Looks like Brown is the guy tabbed to become the long term starter

DarthICE

I think you're misinterpreting.

They like Brown as a developmental QB prospect, but I don't think anybody at One Bills Drive is pencilling him in for the 2012 starting QB. They took a flier on a guy in the 7th round who has some coachable qualities and they're going to give Gailey a chance to develop him. But there is just as much likelihood that Brown spends the 2010 season on the Bills practice squad. It's a 7th round pick. He is a project.

He could certainly develop into a starter. Anybody has a chance. But I doubt anybody there is counting on it.

Someone here, maybe it was Nevergiveup, said, about a month ago, they knew that Levi Brown was the guy the Bills had targeted for the draft...of course, at the time, most assumed we would be bringing in some vetran as well...can't say I know a thing about him, but, this may prove to be a good pick down the road. It is funny though, when Gailey was talking about the reasons that Spiller was picked, he said "he can help us win now!"...yet every other move looks like a nod toward the future...

I think if they were counting on Brown to be the eventual starter, they would've picked him earlier in the draft.

More likely, they just like his tools and makeup and want to develop him and they'll go from there, without making any unnecessary judgments about him being a future starter or whatever.

They like Brown as a developmental QB prospect, but I don't think anybody at One Bills Drive is pencilling him in for the 2012 starting QB. They took a flier on a guy in the 7th round who has some coachable qualities and they're going to give Gailey a chance to develop him. But there is just as much likelihood that Brown spends the 2010 season on the Bills practice squad. It's a 7th round pick. He is a project.

He could certainly develop into a starter. Anybody has a chance. But I doubt anybody there is counting on it.

QFT

Someone here, maybe it was Nevergiveup, said, about a month ago, they knew that Levi Brown was the guy the Bills had targeted for the draft...of course, at the time, most assumed we would be bringing in some vetran as well...can't say I know a thing about him, but, this may prove to be a good pick down the road. It is funny though, when Gailey was talking about the reasons that Spiller was picked, he said "he can help us win now!"...yet every other move looks like a nod toward the future...

The only move I actually saw that was a nod to the future was the WR and the QB.....

I think every other one of those guys could get playing time

hahaha...nice

Well, count me as a guy who does think Brohm has that kind of potential, and apparently the FO seems to think so too... :thumbsup:

I'm just messin with yah, I have no problem with the Bills giving him a shot to see what he can do.

My guess is they want to get up close and personal with the QBs on the squad and the rookie. Truth be told the offensive scheme and staff were so damn dysfunctional, there was no real way to evaluate anybody on offense except maybe Freddy and the rookie OLs. The other lone exception probably is Edwards. They probably think what he is on paper has not translated to what showed up on the field. He is either on the squad at the end of camp or he is shown the door.

Once they go thru a season with these guys they'll have an idea. I'm sure part of the reason was money. They didn't want to tie up too much money with yet another unknown quantity in camp.

If the QBs don't distinguish themselves, they'll probably target someone higher in next year's draft. Hopefully, the OLine will have solidified for the better by then. And they'll have a stud RB (Spiller) the kid can hand off to as well.

C

Brohm, Brown, Edwards, Fitz as a starter for a team in need of a real Franchise QB.

I want what all you people are smoking :thumbsup:

There is absolutely no chance, 0, nothing, notta, zilch, that any of these guys has what it takes to be a franchise QB. You kid yourself to think other wise. The Bills still need a Franchise QB, a position I am positive they will address in the 2011 draft.

Jake Locker will no doubt be the target.

2011 NFL Draft will be absolutley loaded with QB prospects. Do some research. They didn't draft a QB with a high pick this year or trade for anyone because of next year's draft. The future franchise QB is still in college.

