Spiller  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Spiller

• Awesome pick
    • Good pick
    • I can live with it
    • Bad Pick
    • WTF?

While we had more pressing needs elsewhere, this pick was a perfect blend of "best player available" and "tremendous value".

He brings excitement and should be able to contribute right away.

Definitely agree, but someone has to get an explanation on his reaction. He did not appear to be exited at all to have the Bills call his name.

:censored:

But come on, you're off the board at #9 and entering the NFL. And besides, Clemson isn't exactly L.A.

You're a guy who's set to me MADE financially, and you can go anywhere...New York, San Fran, Houston, Miami...or Buffalo. Nah, can't see why he'd be disappointed. :w00t:

Guest dog14787

50, that's right 50 TD's in 4 years,

Big time play maker in my opinion, a threat to score every time he touches the ball :censored:

AWESOME PICK!!! Who was that prick that was whining about quiting being a Bills fan if they took Spiller. Be a man and come out of the woodworks. Don't make me hunt thru past threads lookin for your B word-ass.

maybe you were thinking about me when i said 'if we pick tebow @ 9 i'm becoming a fan of another team'?

I give it a WTF. Not because Spiller wont be productive or isn't good, but bottom line the bills didn't need a RB. If they pick up a OL or QB you say cool. A RB???? Ok, Gailey is the offensive version of Jauran. DJ picks DBs, Gailey takes RBs. RW is just attemtping to make the team so bad that the fan base loses loyalty, stops attending games, and RW can move/sell the team. That way he can blame Buffalo.

Most dynamic player in the draft. Many say he is a lock for ROY. He was clearly the BPA, which means we should get some real talent on this team if we keep taking BPA>

Same thing you said about Maybin :unsure:

Spiller is not some superstar waiting to explode. He is a kick returner with no true position. He doesnt run between the tackles and best attribute is as a pass catcher. Some RB.

Just another Gimmick player to Buffalo. Great.

You're a guy who's set to me MADE financially, and you can go anywhere...New York, San Fran, Houston, Miami...or Buffalo. Nah, can't see why he'd be disappointed. :unsure:

i noticed the same thing and that needs to be cleared up, or else why did we pick him if he is just going to end up another unhappy RB wanting to be traded out of Buffalo?

this is the only thing that i dont like about this pick. the turn over of high picked RBs. hope they can put a line in front of him and at least some sort of respectable qb so C can find some running room.

i voted "I can live with it" because i do like Spiller's talent. and we definitely got a deal on him at 9. but im not sure he can carry an NFL offense by himself.

Definitely agree, but someone has to get an explanation on his reaction. He did not appear to be exited at all to have the Bills call his name.

And how excited did Jared Odrick look to be going to Miami?

Or Demaryius Thomas to Denver?

They were pretty stonefaced as well.

Should Dolphins and Broncos fans develop an inferiority complex about their teams/cities as well?

Spiller is not some superstar waiting to explode. He is a kick returner with no true position. He doesnt run between the tackles and best attribute is as a pass catcher. Some RB.

Thoner, when aren't you negative about everything?

He IS a superstar that ALREADY exploded at the college level. There is nothing else you can go by other than how productive a player is at whatever level he is playing at. And that goes for EVERY player drafted. A kick returner with no true position? Doesn't run between the tackles? How did he score those 50 TDs in 4 years? Were they all on sweeps? All on receptions? All on returns? If you honestly believe he can't run between the tackles you haven't seen him play.

GO BILLS!!!

Terrible pick. 20 TDs of over 50 yards? That doesn't sound like anything the Bills could use.

:unsure:

If only he was faster perhaps it could be a justified pick at #9!

We took the best available player in the 1st round, that to me was very refreshing! I know we need an QB, OT or DT etc... but this kid looks real good!

OBD said all along they will not draft purely on need, if the people they had graded high enough at certain positions were not there at #9 they were not going to reach for the next best OT or QB to fill that said position. Good for them that they held on to that thought process for the 9th pick.

Obviously they didn't grade any of the QBs, OTs or DTs available worthy of the 9th pick. It seems to me that Nix has been talking about not stretching for a player every chance he can get for the last few months. I think they had a pretty good idea that the OTs they wanted or graded high enough simply were not going to be there when they picked and I think they correctly assumed that Spiller would be there for the taking and counted on this scenerio playing out this way.

Guest dog14787

50 TD's total, 32 of them on the ground, 11 in the air, 7 more special teams.

Good Gimmick if you ask me.

I chose "I can live with it". I wasn't overly impressed by any of the players taken after Spiller... here's to him becoming the next Chris Johnson. First #1 pick since Lee Evans (and maybe slightly McKelvin) that didn't have me shaking my head on draft day.

explosive playmaking ability. can play multiple roles/positions. good pick.

but man, we've got a lot of holes in this team.

10 years of bad drafting will cause any team to have more holes than a pound of swiss cheese. We finally have a GM in quite a while that knows talent. IMO it will take at least 4 years to right this ship.

Same thing you said about Maybin <_<

no he's a rb over 30 rushing TD's, that qualifies as a RB

50, that's right 50 TD's in 4 years,

Big time play maker in my opinion, a threat to score every time he touches the ball <_<

IMO2.

It'll be a thrilla and a chilla when we get the 'Spilla' in the Villa'!<of Orchard Park>

Spiller wasn't concerned with the depth chart. He declared he will play any role head coach Chan Gailey has in mind.

"Whatever my role is," Spiller said, "my main focus is just winning the Super Bowl, getting to the Super Bowl, bringing back the glory days that used to be up in Buffalo. I'm not worried about how I'll be used in the offense or how many touches I'll have. My main focus is 'What can I do to help this team reach the Super Bowl?'

"I'm very excited that they made the decision. It's one they're never going to regret."

Chris Johnson - 5'11'' 200 lbs

CJ Spiller - 5'10 3/4'' 196 <_<

Being the same size does not equate to having the same impact. Again, hate the pick because we didn't need him, but hoping he pans out to be something more than a 10-snap player. AT NUMBER 9.

I can't grade this pick 'til I see at least the next 2 rounds. If they take another RB & a K in the next 2 rounds, my reply will be WTF? If it's O- or D-line help or a QB, then maybe it's okay. I prefer to address the lines, based on need, but I do understand the 'best player available' approach.