OT - How did you all think of your names?

bartshan-83

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but I bet she's got hair in places that women should not have hair.

139264[/snapback]

If I ever tried to find out, the brothers would probably do their thing. Ever been to Afghanistan? Those folks absolutely love their knives. I could tell you stories...

How dare you insult Kevin Costner.

139275[/snapback]

To give Connery credit, he rarely bothers to try. If you want to see an accent absolutely butchered, check out Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins. Makes me want to tear my eyeballs out!

But over the years, Connery has done:

Irish (Untouchables, for which I believe he received an award for the worst accent ever!), English (King Arthur, King Richard, Robin Hood, Allan Quatermain among others), Russian (the afore-mentioned Ramius), Spanish (in Highlander...and there I thought he was going to play a Scot!), Italian (The Name of the Rose), Greek (Agamamnon in Time Bandits), Arab (The Next Man), "American Cowboy" (Shalako), Dragon (Dragonheart), and of course Scottish (Bond, Macbeth, etc). Quite a range!

Worked better than freaking Alec Baldwin.  Still, the worst transgression in all of them was Dafoe as John Clark.  Give me a break.

139296[/snapback]

I thought Baldwin made a pretty good Ryan. Better than pretty-boy Ben Affleck, and although I like Harrison Ford, he just plays everything with too much angst, far moreso than really suited "Jack Ryan". I though it was Baldwin's only good performance in his career (too bad he submarined his career by calling Spielberg "The eighth dwarf - Greedy." :lol:)

Dafoe as John Clark was a joke. Had to be. That part was made for Michael Ironside. But considering how badly they butchered that book, it's academic at best.

I thought Baldwin made a pretty good Ryan.  Better than pretty-boy Ben Affleck, and although I like Harrison Ford, he just plays everything with too much angst, far moreso than really suited "Jack Ryan".  I though it was Baldwin's only good performance in his career (too bad he submarined his career by calling Spielberg "The eighth dwarf - Greedy."  :lol:)

Dafoe as John Clark was a joke.  Had to be.  That part was made for Michael Ironside.  But considering how badly they butchered that book, it's academic at best.

139347[/snapback]

I've always thought the guy who played Slider in Top Gun (Rick Rossman?) would have made a terrific John Clark.

I thought Baldwin made a pretty good Ryan.  Better than pretty-boy Ben Affleck, and although I like Harrison Ford, he just plays everything with too much angst, far moreso than really suited "Jack Ryan".  I though it was Baldwin's only good performance in his career (too bad he submarined his career by calling Spielberg "The eighth dwarf - Greedy."  :lol:)

Dafoe as John Clark was a joke.  Had to be.  That part was made for Michael Ironside.  But considering how badly they butchered that book, it's academic at best.

139347[/snapback]

I liked Baldwin as Ryan, but I beg to differ on his other work. Baldwin has given a number of great performances, usually as bad guys. He's got a scary intensity and an edge of craziness. If you haven't seen them check out "Miami Blues" or "Malice" or "The Cooler."

BLZRUL was what I had on my special plates (Bills Helmet Logo too of course) when I lived in New York. When I moved to TX I didn't use that on my plates because I was afraid it would be taken as Bulls, not Bills, so I became BBILLS. But I've applied to be BLZRUL here in Seattle.

Well, I was in California until a couple months ago. The Wingnut comes from USAF service. I spent my whole career working in units that combined some of the finest grunts, squids and jarheads a guy could ever know. I thought their funniest nickname for AF types was wingnut, so that one stuck with me. I would change to FlaWingnut or just Wingnut, but I don't want to start over.

FatKID...

Remember the movie "Stand by Me"... You know the 4 boys who went on an adventure to look at a dead body... Anyway... There is a line in the movie... "Ha Ha very funny pick on the Fat KID" Well, I thought it was very funny and I use to always quote it in college... The name sort of suck after that...

Oh ya... by the way I was a FAT KID....

-fK

After many years coaching HS football, my favorite play (many different names) is still 30 dive.

The three (3)back (fullback) through the zero (0) hole (guard/center gap or off the centers right hip). Just power football.

Last year i found out about this message board but never posted....then i went into the chat room during a game....i typed in YOOOOOO(not knowing the first thing you type becomes your nickname in the chat)...Every Sunday I entered the chat and stuck with the name YOOOOOO, then a few weeks later i registered to post my Bills thoughts here and decided to stick with it, so the regulars in the Bills chat would know who I was....