OT - How did you all think of your names?

bartshan-83

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My original name was alwaysthebridesmaidnevergilbride, and was the longest name allowable at TSW/2BD at 32 characters. I got some complaints though because the long name was screwing up the page view on the main page for posters when I started a topic. I then asked Scott if I could change it to ATBNG, and he graciously complied.

Not one person has yet complained because I was hacking on Kevin Gilbride.

Well everyone knows you're old.  You're like the grandfather of this board.  :w00t:

138561[/snapback]

Not this board. There's more than a few out there that outrank me in the age department. What gets scary is finding out there are people posting that were born AFTER you retired.

My current name is just a nickname..

I used to go by Water. I got bored one day and decided to start posting in every thread ICE did and post the exact opposite of what he said.

I only did it for a few days, but I already had a few hundred posts so I decided to keep it for a while! :lol:

Move aside boot camp, that was the year I made Chief, (E-7)  :D

Originally from Lackawanna, now living in RI, Bills fan since 1960, you figure out where the name came from.

139039[/snapback]

I was on the list...

Didn't you start off in the S-Class boats? :lol:

I've always wondered how/why some people come up with the "posting names" that they do. I mean there are some obvious examples like mine "Bart at ND" (which I will probably have to change next year to something like "Bart living with Parents" or "Bart with no job") but some are truly weird/interesting.

Let's hear it!

137868[/snapback]

The beginning of mine is the initials of the state that I live in and the first three letters of my last name. The MOE is from the greatest bartender of all time, Moe Syzlak from the Simpsons. The whole thing is what a co-worker used to call me back when I lived in Buffalo so it kind of stuck.

I do have to say that a thread like this is nice every now and then. It beats the "Bledsoe sucks" threads and the ICE threads calling people idiots. :lol: