OT - How did you all think of your names?

bartshan-83

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/dev/null

its nothing, really

138092[/snapback]

*laugh*

Ok, I'm a geek. But that *was* funny. :lol:

My name.... Well, in '87 or so, there was an article in a magazine describing a "Random Name Generator." Decided to try it out, and came up with Fezmidfviwbr (or something similar). Saw the first 6 letters made a real name and took it. Used that as my online name from then on (was "Nighthawk" in the local BBS scene before that; Fezmid is much more original. :D ).

For those interested, here's how the random name generator works:

Roll a d6. A 1-2 means a vowel, a 3-5 means a consonant, and a 6 means the name is finished.

If you get a vowel, roll a d6 again; 1=a, 2=e, 3=i, 4=o, 5=u 6=y

If you get a consonant, roll a d20; 1=b, 2=c, 3=d, 4=f, 5=g, ..., 20=z

Pretty lame, but it works. I later found out what a Fez was; had no idea it was a real word at the time. :lol:

CW

hmmmmm.....can't-cha give us one clue?

139134[/snapback]

'spose I could:

It's a nickname for a nickname. My nickname in college was "Richie Rich". While waiting for a pool table at the student union one day, I wrote "R. Rich" on the waiting list, and the name just stuck.

Your a blond haired rich teenager with a dog named Dollar?

139135[/snapback]

Awww! You were so close, too.

As if the choice was yours to make.

139174[/snapback]

Always got throw something in as the last word don't you? Give it up. Not everyone wants to be part of the "popular" crowd. Some are secure in themselves and don't need validation through group mental masturbation.

Always got throw something in as the last word don't you?  Give it up.  Not everyone wants to be part of the "popular" crowd.  Some are secure in themselves and don't need validation through group mental masturbation.

139176[/snapback]

He's just a jerky jerk.