it - it's not like we're having shortages, or long lines at the pump, or nationwide rolling brown-outs. We want it, because we don't want to pay $3.00/gallon at the pump.

And that's just a ridiculous reason for taking our last reserves of oil out of the ground. Keep them where they are, because as much as we may WANT them now, we may very well NEED them later.

If we did we would...our oil is far more expensive than getting it elsewhere...makes a lot of sense...there goes the cost of shipping theory heheheheh

If we did we would...our oil is far more expensive than getting it elsewhere...makes a lot of sense...there goes the cost of shipping theory heheheheh

Oh really? Ok, I guess getting oil from the Canadian sands is cheaper. :thumbsup:

If you gave your position even a half-second's real thought, you'd support drilling to get the country over that transition period.

But then, by your own profession you're not concerned with pesky things like "details", so why would you give it a half-second's thought to begin with?

You know.....

Just about everyone is aware that oil reserves are finite and us earthlings ought to start ramping up on finding an oil alternative or two or three, PDQ. We are unlikely to come up with something like, "Here, just pump this in your gas tank, instead." There has to be workable way to get from "here" to "there."

Kudos for your first sentence.

Ween off is bull...we could create jobs, a cleaner environment, and put our nation back into the forefront of the energy game again...drilling offshore to ween ourselves off oil is stupid...we can just ween off using the same oil we're using for the same price without the environmental backlash...give me a break

:rolleyes:

How exactly do you figure that?

Alright not THAT high lol...but it's like 87 here...and like 75 or so in Venezuela...83 in Kuwait....our oil is always more expensive...so what's the point?...why not just continue to buy what we are buying and work on real solutions instead of drilling all over the joint just to raise gas prices higher?...maybe I'm missing something...but just like any other American product, it becomes more expensive because the cost to do business here...

If you guys were gamblers what would you saw the odds that this is some environmental wackos monkeywrenching to sway public opinion against offshore drilling? I wouldn't be surprised.

You know, you might just have something there. :rolleyes:

The evil bankers overcharge for it.

Now let me tell you about my plan to by cheap oil and sell it below the market to people who can't afford it...

Right after I tell of my plan to go to war with a Arab nation, give it a chance for democracy and then get repaid in spades

by said Arab nation with oil