OT - How did you all think of your names?

bartshan-83

Is that why you look like Bigfoot?

Speaking of DC. I stopped in the 7/11 this morning on the way to work. Guy ahead of me speaking Arabic. Girl behind me speaking Russian. Gal behind the counter speaking Pashtu. Gotta love America. Land of the free, home of apparantly everybody.

139245[/snapback]

Damn. Could have had your own reenactment of the Afghan war right there...

Bigfoot doesn't have as much cranial volume...I'm more of an evolved Bigfoot...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, some of you have no creativity in choosing a user name. My real name's Tchazibidan Dzietschewhnikogrossvidibaden, but I decided to shorten it up.... :lol:

Hey, Ramius, didn't Connery do an excellent Russian accent in that movie? Unbelievable! He is the king of foreign accents, kills them in every movie he's in.

B)

and dev, why is it that I always try dragging rudy's posts over to your user name? :D

Damn.  Could have had your own reenactment of the Afghan war right there...

Bigfoot doesn't have as much cranial volume...I'm more of an evolved Bigfoot...

139254[/snapback]

How do you know? Have you had a discussion on nuclear arms with him? He might be smarter than you think. After all your cats and gerbils are smarter than you.

Man, some of you have no creativity in choosing a user name.  My real name's Tchazibidan Dzietschewhnikogrossvidibaden, but I decided to shorten it up.... :lol:

Hey, Ramius, didn't Connery do an excellent Russian accent in that movie?  Unbelievable!  He is the king of foreign accents, kills them in every movie he's in.

B)

and dev, why is it that I always try dragging rudy's posts over to your user name? :D

139260[/snapback]

I figured that was where Ramius got Ramius, but if I said so I would have been told I was just acting like Darin.

You really need to read the book. Much more interesting than the movie. Though SC was good in it.

"Personally, I give us one chance in three". Better than what the Bills are facing.

Hey, Ramius, didn't Connery do an excellent Russian accent in that movie?  Unbelievable!  He is the king of foreign accents, kills them in every movie he's in.

B)

139260[/snapback]

I saw that movie with a Russian. I asked her how his Russian was, she said "I don't know, I couldn't understand him, his accent was horrible." Apparently Scottish brogues and the Russian language don't mix well.

B)

139260[/snapback]

How dare you insult Kevin Costner.

I figured that was where Ramius got Ramius, but if I said so I would have been told I was just acting like Darin.

You really need to read the book. Much more interesting than the movie. Though SC was good in it.

"Personally, I give us one chance in three". Better than what the Bills are facing.

139267[/snapback]

"Some things in here don't react too well to bullets."

That movie was just on cable this past weekend. Considering the relative complexity of the book, I always thought they did a reasonable job of distilling it to a feature film.

That movie was just on cable this past weekend.  Considering the relative complexity of the book, I always thought they did a reasonable job of distilling it to a feature film.

139279[/snapback]

It's the only one of the books that they did a decent job with. Indiana Jones playing Jack Ryan didn't work.

That movie was just on cable this past weekend.  Considering the relative complexity of the book, I always thought they did a reasonable job of distilling it to a feature film.

139279[/snapback]

"Halsey acted stupidly"

139267[/snapback]

I agree, the book is absolutely fantastic...if you even remotely liked th emovie, the book is a must read (altho i am a book first first, movie second kinda guy) I actually like all of Clancy's stuff...him and Stephen King are my 2 fav authors...

I agree, the book is absolutely fantastic...if you even remotely liked th emovie, the book is a must read (altho i am a book first first, movie second kinda guy) I actually like all of Clancy's stuff...him and Stephen King are my 2 fav authors...

139284[/snapback]

I like Clancy, and try to get into King, but can't. He drones on and on and his books go nowhere. I have probably 6 or 7 half read novels of his.

I like Clancy, and try to get into King, but can't.  He drones on and on and his books go nowhere.  I have probably 6 or 7 half read novels of his.

139287[/snapback]

if you have trouble getting into king's longer novels, and if you are still interested, try "night shifts", "Skeleton Crew" or "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" ...they are 3 books of his short stories...ranging from 5-40 pages a piece...they are great and he gets right into the story, no BS-ing...i can read those at night and still be a bit scared going to sleep...