A major change that nobody is mentioning....

Bronc24

I have to believe that our new strength and conditioning philosophy will translate into more aggressiveness, fewer injuries and, hopefully, a team that pounds people for 60 minutes. Yes we were 6 - 10, but we lost 6 games by a total of 20 points. Sure, we had bad bounces, but I think the collective "softness" when compared to other teams caused players to make crucial mistakes at crucial times. That opening night loss to the Pats set the tone for the whole season, IMO.

Look, I am not parading around the "we're going to the playoffs" banner, but I do think we took major steps with our draft, filled some key positions and added the most dynamic offensive player available. We need a new QB.....I know that. We need to add a pro-level LT, I know that too. However, we simply had too many holes to fill for any reasonable person to believe we could fill them all in one draft.

I am willing to enter the season with optimism and believe this team will have a new attitude. Say what you will about Gailey, but he took a horrible Chiefs offense under Thigpen and averaged over 23 PPG once they went to the spread. I have suffered for a decade with all of you, but at least now I have some hope. I could never say that under Dick "I don't know what emotion is" Jauron.

I have to believe that our new strength and conditioning philosophy will translate into more aggressiveness, fewer injuries and, hopefully, a team that pounds people for 60 minutes. Yes we were 6 - 10, but we lost 6 games by a total of 20 points. Sure, we had bad bounces, but I think the collective "softness" when compared to other teams caused players to make crucial mistakes at crucial times. That opening night loss to the Pats set the tone for the whole season, IMO.

Look, I am not parading around the "we're going to the playoffs" banner, but I do think we took major steps with our draft, filled some key positions and added the most dynamic offensive player available. We need a new QB.....I know that. We need to add a pro-level LT, I know that too. However, we simply had too many holes to fill for any reasonable person to believe we could fill them all in one draft.

I am willing to enter the season with optimism and believe this team will have a new attitude. Say what you will about Gailey, but he took a horrible Chiefs offense under Thigpen and averaged over 23 PPG once they went to the spread. I have suffered for a decade with all of you, but at least now I have some hope. I could never say that under Dick "I don't know what emotion is" Jauron.

Never mind Gailey's offense, his best decision has been the switch to the 3-4 which Ive been begging for for years and am willing to be patient for it to develop.One more season of watching undersized Tampa 2 get pushed around, not Bills footbal IMO, I was going to puke.

I am parading around the "we're going to the Playoffs" banner. If we can keep our IR list to single digits, and have a cogent offensive game plan, we're going.

I love the draft. I'm stoked. We've got Aaron Maybin ready to dominate in the 3-4. If Schobel comes back, the defense will be huge. Like Nix says, we won't be tackling guys 4-5 yards downfield.

We're going.

I am parading around the "we're going to the Playoffs" banner. If we can keep our IR list to single digits, and have a cogent offensive game plan, we're going.

I love the draft. I'm stoked. We've got Aaron Maybin ready to dominate in the 3-4. If Schobel comes back, the defense will be huge. Like Nix says, we won't be tackling guys 4-5 yards downfield.

We're going.

I am usually optimistic and like the draft, just questioning the bolded part.

Never mind Gailey's offense, his best decision has been the switch to the 3-4 which Ive been begging for for years and am willing to be patient for it to develop.One more season of watching undersized Tampa 2 get pushed around, not Bills footbal IMO, I was going to puke.

I'm with you on the undersized Tampa 2 thing, but I'm still not convinced by the switch to the 3-4. I feel like unless you have elite talent on your line teams have an easier time running on a 3-4.

I agree, that was frustrating to watch

I'm with you on the undersized Tampa 2 thing, but I'm still not convinced by the switch to the 3-4. I feel like unless you have elite talent on your line teams have an easier time running on a 3-4.

You're right, switching to a 3-4 isn't easy. Hopefully some of the guys the Bills drafted can help with that conversion. If Schobel comes back, I really question where he is going to fit in.