(Top 12) 2011 Quarterback Prospects

Jake Locker Washington 6'3" 226

Christian Ponder Florida State 6'3" 218

Jerrod Johnson Texas A&M 6'5" 243

Case Keenum Houston 6'2" 210

Ricky Stanzi Iowa 6'4" 218

Colin Kaepernick Nevada 6'6" 220

Pat Devlin Delaware 6'4" 220

Kevin Riley Cal 6'2" 220

Andy Dalton TCU 6'2" 215

Nathan Enderle Idaho 6'5" 227

Mitch Mustain USC 6'3" 220

Greg McElroy Alabama 6'2" 220

First nine are in the Top 100 of the preliminary 2011 prospect rankings. They are already saying 5 or 6 QB's could go in the 1st round next year.

:lol: How you come away with that conclusion based on this article is classic...

You weren't a strong reader in school were you?

You didn't jump the gun on that conclusion at all :thumbsup:

This has to be the most retarded interpretation ever on these boards. WOW. Is that dumb.

Edwards will be your starting QB next year. Sorry you didn't get your wish.

Kiper and crew had so many on this board drooling in anticipation that Claussen or McCoy deserved to be ours! Now, Claussen is in the warm weather where he might succeed and McCoy is down the road where the West Coast offense might cover up his faults.

I am one of the apparent few who believe that Brohm might be the answer ... I know that I wanted him out of Louisville and frankly haven't studied the tapes as to why he didn't win the job over Favre or Rodgers. I want to see what he can do and I know that Edwards will be a better quarterback without Coach Dick setting his limitations.

There were no studs in this year's draft after Bradford and I am not even totally sold on him. Next year is a quarterback feast but when you look at Brown's career numbers there is a chance that he will be more than a serviceable copy of Reich but there is value in having a number two like that!

So, before we bash them all .. let's see what Chan can do since he will be putting all the success and failure of the offense right on h is own shoulders ... with CJ and Freddie''s running abilities driving defenses nuts there will be a window for our quarterback to be better than we have seen in years even w/o studs at the tackle slots.

GO BILLS!!!

Well Brady was a sixth round pick....just saying. Anythings possible. I look at our current QB's and rate them as minus 3, minus 2 and zero on a tens scale. If Brown can play at plus 1 level, he'll be better than the three pretenders we have now. Buddy Nix has a good eye for talent, that I know and trust his judgment. The rebuilding of this team will take at least four drafts, maybe more even with free agency. The 1990 super bowl team began their rebuild with the drafting of Jim Kelly in 1983. Every draft after the Bills added more pieces to the puzzle. Ten years of pi$$ poor drafting will take time to correct. Maybe a FA here and there but until this team has a winning attitude, Buffalo is not going to be a landing spot for many higher tier free agents. Good draft after good draft is what's needed.

I think if they were counting on Brown to be the eventual starter, they would've picked him earlier in the draft.

More likely, they just like his tools and makeup and want to develop him and they'll go from there, without making any unnecessary judgments about him being a future starter or whatever.

Interesting developmental situation with Brown. I don't think they risk leaving him on the practice squad so someone can snatch him up for free after Gailey and others have worked with him. Most likely, one of the other three are gonzo. JMO

2011 NFL Draft will be absolutley loaded with QB prospects. Do some research. They didn't draft a QB with a high pick this year or trade for anyone because of next year's draft. The future franchise QB is still in college.

(Top 12) 2011 Quarterback Prospects

Jake Locker Washington 6'3" 226

Christian Ponder Florida State 6'3" 218

Jerrod Johnson Texas A&M 6'5" 243

Case Keenum Houston 6'2" 210

Ricky Stanzi Iowa 6'4" 218

Colin Kaepernick Nevada 6'6" 220

Pat Devlin Delaware 6'4" 220

Kevin Riley Cal 6'2" 220

Andy Dalton TCU 6'2" 215

Nathan Enderle Idaho 6'5" 227

Mitch Mustain USC 6'3" 220

Greg McElroy Alabama 6'2" 220

First nine are in the Top 100 of the preliminary 2011 prospect rankings. They are already saying 5 or 6 QB's could go in the 1st round next year.

...when they will come at a much better value if a rookie wage scale comes to fruition for next year.