OT - How did you all think of your names?

bartshan-83

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Baldwin made a pretty good Ryan.  Better than pretty-boy Ben Affleck, and although I like Harrison Ford, he just plays everything with too much angst, far moreso than really suited "Jack Ryan".  I though it was Baldwin's only good performance in his career (too bad he submarined his career by calling Spielberg "The eighth dwarf - Greedy."  :lol:)

Dafoe as John Clark was a joke.  Had to be.  That part was made for Michael Ironside.  But considering how badly they butchered that book, it's academic at best.

139347[/snapback]

I liked Ford's Jack Ryan, but then, I'm madly biased concerning most of what he's done. (The action-adventure roles, anyway - actually haven't seen many of his 'lighter' movies. Y'all might've guessed, I'm not the 'chick-flick' type.)

As far as Affleck's run in "Sum of All Fears" goes, or anything else about that film, I wouldn't know. Once I read what they'd done with the script, I saw no point to wasting money on the movie.

I'll be curious to see whether they attempt any more Ryan movies. Cardinal of the Kremlin is dated, and there's no way in hell the end of Debt of Honor gets filmed now....

I liked Ford's Jack Ryan, but then, I'm madly biased concerning most of what he's done. (The action-adventure roles, anyway - actually haven't seen many of his 'lighter' movies. Y'all might've guessed, I'm not the 'chick-flick' type.)

As far as Affleck's run in "Sum of All Fears" goes, or anything else about that film, I wouldn't know. Once I read what they'd done with the script, I saw no point to wasting money on the movie.

I'll be curious to see whether they attempt any more Ryan movies. Cardinal of the Kremlin is dated, and there's no way in hell the end of Debt of Honor gets filmed now....

139726[/snapback]

I like most of the Clancy movies, except for 'Clear And Present Danger'. That just sucked. Sum Of All Fears was good, not great, but it is worth seeing if you rent it.

And as for Debt Of Honor, I read that before 9/11. It was a great book, and the ending of Executive Orders was great also.

I was the pitcher/manager of a softball team at work. At the bar afterwards one of the players called me papajoe because I was like the father figure. Another guy said I should be called pastajoe because I'm a big eater. Somehow it's stuck after almost 20 years. And I'm not even a fat Italian, I'm 6'3", 235lbs. and Polish.

139726[/snapback]

I'll give credit to the makers of "Sum of all Fears" for one thing: they realized up-front that they weren't going to accurately portray the book in its literal sense, so they wrote a virtually completely different story that did a decent job capturing the tensions of the book. Even so, it wasn't that good...but points for trying...