Speaking of LT, maybe, just maybe, Bell being now in his 3rd yr, one that players sometimes "break out", he'll be a pleasant surprise. Gotta hope, huh?

One of the things I didn't mention was the fact we will be running the ball a ton.....that keeps the offense on the field...our defense off...and wears down their defense. I think we made moves to stop the run, which we desperately needed. Our secondary is stellar......too bad Jauron didn't concentrate on the first two lines of defense....

I too hold out hope for a better season coming up, but I also believe that nothing comes overnight, except rarely. The only team that went from chump to champ was the the '99 Rams. They already had a few pieces in place with Faulk, Bruce, Pace, and all. A few changes, sprinkle in Kurt Warner bursting onto the scene, and they were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. The Dolphins had a huge turnaround a few years ago so I believe it can be done. I'm not going to say anything until we get into the preseason though because I want to see how these guys look under Gailey and Edwards in an actual game situations. The main thing I want to see is all of our picks signed and in here for camp from day 1. I think Maybin was set back, partially, by his absence from training camp. I hope the injuries are down as well due to the new strength and conditioning mentality (no TV's in the weightroom for example) and program as a whole. It seems we finally got some guys in here who are going to put these players to work for the common goal of winning, not just competing week in and week out. I don't want to hear that "It's hard to win in the NFL" bull ever again from our coach or our players for that matter. Even Edwards has taken on a Jauron-esque persona. I hope Chan and the coaching staff are constantly pushing these guys to push themselves. All that being said, there will still be growing pains.

...and we got blown out 4 or 5 times and lost to Cleveland. I am optimistic about the but not about next year.

You're right, switching to a 3-4 isn't easy. Hopefully some of the guys the Bills drafted can help with that conversion. If Schobel comes back, I really question where he is going to fit in.

For a change made overnight, It seems like all the pieces for a stout 3-4 are in play. Draft and free agency addressed it really well. Big ? is will the NT we drafted get it done and can the LB's stay healthy. Poz, mitchell Davis and (maybin/schoebel or two picks) should be a decent first string. Williams plus Dwan and a lot of additional beef... Now to finish tidying up the o line.

One of the things I didn't mention was the fact we will be running the ball a ton.....that keeps the offense on the field...our defense off...and wears down their defense.

I'm in favor of the changes made, but this is a fallacy. Your offense stays on the field by getting first downs. If you run three times and don't get a first down then you haven't used up that much more time than passing for three downs.

I'm in favor of the changes made, but this is a fallacy. Your offense stays on the field by getting first downs. If you run three times and don't get a first down then you haven't used up that much more time than passing for three downs.

Well duh...that's fabulous insight.

Speaking of LT, maybe, just maybe, Bell being now in his 3rd yr, one that players sometimes "break out", he'll be a pleasant surprise. Gotta hope, huh?

Bell was alwas a three year project, given how raw he was coming out of college. He was thrust into the line up too early last year with predictable consequences. I guess the coaches might be thinking he may just have the talent necessary and with another year may be able to provide something like a decent level of play.

Same with RT. Promising project player ended up starting a year too early.

Of course they could both end up sucking big time and we could end up screwed, but at this point we do not know for sure one way or another.

I, for one, am glad we drafted some proper 3-4 players for the new 'D', as things stood the Bills had a bunch of 4-3 linemen, most of whom will not fit in the new scheme. I do not expect a miraculous turn around, but one can always hope (after all, as a fan, that is all I can really do).

One of the things I didn't mention was the fact we will be running the ball a ton.....that keeps the offense on the field...our defense off...and wears down their defense. I think we made moves to stop the run, which we desperately needed. Our secondary is stellar......too bad Jauron didn't concentrate on the first two lines of defense....

If we are running the spread dont be shocked to see us pass quite a bit.....but see that is what makes CJ Spiller the right pick......he is a guy you can pass it to like a WR and he can break one........

With Chan Gailey the CJ Spiller pick made so much sense