Round 1, Pick #9: CJ Spiller RB Clemson

SDS

seriously, when you are wearing a helmet and pads and cleats and running 15 yards apart from the nearest defender, 5'10, 5'11, and 6'0 are pretty much the same. HA HA....yeah, he is dwarfed by all the great 6'2 RB's in the league.....gimme a f*cking break people

I think Thurman was 5'10".

What's your point? We have a good starting RB, so let's draft another one?

Your point is exactly why so many of us are upset. We have Freddie who's a very capable RB. We have Lynch who's a very capable RB. We don't need another RB. We need a LT, a DT, a QB. So, why pick someone at one of the few positions we actually have a little depth? Then you see the Bills say they like him in this Bush/gadget roll? Come on man.

People stop getting fixated on the "position" of RB. In the more important "position" of playmaker we have POOR depth. He plays a little bit faster the Bush. Bush looks "flashier" on tape in college. But CJ has great moves too - football moves - just one hard cut and go.

I think Thurman was 5'10".

I'm pretty sure he still is. Barry Sanders is 5'8".

Reggie Bush 6'0"

LT 5'10"

Michael Turner 5'10"

Clinton Portis 5'11"

Chris Johnson 5'11"

Fred Jackson 6'1"

Marshawn Lynch 5'11"

Thomas Jones 5'10"

Cedric Benson 5'11"

Anyone who thinks CJ is undersized is nutsy!!

I'm pretty sure he still is. Barry Sanders is 5'8".

Reggie Bush 6'0"

LT 5'10"

Michael Turner 5'10"

Clinton Portis 5'11"

Chris Johnson 5'11"

Fred Jackson 6'1"

Marshawn Lynch 5'11"

Thomas Jones 5'10"

Cedric Benson 5'11"

Anyone who thinks CJ is undersized is nutsy!!

Why would anyone give the Bills a 4th round pick for a backup Rb with character issues?

You are an idiot.

A good RB is 5'10 215

He is not short for a RB he is light.

He's 196# and will probably add another 5-10#. Chris Johnson is 5'11" and 200#. Neither his height nor his weight should be a problem.

Chris Johnson...

Some people here need to make up their minds. Was it the coaching or the players? Maybe new coaches get more out of the current crop? If it was the players - why was everyone crying over Jauron?

They selected an impact player for a scheme that has yet to be revealed. Let them show their cards before you condemn them.

Good post. Saw alot of Spiller here in SC. He is a stud, seems to have a good head on his shoulders and now he is a Bill. Our FO has a plan and they got the guy they wanted. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what good teams do- they go get good football players not take a Kelsay because we "need" a defensive end. Watch NE they always take the best available player.

The need might not have been running back but I'm sure we all agree the need is to score points.

No one doubts this is a tremendous player, most experts LOVE the choice.

Iowa lineman bust in the NFL by the way.

Hope we grab Colt at QB

Wow, I am shocked at the reaction and I only read a couple pages. Spiller is an absolute stud RB. It was not a "need" pick, but realistically the Bills are a few years from seriously contending and this is a great player to build your team around. He was by far the best RB in the draft and I hope a lot of people archive this thread, because he is going to be a special player! Bottom line is that a team cannot afford to miss in the first round, and we have seen our share of it, but this is a can't miss pick. GO BILLS!

Do you Spiller-loving idiots not understand that you can't win in today's NFL without a top quarterback?

You can have the best running back in the NFL, but without a good QB you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that every move they Bills make is correct.

Look at Chris Johnson in Tenesee, or Adrian Peterson in Minnesota two years ago with Tarvares - even the best RBs in the league can't bring some junk team with no QB to the playoffs.

This pick just proves that the regime is just more of the same. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Be honest, if someone asked you a week ago to list the Bills top need positions, you would NOT have said RB. If you were asked what positions they need the LEAST help at, RB would be near the top of the list.

Terrible pick by a terrible organization that is bound to be a cellar dweller until Ralph finally dies and the team is moved to another city.

Do you Spiller-loving idiots not understand that you can't win in today's NFL without a top quarterback?

You can have the best running back in the NFL, but without a good QB you CAN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Stop drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself that every move they Bills make is correct.

Look at Chris Johnson in Tenesee, or Adrian Peterson in Minnesota two years ago with Tarvares - even the best RBs in the league can't bring some junk team with no QB to the playoffs.

This pick just proves that the regime is just more of the same. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Be honest, if someone asked you a week ago to list the Bills top need positions, you would NOT have said RB. If you were asked what positions they need the LEAST help at, RB would be near the top of the list.

Terrible pick by a terrible organization that is bound to be a cellar dweller until Ralph finally dies and the team is moved to another city.

Wrong, I would have mentioned RB. Lynch is a shitbag, and they only had two true running backs on the roster las season after they cut Omon. Do the math jacknuts.