Drill, baby, DRILL!

They been drilling offshore Louisiana since the 1930's without a spill of this magnitude,

I guess the administration should have seen it coming

You don't have to tell me. My former company is one of the largest in the oil field services industry, including a gigantic presence in that area. That doesn't change the fact that the "environmental" party is all about expanding this kind of drilling while ignoring areas with far less chance of real impact in the event something goes wrong.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People love to poke fun at environmentalists, and there's no question the left-wing crazies give the whole movement a bad image, but I hope people realize when you demand that we drill oil off our shores what is happening in the Gulf of Mexico is always a real possibility. Stuff happens. Mistakes occur. The loss of lives is bad enough but the environmental clusterf**k is just getting started. Politicians say stuff like this and people eat it up, but no one ever takes a second to think about the possible outcomes.

PTR

And BP is going to pay WITH THEIR OWN MONEY to clean it up. No bailouts. What's the big deal? Alot of it breaks ups and sinks to the bottom on its own anyways. Its not like toxic waste or anything oil is a natural substance.

And BP is going to pay WITH THEIR OWN MONEY to clean it up. No bailouts. What's the big deal? Alot of it breaks ups and sinks to the bottom on its own anyways. Its not like toxic waste or anything oil is a natural substance.

:lol:

Wow. This is actually more stupid than your typical racist bull ****.

Just...wow. Really. Wow.

http://www.livescience.com/environment/gul...-up-100429.html

What doesn't get clean up breaks up or sinks on its own.

History attests to the lingering problem of oil spills. Exxon Valdez, one of the worst oil spills ever, dumped more than 10 million gallons of crude into Prince William Sound, Alaska, on March 24, 1989. And there's still a lot of oil that didn't get cleaned up, which has continued to impact wildlife in the area for the past 20 years, experts say.

That's the effect of the stuff that "breaks up or sinks on its own". That's from your own link, you preternatural dumbass. :lol:

That's the effect of the stuff that "breaks up or sinks on its own". That's from your own link, you preternatural dumbass. :lol:

That was 20 years ago. BP is using new chemicals/techniques that weren't around then. This isn't a good thing but not nearly as bad as liberals are trying ro make it out to be.

That was 20 years ago. BP is using new chemicals/techniques that weren't around then. This isn't a good thing but not nearly as bad as liberals are trying ro make it out to be.

"Breaks up or sinks on its own", because BP makes it do so? :lol:

Shut the !@#$ up, moron. :lol:

Not true. There is and has been a large amount of federal cash used to help pay for cleanup.

In addition to. They can't clean up it all. They can clean up a lot of it but not all of it. What they can't will break up or sink.

And do you know what it means when an oil slick "breaks up or sinks?" It doesn't disappear. It stays in the ocean and causes long-term environmental damage.

Seriously...you're really this stupid? Really? You think it just somehow goes away for ever and ever?

You don't have to tell me. My former company is one of the largest in the oil field services industry, including a gigantic presence in that area. That doesn't change the fact that the "environmental" party is all about expanding this kind of drilling while ignoring areas with far less chance of real impact in the event something goes wrong.

Just seems like Monday Morning QB'ing to me. In my lifetime there have been two

monumental diasters due to drilling. One currently from offshore drilling and one from

a tanker taking crude from the safer option you propose to a refinery. Both accidents, both

environmental nightmares, so what makes one method safer than the other?

Just seems like Monday Morning QB'ing to me. In my lifetime there have been two

monumental diasters due to drilling. One currently from offshore drilling and one from

a tanker taking crude from the safer option you propose to a refinery. Both accidents, both

environmental nightmares, so what makes one method safer than the other?

There have been far more than two...

Are you !@#$ing kidding me?

You CANNOT be serious.

There have been far more than two...

Wasn't talking worldwide, The Valdez was the one of biggest in US history in terms of gallons spilled but was considered

the worst in the world in terms of damage to the environment.,,,,,, until this week

Clearly you don't understand anything about the environmental issues surrounding offshore drilling. More oil is released into the ocean annually through normal offshore drilling operations than will be released in this one freak accident.

May be true. However, those who realllllly love to scream drill baby drill should report for clean up duty. :lol: