OT - How did you all think of your names?

bartshan-83

I've always wondered how/why some people come up with the "posting names" that they do. I mean there are some obvious examples like mine "Bart at ND" (which I will probably have to change next year to something like "Bart living with Parents" or "Bart with no job") but some are truly weird/interesting.

Let's hear it!

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wondered how/why some people come up with the "posting names" that they do. I mean there are some obvious examples like mine "Bart at ND" (which I will probably have to change next year to something like "Bart living with Parents" or "Bart with no job") but some are truly weird/interesting.

Let's hear it!

137868[/snapback]

I used to drink a ton of Matts beer in college. My preferred mode was the Matts beerball.

ND is North Dakota isn't it? :blink:

Thailog was an evil gargoyle back when my son was in his Disney Gargoyles phase many moons ago. He and I would wrestle and he would be the good gargoyle Goliath....and I had to be the bad guy....Thailog...Goliaths nemesis. Goliath backwards with the TH reversed. It just stuck with me.....The 80 was for EM.

Back in 98... I was hanging out in a dorm room of an all girl school in Raleigh, NC. We were talking about how my GF's roommate kept wearing her underwear. Which wasn't cool because her roommate had crabs. But anyway, the name detoxsmurf came to me from out of nowhere. I thought that would be a cool IM name. I've used it as my handle ever since.

Let's hear it!

137868[/snapback]

This has the potential to be the greatest look at me thread of all time... :blink:

Back in 98... I was hanging out in a dorm room of an all girl school in Raleigh, NC.  We were talking about how my GF's roommate kept wearing her underwear.  Which wasn't cool because her roommate had crabs.  But anyway, the name detoxsmurf came to me from out of nowhere.  I thought that would be a cool IM name.  I've used it as my handle ever since.

137908[/snapback]

:blink:

My name originates from my favorite Braves player when I was a kid.....Ron Gant. I started using it as a username everywhere.

i was heavily into beer-league ice hockey a few years ago. my team at the time was "the jesters," i wore #43. i was a "little-engine-that-could" type of winger. except, the truth was that i was too little, and really only barely could...and depending on who my center was, i flat out couldn't. so after scoring only about 20-25 goals in four years, i hung up my skates and started running again. but i had such a hard-on over my post count i didn't want to change my name.

the end B).

corp is in honor of ken corp the great buffalo wing. My friends and i became friends of him and the team during their run. When i originally signed up for AIM, corp85 was taken by my friend, so i became corp000085. I just use that name for EVERYTHING now.